Oh, this can be fun

turbofish

Gold Member
Apr 19, 2021
Ever have something happen that is so weird that you have to question if it is real or not?
Well, that just happened.
Ok, about me. A conservative verging on libertarianism on pretty much every topic especially fiscally, was alerted to this site by a long term [30+ years] arch nemeses about this site. I live in NW AR and have had a long, long history with data analysis including being a college professor on the topic and director in college for several computer departments for around 5 years plus add many decades [30+ years] of experience with data, including my current profession.
Heck, just for fun when the wifey and mother-in-law are watching singing/dancing shows, I will play with data.
For fun.
I question everything unless it has data to verify, and I have the data on nearly everything that interest me.
Weather, Covid, speed traps [I drive fast and always have], I have it and all from the sources. And yes, I have questions about what is presented by the media because it doesn't align with the actual data…
MS-SQL, Python, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, Power BI – is how I relax myself after a full working day of working with the exact same thing. OK, sometimes I will venture out to other weird topics like the origination of language, culture, history and of course, cars. Yes, for these reasons, I am not allowed to hold the remote control when my wife is in the house. Once she walked into me watching a video about the collapse of the Bronze Age and confirmed questions she had about my entertainment choices.
I lost the remote for a month after that.
For me, an ever quest for knowledge is my lifetime goal.
Just how did I find out about this site again? From someone that I have known for over 30 years ago, posted this site in a newsgroup that has all but dried up to 2-3 users.
At first, I thought this might be an endless flame war but then again, I do see some intelligence here. Want to talk about feelings? I'm not the guy who can help. Want to look at the facts? I'm that guy.
But yes, I do work with one charity more often than even my Christian faith - fighting child abuse.
Bring it on.

Ever have something happen that is so weird that you have to question if it is real or not?
Ok, about me. A conservative verging on libertarianism on pretty much every topic especially fiscally, was alerted to this site by a long term [30+ years] arch nemeses about this site. I live in NW AR and have had a long, long history with data analysis including being a college professor on the topic and director in college for several computer departments for around 5 years plus add many decades [30+ years] of experience with data, including my current profession.
Heck, just for fun when the wifey and mother-in-law are watching singing/dancing shows, I will play with data.
For fun.
I question everything unless it has data to verify, and I have the data on nearly everything that interest me.
Weather, Covid, speed traps [I drive fast and always have], I have it and all from the sources. And yes, I have questions about what is presented by the media because it doesn't align with the actual data…
MS-SQL, Python, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, Power BI – is how I relax myself after a full working day of working with the exact same thing. OK, sometimes I will venture out to other weird topics like the origination of language, culture, history and of course, cars. Yes, for these reasons, I am not allowed to hold the remote control when my wife is in the house. Once she walked into me watching a video about the collapse of the Bronze Age and confirmed questions she had about my entertainment choices.
Just how did I find out about this site again? From someone that I have known for over 30 years ago, posted this site in a newsgroup that has all but dried up to 2-3 users.
At first, I thought this might be an endless flame war but then again, I do see some intelligence here. Want to talk about feelings? I'm not the guy who can help. Want to look at the facts? I'm that guy.
But yes, I do work with one charity more often than even my Christian faith - fighting child abuse.
Bring it on.
My God....... While my wife and mil are watching American Idol, I play with my data in a corner of the basement. I lost the remote for a month? Does she put battery clamps on your nipples for fun?

WTF kind of conserv are you? If I were your wife I'd be divorcing you, but I think she likes the leash too much around your nutsak.

Welcome aboard.

My God....... While my wife and mil are watching American Idol, I play with my data in a corner of the basement. I lost the remote for a month? Does she put battery clamps on your nipples for fun?

WTF kind of conserv are you? If I were your wife I'd be divorcing you, but I think she likes the leash too much around your nutsak.

Welcome aboard.
She, and my mother in law [whom we will drive back to Texas at the end of the week] are watching American Idol as I type this. Wife and mil? My mother-in-law is in her late 80's. Try again. You are so, so far off base.
Typically, I will just watch what I want on my stack of laptops that are downstairs or go to the man cave upstairs with huge monitors and an even bigger system when I'm working.
My wife is also a conservative. I wouldn't have married her if she wasn't. Besides, I am her everlasting computer help for her huge charity and yeah, she likes my nutsak. And all that is around it.

a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle...

Welcome, I think you'll enjoy yourself here! We need more people who actually know what data is. Liberals think data is a 'study' they found that says what they want to believe.

For fun.

Bring it on.

Snipped for brevity. Do you have a sense of humor? We're going to need that.

For fun.
Bring it on.
Your avi is missing an arm.

Yes.
At the time, I was fixing some complicated data errors in a really large database that took thousands of lines of code to write. This is the character from Star Trek Data who has a broken arm. I am fixing Data.
That's like, kind of deep and stuff. Welcome aboard, wear your life preserver. I can tread water with one arm and make it look easy.

Welcome aboard.
She, and my mother in law [whom we will drive back to Texas at the end of the week] are watching American Idol as I type this. Wife and mil? My mother-in-law is in her late 80's. Try again. You are so, so far off base.
Typically, I will just watch what I want on my stack of laptops that are downstairs or go to the man cave upstairs with huge monitors and an even bigger system when I'm working.
My wife is also a conservative. I wouldn't have married her if she wasn't. Besides, I am her everlasting computer help for her huge charity and yeah, she likes my nutsak. And all that is around it.
OMG...

For fun.
Bring it on.

Hello!

Do you even format, bro?

For fun.

Bring it on.

Snipped for brevity. Do you have a sense of humor? We're going to need that.

Oh he definitely has a sense of humor. I welcome him to the board. He will have loads of fun here. LOL

Forum List

Back