NYC Mayor Eric Adams charged with wire fraud, bribery, and solicting money from a foreign national.

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
So much corruption out there, and no place in the U.S. is it easier to be corrupted than thew financial capital of the world.

NEW YORK — New York Mayor Eric Adams was charged with bribery, wire fraud, and seeking illegal campaign donations in an indictment unsealed Thursday — a lengthy list of accusations that grew out of what prosecutors called “corrupt relationships" with rich foreigners.

For nearly a decade, the indictment charged, Adams “sought and accepted improper valuable benefits, such as luxury international travel, including from wealthy foreign businesspeople and at least one Turkish govermnent official seeking to gain influence over him.”

The mayor’s official residence, Gracie Mansion, was searched and his devices seized early Thursday, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe a sensitive process.

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Damian Williams and other agencies were expected to announce developments at a news conference. Adams’s indictment was sealed as the search of his residence took place.

Adams made a videotaped statement Wednesday night addressing possible charges against him.

“It is now my belief that the federal government intends to charge me with federal crimes,” Adams said. “If so, these charges will be entirely false, based on lies.”

Alex Spiro, a lawyer for Adams, criticized agents for their arrival at the mayor’s residence Thursday morning.

“Federal agents appeared this morning at Gracie Mansion in an effort to create a spectacle (again) and take Mayor Adams phone (again). He has not been arrested and looks forward to his day in court,” Spiro said in an email. “They send a dozen agents to pick up a phone when we would have happily turned it in.”

I enjoyed watching them toss out the race card against the Harris/Biden DOJ.

Replacing the blacks.....Now with more lawfare.

I like watching them burn.

OIP.BmU-nYApPRKKDeqTqdYb1QHaEK

He's a good Democrat.

Because he used to be a Republican. Now we might get the Public Advocate running things....and yeeps.

Jumaane Williams - Wikipedia

Williams was a supporter of the Occupy Wall Street movement,[29] and in September 2012 was assaulted by a member of the NYPD at an Occupy Wall Street event.[28][30]

Williams was also arrested in 2018 for protesting the detention of immigrant-rights activist Ravi Ragbir after Ragbir was detained during one of his regular check-ins with ICE.[31]

So much corruption out there, and no place in the U.S. is it easier to be corrupted than thew financial capital of the world.

NEW YORK — New York Mayor Eric Adams was charged with bribery, wire fraud, and seeking illegal campaign donations in an indictment unsealed Thursday — a lengthy list of accusations that grew out of what prosecutors called “corrupt relationships" with rich foreigners.

For nearly a decade, the indictment charged, Adams “sought and accepted improper valuable benefits, such as luxury international travel, including from wealthy foreign businesspeople and at least one Turkish govermnent official seeking to gain influence over him.”

The mayor’s official residence, Gracie Mansion, was searched and his devices seized early Thursday, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe a sensitive process.

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Damian Williams and other agencies were expected to announce developments at a news conference. Adams’s indictment was sealed as the search of his residence took place.

Adams made a videotaped statement Wednesday night addressing possible charges against him.

“It is now my belief that the federal government intends to charge me with federal crimes,” Adams said. “If so, these charges will be entirely false, based on lies.”

Alex Spiro, a lawyer for Adams, criticized agents for their arrival at the mayor’s residence Thursday morning.

“Federal agents appeared this morning at Gracie Mansion in an effort to create a spectacle (again) and take Mayor Adams phone (again). He has not been arrested and looks forward to his day in court,” Spiro said in an email. “They send a dozen agents to pick up a phone when we would have happily turned it in.”

Take note DemoKKKrats, Eric Adams was a hero to the left until he criticized the Harris/Biden illegal immigration scam. Just like Bob Menendez.

I knew when Adams railed against illegal aliens he was toast...
This is what happens when you stand up to these democrats in power....these Obama ass lickers will not stop till you are dead or ruined forever....
The laws he broke probably have something to do with it too, don't you think?

Weaponized DOJ!

Lawfare!

Forum List

Back