Official USMB Mafia Game #8: Gremlins, Goblins, and Ghouls! (Oh my!)

Bottom line: Scum won because of the way town decided to play this game. You can get mad at me, throw a fit, whatever the hell you want to do, but that's the truth, like it or not. Everything I bitched about in the dz was the truth. I didn't sugar coat it. I don't recall anyone ever sugar coating the things they said about me in QT's. I never insulted anyone or name called or anything else. I was not happy with what happened this game and vented about it. I really don't care if someone doesn't like it.

/Done

It was getting very tiresome listening/reading you melt down every game. It truly made me not want to post. That's the truth with no sugar coating.

Really SS does not count as NKing the vampire.

If anyone reads the dead QT towns had a tiny chance of winning but would require a major miracle.

I only gave out the framework of the setup (the joat, backup, and vamp idea) everything else that was put together was ayes doing.

I do think the SS was a little powerful on scum mostly due to the fact that towns had no way of really "dealing" with it (maybe sk but thats ehhh)

IMO if you give scums that kind of power (SS/veng) that town needs a hard counter to it.

i didnt do much for this game at all i just kind poped in every now and then to just see the game.

I think it was highly townsided overall and was taken out mostly due to apathy and lurkage

Aye, why didn't I get an ability? You gave them to everyone else?

On Halloween, every player received something. Some liked what they got, some didn't. When I made the list of them, I randomized them just like I did the roles.

Here's the list I made:
Voyeur

During the Night Phases, you can target a player and learn what was done to them that night (protection, investigation, etc), but not who did it.

Gunsmith
You are a Gunsmith.

On even Night Phases, you can target a player to learn if they have a gun in flavor. (Note that SK's and Vampires do not carry guns. Cops and Ghouls do.)

Super Saint
You are a Super Saint.

If lynched, the player that placed the hammer vote on you dies.

JOAT Backup
You area a JOAT Backup.

You will acquire the remaining abilities of the Jack of all Trades if that player dies.

One-Shot Town Commuter
You are a One-Shot Town Commuter.

Once in the game, at Night, you may "commute". All abilities that target you that Night will fail.

Oracle
You are an Oracle.

Choose one person each Night Phase to visit. If you are NK'd, the role of the last person you visited will be revealed to all.

Disguiser
You are a Disguiser.

Choose one person each Night Phase to visit. If that person is NK'd, you assume that role.

Halloween Song Writer
You are a Halloween Song Writer.

For the remainder of the Game Day, your posts must rhyme as though they were being sung.

Halloween Instigator
You are a Halloween Instigator.

For the remainder of the Game Day, you must pick two players where you contradict their posts in an antagonizing manner.

Halloween Candy Thief
You are a Halloween Candy Thief.

For the remainder of the Game Day, you must copy two players' posts and claim them as your own.

Halloween Creeper
You are a Halloween Creeper.

For the remainder of the Game Day, you must post Creepy Halloween pictures in each of your posts. There must be a minimum of 3 posts/images each day.

Aye, my issue is items like Halloween Candy thief or Halloween Creeper are not abilities, they are post restrictions. An ability gives you something additional, like watching someone. A post restriction means you had to do something additional with your post or get penalized. That's my understanding of the two things and IMO they are not equal.

No post restrictions were given by me in this game. What the players chose to do with the abilities and how to use them was entirely up to those that received them. Take SR for example: She got the Halloween Candy Thief ability. Instead of taking it in a negative way, she decided to let others' posts speak for her. She only had to use two players' posts, but she chose to use more. She also chose to continue using that ability longer than she had to. She had asked me if her ability was over, and I told her yes, she met the requirements of it, but if she wanted to keep using it and have fun with it, she could. She chose to keep using it.

Forum List

Back