Officially Speaking, There Was No Big Bang

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
Physics Girl ain't playin' -- but she's full of fun nonetheless. What this amounts to, for those who can't be bothered to watch a short YouTube video, is an historical review that, when combined with considerable logical analysis, concludes with a giant We Don't Know! But we know a little, meaning there was never any "singularity analogous to a "Bang" and there's never been any discernable limit or absolute size to the Universe.

I don't think we will ever have enough information to conclusively know scientifically how the universe originated or if it didn't simply always exist in one form or another. We are too far removed from that event.

Sir Richard the Easily Startled​

3 weeks ago
This is how I've understood the Big Bang since it was explained to us by our physics teacher. Questions like 'Where did it start?' and 'What is it expanding into?' obviously came up and his simple answer was 'Well, more Universe.' The fact that it started infinite and is still infinite, just bigger, really blew our minds.
Not me. How people continue imagining that it could or somehow must all be about us, whether individually or as a species, is something that's always blown my mind. Inject a Faith vs Lack thereof dichotomy and it truly becomes blast worthy.

"I hold that space cannot be curved, for the simple reason that it can have no properties. It might as well be said that God has properties. He has not, but only attributes and these are of our own making. Of properties we can only speak when dealing with matter filling the space. To say that in the presence of large bodies space becomes curved is equivalent to stating that something can act upon nothing. I, for one, refuse to subscribe to such a view."
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” “Of all things, I liked books best.”
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
- Nikola Tesla

K.I.S.S.: Instead of surrendering to Einstein's warped space-time silliness like ninety-some percent of modern physicists, consider a possibly crucial missing component, i.e. counterspace.

Rudolf Steiner discovered that, in addition to "ordinary" space, negative space, or "counterspace," also exists, leading to a more holistic worldview. Steiner suggested that it was important to understand counterspace as a necessary supplement to the conventional approach.

The author relates the phenomena of our world to both space and counterspace, which leads to a new scientific understanding. If counterspace actually exists, then the resulting interplay between counterspace and "ordinary" space must be significant. This concept is applied to gravity, liquids, gases, heat, light, chemistry, and life. Each aspect involves a separate investigation, whereas the various threads begin to interweave and become a unified whole. A new concept of time, and indications for a new approach to relativity and quantum physics begin to emerge.
516up6m3pUS._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I like the blurb, but no link provided since I've no interest in supporting Amazon, the book seems way too expensive, the author dead, I haven't read it, and it's reportedly chock full of indecipherable math anyway. But notice how practically the same image everyone uses to sell "warped space" may actually fit the alternative notion of space/counterspace much better.

More Physics Girl now waxing on about Dark Matter:

Perhaps save some of those trillions you're wasting on the LHC and seriously consider the existence of counter-space instead?

I think that the big bang is generally a fiction to justify the "creation of the world." All modern "theoretical science" is working on this. These are the goals of thermodynamics, einsteinianism and quantum mechanics - the preaching of Judeo-Christian speculations on the topic of voidness, atomism and nominalism.

Could well be, but I think it's always been more about deciding: How to meter it? If we already know we'll never be able to charge for it by the month - what good is it?

Forum List

Back