Official UMSB Mafia Game 7 - Revolution in WiFom City (The Resistance)

ScarletRage

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2014
Revolution in WiFom City - The Resistance

Flavor

The townsfolk of WiFom City got tired of living under mafia rule. They just eliminated demons and now they finally hope to wrestle the town away from the mafia. The town’s mayor, Titus, will be of no help as she doesn’t want to die. She won’t be much of an aid to the mafia though either as she doesn’t want to be killed in the event of a rebellion. The townsfolk and mob are used to Titus just always siding with the winner in these perpetual conflicts.

The town has trained special agents to try and knock out five locations of mafia influence. If three of these locations fall, then the mafia will lose their stranglehold over the town. All of the special agents are equally qualified, but some of them are secretly aligned with the mafia who have control over the town. The mafia traitors have no way of privately communicating with each other, but know each other by dealings prior to the missions.

The missions require a great deal of stealth. As such, not everyone can go on each given mission. The town-loyal agents will always vote to succeed each mission. The mafia aligned agents can vote to pass or fail on any given mission. Everyone will want in for most missions. Can you crack the puzzle? Good luck special agent!

Role PMs

Town

You’ve graduated from the prestigious Corrupt Government Overthrow Academy or CGOA for short. However, you know that some of your fellow classmates are working for the mob. Each sabotage helps you catch them, but puts them one step closer to victory. Three sabotaged missions means the mafia retains control of the town. All missions only need one scum downvote but for mission 4. Mission 4 requires two scum downvotes to fail.

Mafia

Hello, you all managed to infiltrate the town's special agent training academy, the Corrupt Government Overthrow Academy or CGOA for short. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to try and tank three missions. The hardest part is each sabotage gives the enemy a little more information about you.

You can take missions by rejecting the leadership for a mission five times or by submitting a fail card on a mission. It takes two fail cards to fail mission 4. Your scumbuddies are the other players in this conversation. It is locked to prevent further replies. You cannot talk to each other but through the game thread. There is no QT.

Gameplay

The game starts with a leader being notified publicly.

The leader then puts forth a team of people to go on a mission within 72 hours of their appointment.

The group, as a whole, votes to approve or reject a mission within 48 hours of my acknowledgement of the team.

If a mission is approved, then the players on the mission vote to succeed or fail a mission.

If the mission is succeeded, town gains one point. If the mission is failed, then the scums gain a point.

If the group rejects the composition of a team, the next leader is assigned. If the group goes through five leaders without electing a possible team, the scums gets a point.

There are six town aligned secret agents and four mafia aligned secret agents. The mafia aligned secret agents have no method of communicating outside of the thread, just like the town. The mafia just know who each other are.

If you're still confused, you can watch the video provided in the signup thread. Just suppose there are 6 town and 4 mafia.

48 hour prods are in effect. The thread is always open for talking. Silence is never required

Votes and Votecounts

Votes to lynch are not counted here as no player ever gets lynched. Every player plays until the end. I will not show logical deductions. I will not confirm any player as town or scum. Only the play of the players can do that.

The Voting History will be shown in the first post. This will include Leader Nominations, Group Votes on them and end results of successes and fails. The group will know if you approve or reject a mission. The votes for success or failure are hidden, but logically must be cast by the players on the mission.

Mission Success or Failure

Look here for how many players go on a mission and how many are needed to fail.
Mission 1: The Courthouse, 3 players embark. One failure tanks mission.

Mission 2: The Chamber of Commerce, 4 players go. One failure tanks mission.

Mission 3: The Media Conglomerate, 4 players go. One failure tanks mission.

Mission 4: The Supermarket, 5 players go. Two failures tanks mission.

Mission 5: Mayor’s Office, 5 players go. One failure tanks mission.

Leader Order (used random list sorter at random.org)

The leadership will pass in the order below, either through mission attempts or rejected groups.

1. CafeAuLait
  2. Grandma
  3. Avatar4321
  4. Arden
  5. Wolfsister77
  6. Wake
  7. FA_Q2
  8. Shaitra
  9. Moonglow
  10. Josh_B

Vote Counts

Mission 1: The Courthouse

Leader CafeAuLait -
Proposed: CafeAuLait, Shaitra, Grandma
Group Vote: Unanimous Approval
Individual Votes: [Names not revealed] [Votes Yet to be Cast]

Last edited:
Mission 1: The Courthouse

The scums have had a grip on law and order for a while. The mafia has been bribing the local supreme judge so every townie goes to jail and mob people get off on technicalities.

Any good society depends on law and order. The town agents are attempting to sabotage the bribery and destroy the blackmail evidence the mafia has on the judge.

If the town can stop the blackmail, then the mafia can be convicted through the legal process.

The team must be approved fast. Time is of the essence as you only have one shot to get at the judge.

Your leader is CafeAuLait. He has 72 hours to nominate three people. Then the group decides to approve or reject the team for the mission.

The deadline for Cafe's decision is 12:30 PM PST on Friday October 17th. The time of this edit is 12:30 PM PST on Tuesday October 14th.

Last edited:
I have received the pm. Just wanted to confirm though I didn't see any request to. So do we wait for cafe to nominate or talk in the meantime?

Talking is required. 48 hour prod rules apply. I will edit that into the first post.

Now all we have to do is wait for the Cafe` to open...
There is no rule preventing scumhunting or obfuscation prior to his nominations. Either or both are encouraged prior to nominations.

I'm here.

So, Cafe, how much experience do you have with missions?

I'll join a mission. I always wanted to get shot at.

HRM.

I'd like to lynch someone.

I can't lynch someone.

Titus, would you please break this down for us in basic Mafia terms?

HRM.

I'd like to lynch someone.

I can't lynch someone.

Titus, would you please break this down for us in basic Mafia terms?
You all can tell Cafe who to nominate. Cafe picks three people. Town wants all town. Scum want a least 1 scum. After Cafe's proposal, the entire group votes up or down on the team.

They vote to succeed or fail missions. Town must vote to succeed. Scum can succeed or fail. One scum fail vote gets scum a point. No fails gets town a point. First to three wins.

Is the voting for the team/mission public? So everyone knows who voted what?

Voting for succeed/fail private? So no one knows who voted what but you will tell us the results in thread?

Am I close?

Oh..

I see now.

So... what if Cafe is Scum? Can she manipulate the process if she were Scum?

Do we search for the same Scumhunting tells? Could I ask Cafe to nominate me?

It's a different concept than basic lynching, but neat, and I'm sure we'll get the hang of this, too.

Is the voting for the team/mission public? So everyone knows who voted what?

Voting for succeed/fail private? So no one knows who voted what but you will tell us the results in thread?

Am I close?

Cafe's nominations are public along with any other leader.

The votes to approve or reject a team are public.

Votes to pass or fail a mission once on a team are private but the group will be informed of the number of passes and fails.

Oh..

I see now.

So... what if Cafe is Scum? Can she manipulate the process if she were Scum?

Do we search for the same Scumhunting tells? Could I ask Cafe to nominate me?

It's a different concept than basic lynching, but neat, and I'm sure we'll get the hang of this, too.

A player nominates regardlessof alignment. There are no bonuses or restrictions based on alignment on nominations.

I cannot advise how to scumhunt.

If we deduce that a player is Scum, what can we do about it?

Is there any way to kill it?

Forum List

Back