NYT: 'Biden’s Path to Re-election Has All But Vanished'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Even with evidence all around him, that he's likely to lose, and fully well knowing that the majority of Americans no longer have faith in his abilities, he refuses to end his campaign.
Last night a question was asked that was very telling. He was asked if polls showed that Kamala had a better chance beating Trump, than he had, would he step aside. As expected, he answered 'no'.

President Biden has spent much of 2024 with a more challenging path to winning a second presidential term in November than Donald Trump. But for reasons that have become glaringly obvious, that path has all but vanished.

Mr. Trump is now the clear front-runner to be the next president of the United States.

As I did for Times Opinion in April, I’ve drawn on my years as a Democratic strategist to look at polling, advertising and campaign spending in the key states in this election. As several maps illustrate below, I’ve never seen such a grim Electoral College landscape for Mr. Biden: He not only faces losing battleground states he won in 2020, he is also at risk of losing traditional Democratic states like Minnesota and New Hampshire, which Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama carried. If current trends continue, Mr. Trump could rack up one of the most decisive presidential victories since 2008.

Even with evidence all around him, that he's likely to lose, and fully well knowing that the majority of Americans no longer have faith in his abilities, he refuses to end his campaign.
Last night a question was asked that was very telling. He was asked if polls showed that Kamala had a better chance beating Trump, than he had, would he step aside. As expected, he answered 'no'.

And which Dem DOES have a path to victory?

An open border, record inflation, losing black and hispanic voters along with Trump who can run on an actual term so citizens can compare.

Whoever replaces Biden when it happens has their entire political career on the line. Harris or Newsom can't lose a General Election and expect to be elected dog catcher. This is why I don't think Newsom wants to run at this juncture, he wants to have a full election cycle, face anyone but Trump and not having to run on the record of the last 3.5 years.

The democrats have "scare tactics" to lie about.

Trump is a dictator
Trump won't leave office
Trump will end abortions
Trump will give Ukraine to Putin
Trump will leave NATO
Trump will end Social Security
Trump will end Medicare
etc.

It's still early enough in July for many things to change completely as the campaign season marches on. Your inane threads are seriously ignorant of facts and history.

Have you read Project 2025?

He's going to do all those things.

maxresdefault.jpg

Good for Trump. I like most of those things.

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Here are the last few Budgets, as the DEBT climbs to $35T and the dollar is ready to crash:

Biden’s 2024 Budget was $7.30T with a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Biden's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit
Trump's 2018 Budget was $4.10T with a $0.8T deficit
Trump's 2017 Budget was $4.00T with a $0.5T deficit

We need to do something drastic. My recommendations are to send Welfare back to the states and save $1.3T a year. If that isn't enough then we need to cut Medicaid. The Budget needs to be cut drastically.

I even read Project 2033. Trump plans to proclaim his lifetime Presidency. Stars and stripes will turn into locks and bars. Black slaves will build a new White House that resembles the Reichstag. Trump then will burn it down and enact security laws that will restrict civil rights to zero.

Last edited:

/-----/
1720801747189.png

If Biden stays in office, I can't see the party being able to remove him from the ticket.

After all, Biden's tremendous renomination campaign this past spring and winter shows his fabulous popularity. Dumping him now, in favor of a candidate determined in a smoke-free room, is a sure ticket to defeat.

IF, and that's the big "if", the D's want to get rid of Biden, they need to get him out of the WH immediately. Then they can concentrate on getting an acceptable running mate for nominee Kamala Harris.

Forum List

Back