Obama's Speech - comments

Obama has inferred that the GOP wants America to be second place in the world.

How many of you think the Dems won't pull the trigger in the Senate if the GOP does not give up partisanship and begins working for America's good?

I do, Jake, and it's about time!!!

You know, it is very seldom that you see a member of congress withhold applause. For one entire party to refuse to applaud in unison is incredible. I hope the Democrats remember this when a republican occupies the Oval Office.

Pretty classy for the GOP to illustrate their dedication to bi-partisan ship. Very Classy!

memory loss?

It's very apparent....actually, it's not memory loss, it's an inability to see it when it happened.

my guess is they aren't old enough and don't know history....and if they are old enough to have seen a carter or reagan speech live then they are just lying...

You know, it is very seldom that you see a member of congress withhold applause. For one entire party to refuse to applaud in unison is incredible. I hope the Democrats remember this when a republican occupies the Oval Office.

Pretty classy for the GOP to illustrate their dedication to bi-partisan ship. Very Classy!
I guess you missed all those SOTU speeches that the Shrub gave, where the dems sat on their hands, oh you of the short-term memory loss.

Hack.

Ummm....what fucking planet are you on? PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA HELD SEVERAL CLOSED DOOR MEETINGS WITH DEMOCRATS CONCERNING HCR.

HE CLOSED THE DOOR...and when he did, America began electing republicans to replace democrats....

It's beautifully poetic really

Fool. Those are all quotes from Republicans.

C'mon dean....you don't really want to hang your hat on this do you? Blaming republicans for dems shutting out ANY interaction? You're not the glib....I refuse to believe it. If you are, then you should consider that the world smells and looks so much better when you keep your head on your shoulders and out of your ass.

One of the reasons Democrats are angry with Obama is because he has extended his hand to Republicans and they spit in it. Who doesn't know that? Especially since they have been doing it in a VERY public way ever since he took office.

Fool. Those are all quotes from Republicans.

C'mon dean....you don't really want to hang your hat on this do you? Blaming republicans for dems shutting out ANY interaction? You're not the glib....I refuse to believe it. If you are, then you should consider that the world smells and looks so much better when you keep your head on your shoulders and out of your ass.

One of the reasons Democrats are angry with Obama is because he has extended his hand to Republicans and they spit in it. Who doesn't know that? Especially since they have been doing it in a VERY public way ever since he took office.

What planet do you inhabit again, dean?
Please show one example where this happened? I mean outside of your own brain.

S&P 500 futures rose 5 points during the speech, or 0.7%, probably because the market was expecting a more anti-business tone.

pro citizen and small business and still anti bank.....i don't see banks lending money and taking risk....

obam wants it both ways....wall streets and banks are bad...and in the next breath taking the piss and telling them to lend...and oh by the way pay us back with interest...

I guess you missed all those SOTU speeches that the Shrub gave, where the dems sat on their hands, oh you of the short-term memory loss.

Hack.

shit, it go so bad a couple of times I thought old drunk kennedy's head was gonna splode! yep!

I've been watching these for 40 years. It's pretty standard. You don't applaud what you disagree with. Republicans don't like the middle class. They can't even bring themselves to say the words. So when Obama talks about supporting America's middle class, of course the Republicans, who refer big corporations, aren't going to applaud.

What planet do you inhabit again, dean?
Please show one example where this happened? I mean outside of your own brain.

:popcorn:

Obama did not blame Bush!!! He was reporting on the state of the union during his first year as prez, and how things were last January when he took over. What is wrong with that???

He did inherit two wars and a crummy economy. He's not lying!!!

I've been watching these for 40 years. It's pretty standard. You don't applaud what you disagree with. Republicans don't like the middle class. They can't even bring themselves to say the words. So when Obama talks about supporting America's middle class, of course the Republicans, who refer big corporations, aren't going to applaud.

second chance for a link big boy,,, and I think you mean prefer not refer,, now what were you saying about scientists again..

you are so blind and full of shit.....the gop believe in running the country like a company...the dems believe in running it like a day care center....

i will bet you can't even make an argument why corporations create jobs and tax cuts to the middle class won't....

how about this...how will taxing and penalizing banks encourage them to loan money....

Who was it in the back of the room telling jokes during the speech? I heard laughter quite a few times...

Obama did not blame Bush!!! He was reporting on the state of the union during his first year as prez, and how things were last January when he took over. What is wrong with that???

He did inherit two wars and a crummy economy. He's not lying!!!

why does it matter what he inherited ....

Obama did not blame Bush!!!
twilight_zone-rod-serling.jpg

It was interesting watch the military men sit stone faced when barry announced openly gay people will now be allowed in the military.

That he annouced in a SOTU was a little unusual.

The USSC looked REALLY angry that Barry attacked their decision, even the dissenting judges were stone faced at the POTUS's incredible over reach there.

It was interesting watch the military men sit stone faced when barry announced openly gay people will now be allowed in the military.

That he annouced in a SOTU was a little unusual.

The USSC looked REALLY angry that Barry attacked their decision, even the dissenting judges were stone faced at the POTUS's incredible over reach there.
Maybe next year, he can give the SOTU from a balcony. :eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back