Official USMB Mafia Game #1

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Welcome to Official USMB Mafia Game #1! The Mafia has infiltrated your town and killed the mayor!
It's up to you to discover the identities of the bad guys and bring peace back to your home!

mafiascum_tshirt_design_v3_by_bexter-d2ygawk.png

Host: Wake

Player List:
1) RosieS
2) Avatar4321
3) strollingbones
4) dblack
5) blackflag
6) Cereal_Killer
7) R.D.
8) Manifold
9) Moonglow
10) Shaitra
11) Mertex
12) Syrenn
13) Mebelle60

The Game's Flow

Day 1 starts!

Vote Count 1.1, Vote Count 1.2, Vote Count 1.3, Vote Count 1.4, Vote Count 1.5, Vote Count 1.6 & Death Scene

Day 2 Bloodshed, Vote Count 2.1, Vote Count 2.2, Vote Count 2.3, Vote Count 2.4, Vote Count 2.5 & Death Scene

Day 3 Bloodshed, Vote Count 3.1

The Road So Far...​

Town Cop - RosieS
Town Doctor - ?
Vanilla Townie (Bulletproof) - strollingbones
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie - Blackflag
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie - Cereal_Killer
Vanilla Townie - ?
Vanilla Townie- Mebelle60
Red Mafia Roleblocker - ?
Red Mafia Goon - ?
Blue Mafia Roleblocker - Syrenn
Blue Mafia Goon - Moonglow

Last edited:
Game Rules
All USMB rules should be followed, along with the following rules.

Game Timeline
  • Day phases will last one week.
  • Night phases will last two days.

General Rules
  • Do not quote your role PM or any other PM/QT communication from the mod.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
  • Do not edit or delete posts in this thread.

Activity
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 72 hours and another player hasn't made a request, I will prod that player.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post before a replacement will be found.
  • If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!

Votes and Lynching
  • Votes must be in the format of VOTE: Player Name. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
  • A player will be lynched if a majority of the players have voted for that player.
  • You may vote for a No Lynch. If a majority of players vote for a No Lynch, the game will proceed to Night without a lynch.
  • All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until the thread is locked.
  • Once I have posted your death scene, you may not post.
  • You may change your vote as many times as you wish.

Behavior
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Always play to your win condition.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to.

Last edited:
Game Setup

This game is using a multi-ball system, in which there is one Town group and two rival Mafia teams. Here is the structure we'll be using:

Town Cop
Town Doctor
Vanilla Townie (Bulletproof)
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Goon

Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Goon

Role PMs

Eachplayer will receive one of these PMs, at random. :D

Role PM said:
You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities
  • During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.

Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Role PM said:
You are a Town Cop.

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of You believe [target] to be [Guilty/Not Guilty]. If you did not successfully investigate someone, you will receive No Result.

Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Role PM said:
You are a Town Doctor.

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.

Win Condition

Role PM said:
You are a Vanilla Townie (Bulletproof).

Abilities
  • You will survive any kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.

Win Condition

Role PM said:
You are a Mafia Goon with your partner, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Roleblocker).

Abilities
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending posting on the Mafia QT or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night at this QuickTopic thread.

Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Role PM said:
You are a Mafia Roleblocker with your partner, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Goon).

Abilities
  • Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia QT or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Role PM said:
You are a Mafia Goon with your partner, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Roleblocker).

Abilities
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending posting on the Mafia QT or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition

Role PM said:
You are a Mafia Roleblocker with your partner, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Goon).

Abilities
  • Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia QT or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition

*Role PMs being randomized and sent.
*If you have basic gameplay questions, please ask in this thread.
*Any sensitive gameplay question should be asked via PM.
*Please do not post in this thread until 10/13 of all players have confirmed.
*You confirm your Role PM by responding back to me with your Win Condition and/or Role.
*To preserve game integrity, please do not post in this thread if you are not playing.

Last edited:
All I can say is that this game is going to be awesome.

The Role PMs have been randomized and sent.

Day 1 will begin when 10/13 players have confirmed.

Thread is locked until then. ;-)

11/13 Role PMs confirmed.

Last edited:
Day 1 begins!

You may all post and vote and lob accusations against each other!

I'll be tallying votes to keep everyone up to date. Good luck!

I'm tempted to think through the benefits of not lynching anyone out of the gate. Randomly picking would be more likely to kill a townie than mafia But we know the scum will kill someone the first night. Anyone done the math on this?

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I read through the thread rather quickly. Do we vote in this thread? When is it binding? As soon as we post it?

The very beginning of Mafia is typically known as the Random Voting Stage. This breaks the ice and gets reactions going. ;-)

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I read through the thread rather quickly. Do we vote in this thread? When is it binding? As soon as we post it?

Yup. As soon as you post it. However, you can change your vote as many times as you wish, whenever you change your mind. :) My job's to tally all the votes, from time to time.

Last edited:
Well then, I roll my die and choose..........

blackflag for lynching. :D

Voting is relatively simple.

Vote: Player Name

That's it. :D

Last edited:
Vote: dblack

A little chatty and posing some very thought provoking questions. Tells me he's trying to appear unthreatening.

Our first kill is going to be an outright guess - there's no way we can really know. My question, after we kill someone, do we find out what that person's role was?

I need to make a list of the players, so I'm willing to hold off and see who else is going to weigh in....

Vote: dblack

A little chatty and posing some very thought provoking questions. Tells me he's trying to appear unthreatening.

Seems laying low would be the better strategy for scum.

We can change our votes, right?

The fact that CK is so quick to want to lynch dblack makes me suspect that maybe CK may be the one that needs to be investigated further....hmmmm.

New Topics

Forum List

Back