On Venezuelan "tar" oil.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Not only is Venezuelan oil thick and gooey, but it also arrives polluted, giving refineries fits. Renewed pumping is also causing massive environmental problems in Venezuela. Thanks Joe.

Venezuelan oil is not tar oil. The tar sands are in Canada.
Venezuelan oil is heavy and sour. It requires special cokers and crackers to refine it, but thats not an issue. There are multiple refineries with that capacity now.

Now tar sands suck balls. Its closer to mining than drilling.

Not only is Venezuelan oil thick and gooey, but it also arrives polluted, giving refineries fits. Renewed pumping is also causing massive environmental problems in Venezuela. Thanks Joe.

I know I will hate myself for asking, but since the sanctions have been back in place since April, how is this the fault of the US President?

I know I will hate myself for asking, but since the sanctions have been back in place since April, how is this the fault of the US President?
Also has anyone consulted the Tarheels?
1727286002259.jpeg

Venezuelan oil is not tar oil. The tar sands are in Canada.
Venezuelan oil is heavy and sour. It requires special cokers and crackers to refine it, but thats not an issue. There are multiple refineries with that capacity now.

Now tar sands suck balls. Its closer to mining than drilling.

Most of Venezuela's oil reserves are "tar sands".
It is as thick as tar until thinned with naphtha so it will flow through pipelines. The process is very polluting.

Last edited:
Last edited:
In 1980 the infrastructure was much newer. True to form these countries allow things to fall into disrepair. That's why Mexican trucks were not allowed to operate here for years, they couldn't meet our safety standards.

I am still confused how this is the fault of an American president

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Tar sands oil is mined in open pits and is very environment unfriendly.

It's the second to last bad choice before fracking, which is the most damaging to the environment.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Tar sands oil is mined in open pits and is very environment unfriendly.

It's the second to last bad choice before fracking, which is the most damaging to the environment.
Yes, its not good. It also costs a penny. Mostly Canadialand, but I thought they quit mining it due to Brent prices.

Forum List

Back