Oh, this can be fun

Ever have something happen that is so weird that you have to question if it is real or not?
Well, that just happened.
Ok, about me. A conservative verging on libertarianism on pretty much every topic especially fiscally, was alerted to this site by a long term [30+ years] arch nemeses about this site. I live in NW AR and have had a long, long history with data analysis including being a college professor on the topic and director in college for several computer departments for around 5 years plus add many decades [30+ years] of experience with data, including my current profession.
Heck, just for fun when the wifey and mother-in-law are watching singing/dancing shows, I will play with data.
For fun.
I question everything unless it has data to verify, and I have the data on nearly everything that interest me.
Weather, Covid, speed traps [I drive fast and always have], I have it and all from the sources. And yes, I have questions about what is presented by the media because it doesn't align with the actual data…
MS-SQL, Python, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, Power BI – is how I relax myself after a full working day of working with the exact same thing. OK, sometimes I will venture out to other weird topics like the origination of language, culture, history and of course, cars. Yes, for these reasons, I am not allowed to hold the remote control when my wife is in the house. Once she walked into me watching a video about the collapse of the Bronze Age and confirmed questions she had about my entertainment choices.
I lost the remote for a month after that.
For me, an ever quest for knowledge is my lifetime goal.
Just how did I find out about this site again? From someone that I have known for over 30 years ago, posted this site in a newsgroup that has all but dried up to 2-3 users.
At first, I thought this might be an endless flame war but then again, I do see some intelligence here. Want to talk about feelings? I'm not the guy who can help. Want to look at the facts? I'm that guy.
But yes, I do work with one charity more often than even my Christian faith - fighting child abuse.
Bring it on.
Welcome to USMB, turbofish. Hope you enjoy the boards. It sounds like you are a rather busy person with a lot to share, so best wishes in all your projects. When the going on the political tug-of-war gets a little tiresome do drop by the USMB lounge and coffee shop hosted by Foxfyre and the discussions and sharing are a break from the frequently raging fires on the political front. I know when one engages as a stranger here you'll surely find friends and the coffee shop is a break from the political storms because our one rule is NO POLITICS. And everyone is welcome there who likes people now and then. :)

Ever have something happen that is so weird that you have to question if it is real or not?
Ok, about me. A conservative verging on libertarianism on pretty much every topic especially fiscally, was alerted to this site by a long term [30+ years] arch nemeses about this site. I live in NW AR and have had a long, long history with data analysis including being a college professor on the topic and director in college for several computer departments for around 5 years plus add many decades [30+ years] of experience with data, including my current profession.
Heck, just for fun when the wifey and mother-in-law are watching singing/dancing shows, I will play with data.
For fun.
I question everything unless it has data to verify, and I have the data on nearly everything that interest me.
Weather, Covid, speed traps [I drive fast and always have], I have it and all from the sources. And yes, I have questions about what is presented by the media because it doesn't align with the actual data…
MS-SQL, Python, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, Power BI – is how I relax myself after a full working day of working with the exact same thing. OK, sometimes I will venture out to other weird topics like the origination of language, culture, history and of course, cars. Yes, for these reasons, I am not allowed to hold the remote control when my wife is in the house. Once she walked into me watching a video about the collapse of the Bronze Age and confirmed questions she had about my entertainment choices.
Just how did I find out about this site again? From someone that I have known for over 30 years ago, posted this site in a newsgroup that has all but dried up to 2-3 users.
At first, I thought this might be an endless flame war but then again, I do see some intelligence here. Want to talk about feelings? I'm not the guy who can help. Want to look at the facts? I'm that guy.
But yes, I do work with one charity more often than even my Christian faith - fighting child abuse.
Bring it on.
Welcome to USMB, turbofish. Hope you enjoy the boards. It sounds like you are a rather busy person with a lot to share, so best wishes in all your projects. When the going on the political tug-of-war gets a little tiresome do drop by the USMB lounge and coffee shop hosted by Foxfyre and the discussions and sharing are a break from the frequently raging fires on the political front. I know when one engages as a stranger here you'll surely find friends and the coffee shop is a break from the political storms because our one rule is NO POLITICS. And everyone is welcome there who likes people now and then. :)
I've never been to The Lounge before. We have one???? When does Happy Hour start?

For fun.
Bring it on.
I've never been to The Lounge before. We have one???? When does Happy Hour start?

It’s ongoing.

For fun.
Bring it on.
Here is a sure way to find it. Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of the USMB icon line in which your avatar shows up in miniature. It will place you in the USMB search engine. Write in Foxfyre on the Member line and the go button. Click any of her posts which are now posted in the Lounge. You will be welcomed when Foxfyre does her daily rounds. Just talk about stuff you like sans politics which are verboten in the Lounge. Should you make that mistake of mentioning politics you will be pounced by both lefties and righties who are all welcomed one in the same by a lovely hostess. Good luck. It's a principled bunch of humorous pals. :thup:

For fun.
Bring it on.
Here is a sure way to find it. Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of the USMB icon line in which your avatar shows up in miniature. It will place you in the USMB search engine. Write in Foxfyre on the Member line and the go button. Click any of her posts which are now posted in the Lounge. You will be welcomed when Foxfyre does her daily rounds. Just talk about stuff you like sans politics which are verboten in the Lounge. Should you make that mistake of mentioning politics you will be pounced by both lefties and righties who are all welcomed one in the same by a lovely hostess. Good luck. It's a principled bunch of humorous pals. :thup:
I try and look at everything in life through humorous wit, would I fit in there?

For fun.
Bring it on.
PRINT CHR$(104)+CHR$(105)

For fun.
Bring it on.
So what does the data say about the 2020 election?

For fun.
Bring it on.
Hi and thanks for joining and posting.
To be sure, is the weird thing that happened is finding out about this site through a least likely source who is your opposite. In other words, someone you least expected to contribute anything helpful ends up being the bridge to people who actually align with you so the connection is ironic.

Yes, this happens to me and seems to validate the idea that life or the universe rewards diversity and forgiveness. If we stretch to include others we would rather reject and exclude, I find the harder we work to save those relationships, by finding something redeeming, the greater the rewards benefits and payoffs. The more you have to work at it, to get the diamond out of the coal, the more valuable it is. You can disagree on 98% that gets you nowhere, while the 2% you actually align and agree on is so effective you can solve problems with that instead of arguing over the rest of the mess.

As for what you mention about combatting child abuse while being gifted with data, what do you think of this idea:

I support medical R& D studies on deep spiritual healing therapy that has been used to cure both physical and mental disorders, including abuse, addiction and even criminal sickness from severe schizophrenic voices to homicidal or sexual predatory type obsession.

The studies on forgiveness show this correlates with better health and healing. The methods used to break people free of dangerous addictive abusive patterns, even mindsets they are born with in addition to conditions caused by manmade abuses, involve forgiveness of generational sickness or conditions frol the past that are passed down to future generations and relationships until this cycle is broken. The forgiveness prayers range from personal empowerment you can change yourself, to the deeper group or team therapy and the spiritual methods of deliverance, exorcism prayers, and breaking generational oppressive patterns such as healing from genocidal rape, slavery and tribal wars.

My Question for you:
Would you be interested in possibly using your experience with data to design sociological studies to track data and measure the correlation between forgiveness and ability to heal, recover and reconcile after cases of criminal or political abuse VS the correlation between refusal to forgive and reconcile with failures to change behavior or heal relations.

I don't think we can prove the therapy causes the changes until we develop better technology that can capture the changes by brain scans or energy waves. That is coming in the near future.

But I believe in the meantime we could demonstrate correlation between the degree of forgiveness and impact ln healing mind, body and relationships
Vs
Correlation between rejecting or refusing to forgive people or groups
With reports or rates of failure to agree on solutions and to collaborate with opposing groups to work together.

I'd like to show it is NOT based on religious or political affiliation, on race or class, but the factor of forgiveness and unforgiveness correlates with greater success or failure in physical, mental and social health.

The impact on ending child abuse is proving why the healing therapy works or fails. Not because people are incureable, but based on the degree we agree to ask help to forgive and pray for healing to overcome negative conditions from the past to prevent these from repeating in future generations.

Any thoughts or ideas on that?

Thank you and welcome again!

Yours truly, Emily
Houston TX

Www.christianhealingmin.org is based in CA
Www.ariseandshine.org is the testimony of David Berkowitz, formerly Son of Sam, in NY

Www.healingisyours.com Dr Phillip Goldfedder is a neurosurgeon who went into spiritual healing therapy after he saw proof it worked better than surgery or medication to change the real root cause of unhealthy patterns and sickness otherwise blocking natural self healing

If you have interest in documenting cases of healing, and comparing the stats, Id like to show the common factor in successful healing and recovery is forgiveness. And ESPECIALLY focus om research to diagnose treat and cure ABUSE issues to prevent more victims from getting hurt or killed by sick people!

Forum List

Back