Old News I know....Barbar Boxer To Retire....Your Thoughts

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Barbara Boxer apparently announced her retirement some time ago. I must have been out of town because I know a lot of people who probably partied all night.

Me, I've never liked her.

But, she ran and was elected...in other words, she showed up.

I have all the respect in the world for people who will serve.....especially in today's toxic environment. Had she gotten around some of my associated, their visceral reactions might have landed them in jail. They hate her that much.

But, again, she showed up.

I am not a fan of our current sitting president. But the same things applies. He is willing to fight for what he feels is right....regardless.

Boxer served for 24 years (4 terms).

I can't say I'll miss her.

But I can say I respect her.

Barbara Boxer apparently announced her retirement some time ago. I must have been out of town because I know a lot of people who probably partied all night.

I have all the respect in the world for people who will serve.....especially in today's toxic environment. Had she gotten around some of my associated, their visceral reactions might have landed them in jail. They hate her that much.

I am not a fan of our current sitting president. But the same things applies. He is willing to fight for what he feels is right....regardless.

She is none issue and has been for a while that is why she is retiring..

Nancy Pelosi should retire, just like Harry Reid..

non-issue? She is known as "Bouncing Boxer" for running up biggest tab back in the congress "bank" overdraft days? Her answer to reporters......"thats' old news, lets move on" or something.

Hated her when I did not even know what a DemonCrap was. She has been there for what about $17T? Never cut a penny. Crony to da bone. there are no good DemonCraps, they are commies. There are few decent R, still need to get to get rid of all RINO.

My thoughts are that Senator Kamala Harris will be the hottest Senator on Capitol Hill...

Kamala_Harris_Official_Attorney_General_Photo.jpg

• Banned
While not totally clear, this thread was about people who run and serve.

Like I indicated, I was not a fan of Boxer's. In fact, I used to call her Barbara B.S.

I am not sad to see her go.

But she "showed up". She puts up with the abuse and she served her country for 24 years.

That's what I am saying.

BHO served for eight years. Regardless of how you feel about him, he "showed up".

That was my point.

Maybe we need to take the time to say thank you to people like our city councilpersons who often serve with no compensation.

My thoughts are that Senator Kamala Harris will be the hottest Senator on Capitol Hill...

Kamala_Harris_Official_Attorney_General_Photo.jpg

She's hot ????

She dated Willie Brown.....hot or not.....that's not very smart.

But she is currently (as I understand it) CA's AG. She serves. She "shows up". I respect that.

served? she enriched herself at taxpayer expense.

Yes, she served. I doubt I agree with her on anything.

But she served.

Most of these people do come off better financially. Republicans do the same. That's part of the game.

I have a friend who is envious of another common friend who is a radiologist. He "wishes he had his job so he could have his money". My first friend would not last one day looking at imaging. Just sit there and look at films. He'd never make it.

I can't imagine sitting conferences and on committees and attending fund raisers and putting up with all that.

Yes, I don't like her. But she serves.

Upon reading your OP I rose from bed, went to the crapper and performed a symbolic flush.

Upon reading your OP I rose from bed, went to the crapper and performed a symbolic flush.

I hope you feel better......:9:

Not being forced from office by voters, sickness, nor scandal must be satisfying to any politician, and especially to one that has served for an extended length of time. .

Forum List

Back