Obama, Dems quietly stop calling it "Obamacare"

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
Perhaps this is the final giving-up. The Death Rattle.

Pelosi is now saying that she "always" has called it ACA or Affordable Care Act.

Right. And we've always been at war with Eastasia.

These people are straining the 5-minute attention span of their core voters, to the max.

Obama himself once predicted that, when it started working well, his opponents would stop calling it Obamacare, and would glumly call it something else.

Who's glum now, Mr. President?

------------------------------------

Obamacare Then, Affordable Care Act Now | Washington Free Beacon

Obamacare Then, Affordable Care Act Now

BY: David Rutz
November 20, 2013 4:32 pm

The term “Obamacare” has largely disappeared from the mouths of Democrats as the president’s health care reform law has gone from a rallying cry to a political grenade.

President Obama once said he embraced the phrase on the 2012 campaign trail, telling supporters, “I do care.” As recently as Nov. 8, Obama predicted to a laughing crowd in New Orleans that his political opponents would stop using the term once the law became popular.

“I know health care is controversial, so there’s only going to be so much support we get on that on a bipartisan basis — until it’s working really well, and then they’re going to stop calling it Obamacare,” he said. “They’re going to call it something else.”

However, it has seemed to change names with the Democrats instead as the law’s popularity has slumped to new lows in the wake of Obama’s broken promises, rising premiums, insurance cancellations and a disastrous rollout. Obama’s approval rating has also plummeted as a result.

During an apologetic press conference Nov. 14, Obama referred to his law as the Affordable Care Act 12 times but did not say “Obamacare” once. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who has referred to the law as Obamacare in the past, told Meet the Press host David Gregory that she “always” referred to it as the Affordable Care Act during an interview Sunday, and other Democrats are backing off the term as well.

Is COBRA ReaganCare?
After all, it's put hundreds of hospitals across our southern border out of business and has turned the US into an Illegal Alien magnet.

Perhaps this is the final giving-up. The Death Rattle.

Pelosi is now saying that she "always" has called it ACA or Affordable Care Act.

Right. And we've always been at war with Eastasia.

These people are straining the 5-minute attention span of their core voters, to the max.

Obama himself once predicted that, when it started working well, his opponents would stop calling it Obamacare, and would glumly call it something else.

Who's glum now, Mr. President?

------------------------------------

Obamacare Then, Affordable Care Act Now | Washington Free Beacon

Obamacare Then, Affordable Care Act Now

BY: David Rutz
November 20, 2013 4:32 pm

The term “Obamacare” has largely disappeared from the mouths of Democrats as the president’s health care reform law has gone from a rallying cry to a political grenade.

President Obama once said he embraced the phrase on the 2012 campaign trail, telling supporters, “I do care.” As recently as Nov. 8, Obama predicted to a laughing crowd in New Orleans that his political opponents would stop using the term once the law became popular.

“I know health care is controversial, so there’s only going to be so much support we get on that on a bipartisan basis — until it’s working really well, and then they’re going to stop calling it Obamacare,” he said. “They’re going to call it something else.”

However, it has seemed to change names with the Democrats instead as the law’s popularity has slumped to new lows in the wake of Obama’s broken promises, rising premiums, insurance cancellations and a disastrous rollout. Obama’s approval rating has also plummeted as a result.

During an apologetic press conference Nov. 14, Obama referred to his law as the Affordable Care Act 12 times but did not say “Obamacare” once. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who has referred to the law as Obamacare in the past, told Meet the Press host David Gregory that she “always” referred to it as the Affordable Care Act during an interview Sunday, and other Democrats are backing off the term as well.

Well heck--"The Affordable Health Care Act"--would be a lot worse--because there is certainly nothing affordable about it.

But I think I'll stick with Obamacare--because that's how everyone knows it--lol

Man on the street interview showed idiots being asked which they thought was better - the ACA or ObamaCare. Most answered that the ACA was better for America.

It was the pubs who started calling it ObamaCare and that backfired on them. One guy said it took a lot of nerve for President Obama to name it after himself.

Many thought it had been repealed, many didn't know its the law of the land and is here to stay and many STILL don't understand that its not a product.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people. They watch fux and they get fux.

BUT, as much as I prefer ObamaCare, if the idiots are ever gonna get it through their thick heads, I guess we should start calling it ACA.

Is COBRA ReaganCare?
After all, it's put hundreds of hospitals across our southern border out of business and has turned the US into an Illegal Alien magnet.

Yep. Thanks to Reagan, we no longer have the trauma centers and burn centers we used to. Hospitals were losing so much money, they had no choice but to lay off full time help and cut benefits.

Its the Republican way.

ObamaCare or Affordable Care ... either way the joke is the same.

I'd been calling it the ACA much of the time because that seemed like a nice thing to do. Sometimes I actually try to avoid being inflammatory. But now I might stop doing that because "ACA" is euphemistic; it lets people gloss over what the first A stands for. Call it "affordable" outright. Own the lie. I want the Democrats to remind the people of their willful deception every time they talk about the program.

Well, all I can say to the Dems is "Good Luck With That".

ObamaCare as a term will live forever in infamy.

Forum List

Back