Obama's Speech - comments

"not true" not quite "you lie" but nice to see Obama get corrected by a SC member

Hot Air Blog Archive “Not true”: Alito mouths words as Obama hammers Supreme Court
He’s on the far left of your screen, seated to the right of Sotomayor. Politico’s calling it his Joe Wilson moment.

When you hear the president of the United States demagoging the First Amendment, you sit there and you take it, son.

:lol:
Even Jaun Williams mentioned the swipe Obama took against the SC as being a dangerous departure from seperation of powers.

Obama Criticizes Supreme Court - CBS News Video

It was interesting watch the military men sit stone faced when barry announced openly gay people will now be allowed in the military.

That he annouced in a SOTU was a little unusual.

The USSC looked REALLY angry that Barry attacked their decision, even the dissenting judges were stone faced at the POTUS's incredible over reach there.

i don't recall obama saying anything about gays in the military

Me neither, but maybe I missed it.

Here's a link to the text of the speech:

State of the Union speech text - Yahoo! News

:night:

It was interesting watch the military men sit stone faced when barry announced openly gay people will now be allowed in the military.

The USSC looked REALLY angry that Barry attacked their decision, even the dissenting judges were stone faced at the POTUS's incredible over reach there.

Then watch it again, he says it right near the end.

i seem to recall they are required to sit there stoned faced....they serve the president not a party...

Um... No, they don't...

You must have been sleeping when they went through that whole 3 equal branches stuff...

dude...the military is not a branch....................................they obey the commander in chief............obama

Ummmm Yurt, there are actually FIVE branches of the military. look it up first next time

"not true" not quite "you lie" but nice to see Obama get corrected by a SC member

Hot Air Blog Archive “Not true”: Alito mouths words as Obama hammers Supreme Court
He’s on the far left of your screen, seated to the right of Sotomayor. Politico’s calling it his Joe Wilson moment.

When you hear the president of the United States demagoging the First Amendment, you sit there and you take it, son.

Even Jaun Williams mentioned the swipe Obama took against the SC as being a dangerous departure from seperation of powers.

Worse is the swipe the SC took against the political process. It still amazes me that Republicans support foreign countries flooding money into the American political process, especially since Republicans go on and on about lobbyists. What do they think foreign corporations spending unlimited money on American elections is? Seriously? It's "super" lobbyists.

Got it!

Abroad, America's greatest source of strength has always been our ideals. The same is true at home. We find unity in our incredible diversity, drawing on the promise enshrined in our Constitution: the notion that we are all created equal, that no matter who you are or what you look like, if you abide by the law you should be protected by it, that if you adhere to our common values you should be treated no different than anyone else.

We must continually renew this promise. My administration has a civil rights division that is once again prosecuting civil rights violations and employment discrimination. We finally strengthened our laws to protect against crimes driven by hate. This year, I will work with Congress and our military to finally repeal the law that denies gay Americans the right to serve the country they love because of who they are. We are going to crack down on violations of equal pay laws — so that women get equal pay for an equal day's work. And we should continue the work of fixing our broken immigration system — to secure our borders, enforce our laws and ensure that everyone who plays by the rules can contribute to our economy and enrich our nations.

In the end, it is our ideals, our values, that built America — values that allowed us to forge a nation made up of immigrants from every corner of the globe, values that drive our citizens still. Every day, Americans meet their responsibilities to their families and their employers. Time and again, they lend a hand to their neighbors and give back to their country. They take pride in their labor, and are generous in spirit. These aren't Republican values or Democratic values they're living by, business values or labor values. They are American values.

Got it!

Abroad, America's greatest source of strength has always been our ideals. The same is true at home. We find unity in our incredible diversity, drawing on the promise enshrined in our Constitution: the notion that we are all created equal, that no matter who you are or what you look like, if you abide by the law you should be protected by it, that if you adhere to our common values you should be treated no different than anyone else.

We must continually renew this promise. My administration has a civil rights division that is once again prosecuting civil rights violations and employment discrimination. We finally strengthened our laws to protect against crimes driven by hate. This year, I will work with Congress and our military to finally repeal the law that denies gay Americans the right to serve the country they love because of who they are. We are going to crack down on violations of equal pay laws — so that women get equal pay for an equal day's work. And we should continue the work of fixing our broken immigration system — to secure our borders, enforce our laws and ensure that everyone who plays by the rules can contribute to our economy and enrich our nations.

In the end, it is our ideals, our values, that built America — values that allowed us to forge a nation made up of immigrants from every corner of the globe, values that drive our citizens still. Every day, Americans meet their responsibilities to their families and their employers. Time and again, they lend a hand to their neighbors and give back to their country. They take pride in their labor, and are generous in spirit. These aren't Republican values or Democratic values they're living by, business values or labor values. They are American values.

Republicans don't see gays as "people".

Got it!

:lol: Even the gay ones?

I havent read all the replies yet in this thread, but the stuff about student loan forgiveness completely blew me away. why just not give everyone pell grants or something. why bother with "loans" that disappear after so many years and quicker based on your job. really bizarre

LOL

we need to encourage American innovation

LOL

Yeah, it's called "free enterprise"

also very important is research funds to private businesses, universtiies, and the military. much of our invention has come from those places doing gov funded research

Worse is the swipe the SC took against the political process. It still amazes me that Republicans support foreign countries flooding money into the American political process, especially since Republicans go on and on about lobbyists. What do they think foreign corporations spending unlimited money on American elections is? Seriously? It's "super" lobbyists.

You might want to look up someone named George Soros--:lol::lol::lol:

Got it!

Really--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Did I hear a few things I liked? Of course.

Do I have any realistic hope that they might come to pass from Obama? Nope!

Nothing new from Obama!

No substance, poor facts, hypocritical and out of touch.

When he spoke in Ohio the other day stating that the economy had turned the corner, their unemployment rate had just rose again, hitting nearly 11%!

The man doesn't have a clue about what is taking place on main street and the only reason he is even preaching it now, is because he got his ass kicked last week and healthcare is dead in the water as of right now!

A long winded, very partisan, passing the buck speech.

He is the same light weight phoney who was swore in a year ago.

The sooner he is gone, the better!

Mike

Did I hear a few things I liked? Of course.

Do I have any realistic hope that they might come to pass from Obama? Nope!

Nothing new from Obama!

No substance, poor facts, hypocritical and out of touch.

When he spoke in Ohio the other day stating that the economy had turned the corner, their unemployment rate had just rose again, hitting nearly 11%!

The man doesn't have a clue about what is taking place on main street and the only reason he is even preaching it now, is because he got his ass kicked last week and healthcare is dead in the water as of right now!

A long winded, very partisan, passing the buck speech.

He is the same light weight phoney who was swore in a year ago.

The sooner he is gone, the better!

Mike

He was "swore in"?

Forum List

Back