Obama's Minions to order you to release you SSAN for Data Base

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
WTF??
New federal database will track Americans' credit ratings, other financial information | WashingtonExaminer.com

As many as 227 million Americans may be compelled to disclose intimate details of their families and financial lives -- including their Social Security numbers -- in a new national database being assembled by two federal agencies.

The Federal Housing Finance Agency and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau posted an April 16 Federal Register notice of an expansion of their joint National Mortgage Database Program to include personally identifiable information that reveals actual users, a reversal of previously stated policy.

FHFA will manage the database and share it with CFPB. A CFPB internal planning document for 2013-17 describes the bureau as monitoring 95 percent of all mortgage transactions.

FHFA officials claim the database is essential to conducting a monthly mortgage survey required by the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 and to help it prepare an annual report for Congress.

Critics, however, question the need for such a “vast database” for simple reporting purposes.

In a May 15 letter to FHFA Director Mel Watt and CFPB Director Richard Cordray, Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas, and Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho, charged, "this expansion represents an unwarranted intrusion into the private lives of ordinary Americans."

::::::::::::::::::::

But under the April register notice, the database expansion means it will include a host of data points, including a mortgage owner’s name, address, Social Security number, all credit card and other loan information and account balances.

The database will also encompass a mortgage holder’s entire credit history, including delinquent payments, late payments, minimum payments, high account balances and credit scores, according to the notice.

Once again the Congress, Democrats mostly this time, create new agencies with nearly unlimited powers to intrude into our private lives.

This is why I firmly believe these agencies should not have the power to create new "regulations" that have the force of being laws. Only Congress should be able to do that with the signature of the President.

The EPA should not be able to enact cap and trade on it's own.. but it's going to. The IRS is going to enact new "regulations" to limit political donations... but that should be Congress's job.

We need to seriously reign in the power the Government and these agencies that work at the bidding of the President.

Last edited:
So Representative Hensarling has a problem with the regulatory agency created to oversee mortgages created by the financial institutions which crashed the whole planet, eh?

I wonder why?

Let's take a look at his biggest campaign donors, shall we?

24f0gok.jpg

vdiyi9.jpg

Oh...dear. It seems he is in the pocket of real estate and Wall Street!

Last edited:
So Representative Hensarling has a problem with the regulatory agency created to oversee mortgages created by the financial institutions which crashed the whole planet, eh?

Oh...dear. It seems he is in the pocket of real estate and Wall Street!

How about addressing the issue instead of a Strawman?

Why should the Federal Government have a data base that includes my SSAN, My Banking history, my debt history, etc?

Then, why should an agency of the Government be able to decide that they want this information and are going to require all Americans surrender it to them without going through and being passed by the Congress and requiring a Presidential Signature?

There is the real question, not the fake one you proposed.

Jeb Hensarling has maintained his position in Congress by maintaining "information files" on his enemies back home.

There is no unwarranted intrusion into peoples' lives. The mortgage melt down scandal created the Great Recession, and we don't that again, although I am sure the fascist corporationists will do their darnedest in the future to make it happen.

Let me lay down some clues...

Total US population: 313.9 million

Number of US households: 112 million.

Percent of US households that have a mortgage: 28 percent.

The biggest issue with this is the threat of hackers stealing data. The government has not shown it's any better at keeping data secure than anyone else. A couple of years ago when I lived in South Carolina hackers managed to hack into the state government's system and steal people's information from their income tax filings.

Let me lay down some clues...

Total US population: 313.9 million

Number of US households: 112 million.

Percent of US households that have a mortgage: 28 percent.

Even if the numbers are off the concern is legitimate. Where does the U.S. government get the Constitutional authority to collect any of this information in the first place? I shouldn't have to hand over my banking, credit, and mortgage history to the feds just because I buy a house.

So, the government issues SS#'s and now the tea brains are worried about them getting hold of those numbers.... that they gave us?

How fuckin' stupid are these people?

The purpose is to ensure the financial industry is not up to its old tricks of creating predatory and toxic loans, and to ensure they are not violating tax laws or mortgage chain of custody laws which they did en masse leading up to the crash.

So, the government issues SS#'s and now the tea brains are worried about them getting hold of those numbers.... that they gave us?

How fuckin' stupid are these people?

It's not that they have SSNs, it's that it is tied to other personal information in the same database.

Not that we expect an idiot like you to understand basic computer security practices.

The purpose is to ensure the financial industry is not up to its old tricks of creating predatory and toxic loans, and to ensure they are not violating tax laws or mortgage chain of custody laws which they did en masse leading up to the crash.
How does that make any sense... I already have a mortgage that I have never missed a payment on. I make my payments. Nobody's business about my credit card & banking information.
If i'm not selling or buying a home what business it to Anyone especially the government.

How does that make any sense... I already have a mortgage that I have never missed a payment on. I make my payments. Nobody's business about my credit card & banking information.
If i'm not selling or buying a home what business it to Anyone especially the government.
None. They are hoping that you will be side tracked by the SSAN deflection.

Forum List

Back