Oh, that inflation.

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
A surge of consumer demand unleashed by government stimulus, improving vaccinations and fewer pandemic restrictions is putting a strain on global supply chains. Manufacturers and other hard-hit industries are struggling to get back up and running after a year of lockdown measures, causing supply shortages and raising costs.

All of those factors combined to push the consumer price index (CPI) up 0.8 percent in April and 4.2 percent over the past 12 months, the fastest annual rate since 2008,

When stripping out the more volatile prices for food and energy, the index registered the biggest monthly increase since 1982.

Inflation fears grow for White House

It's the current political whats-a-mamaijigger political group/ economic policy to pay people MORE money NOT to work than they would if they did, and coincidentally close those businesses for months over fear of spreading a virus that had 99% survival rate. Yeah, then promise to pay those same unemployed folks gazillion dollars a month for NOT working because out of fear of that SAME exagerated pandemic. Thus driving inflation. Which makes you wonder, what side is the soup de jour identarian politics race baiting economy wrecking side is the...whats-a-majjigers on?

A surge of consumer demand unleashed by government stimulus, improving vaccinations and fewer pandemic restrictions is putting a strain on global supply chains. Manufacturers and other hard-hit industries are struggling to get back up and running after a year of lockdown measures, causing supply shortages and raising costs.

All of those factors combined to push the consumer price index (CPI) up 0.8 percent in April and 4.2 percent over the past 12 months, the fastest annual rate since 2008,

When stripping out the more volatile prices for food and energy, the index registered the biggest monthly increase since 1982.

I was at the Home Repo today and passed the lumber section. All the contractors were wide eyed and wandering with 2 by 4s sticking out of their rectums

What is really troubling besides lumber is that corn is up about 50%. Everything we eat has something to do with corn. Even FUCKING GAS and we don't drink it!!!!.But we drink beer and that is up..lol
The poor don't need to eat lumber, but they need to eat corn and transport themselves.

All in all inflation cripples the poor the most. Unless you lived in the 70's, no one on this frikin board knows what long term inflation means or is. Boy are they goanna get an edumacation on this

Last edited:

Oliver Twist is who they want us to become

It's the current political whats-a-mamaijigger political group/ economic policy to pay people MORE money NOT to work than they would if they did, and coincidentally close those businesses for months over fear of spreading a virus that had 99% survival rate. Yeah, then promise to pay those same unemployed folks gazillion dollars a month for NOT working because out of fear of that SAME exagerated pandemic. Thus driving inflation. Which makes you wonder, what side is the soup de jour identarian politics race baiting economy wrecking side is the...whats-a-majjigers on?
mary

Is your post a dialect of English?

mary

You're such a bummer. Is your real name Otto?? If it we're me I wouldn't disclose it.

I won't mind seeing you pay higher prices. There is joy in this too Otter

mary

You're such a bummer. Is your real name Otto?? If it we're me I wouldn't disclose it.

I suppose you're living paycheck to paycheck.

How much are your cigs up?

mary

No Otto. I listened to the Great Reagan and started a p/t business. I don't even know what paycheck to paycheck means even. I enjoy cigars a bit, but not the cigs. You like cigars?

It's something to watch but one or two months in themselves don't mean much. If inflation sticks around let's hope the lesson from 2008 prevented an abundance of adjustable rate mortgages over this past decade.

Biden will go down in history as the "inflation president".

"C'mon man!! Gimme a break!!!"

His heart is in the right place?

mary

No Otto. I listened to the Great Reagan and started a p/t business. I don't even know what paycheck to paycheck means even. I enjoy cigars a bit, but not the cigs. You like cigars?
Not a smoker.

Reagan eh? Turned our country from a creditor one to a debtor one.

mary

Not a smoker.

Yeah that fat drunk Tip screwed Ron over that one.

mary

I was being (in the common vernacular) a little sarcastic. Whats-a-majiiers being the whatsit-ma-hozzles.

mary

Not a smoker.

Yeah that fat drunk Tip screwed Ron over that one.
Ronnie was a rollover? Sounds like a horrible president.

bgb9j3kwckz61.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back