One month since CDC started following science

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
Have they been right about anything? I should be CDC director.

And of course states that ended thier snot rag mandate earlier or never had a mandate did as well or better than snot rag states.

We're in the age where politics trumps science. That's how we got all the bogus COVID decisions. When you have political assholes like Fauci making life and death decisions in the place of scientists, how the hell do you think things are going to turn out?

Last edited:

And it's possible that the weather getting warmer has led to less cases.

And that just about everyone has been exposed to it by now.

I'd doubt that. There'll still be loads of people who haven't.

Unlikely. Its either highly contagious or it isnt and masks did nothing. Many people had it and never knew it because it was so mild it was symptomless.

We're in the age where politics trumps science. That's how we got all the bogus CCVID decisions. When you have political assholes like Fauci making life and death decisions in the place of scientists, how the hell do you think things are going to turn out?
Yea, was Fauci right about anything? Its very possible he is partly responsible for the virus.

Unlikely. Its either highly contagious or it isnt and masks did nothing. Many people had it and never knew it because it was so mild it was symptomless.

The majority were asymptematic, true

The majority were asymptematic, true

Yes, and never tested because they didnt know they "had' it

Yes, many people have had it and didn't know about it, but that doesn't mean everyone's had it. What percentage of people have it and don't know about? What percentage of people would you expect to have serious symptoms?

People are still getting vaccines, which will help.

A vaccine tracker.

The North East has the most vaccinated people.

COVID-19 pandemic in Vermont - Wikipedia

Vermont has one of the highest vaccination rates, and up to 9 people a day getting it.

Mississippi at 28.5% of people seems to be the lowest. It's having about 85 new cases in one day.

Which is a slightly higher for Mississippi per capita, with Vermont having higher density for the state.

This also doesn't take into account how seriously each state is taking it. How much chance there is of people actually going to hospital to get treated.

Vermont is seeing ZERO deaths.

Mississippi is seeing about 7 deaths a day.

Why?

Probably because Vermont has the vaccinations more than double the rate of Mississippi and took it seriously and has aimed at reducing deaths.

Vermont has had 10 deaths since 27th April. Mississippi has had 130 in that time. About three times the rate.

Yes, many people have had it and didn't know about it, but that doesn't mean everyone's had it. What percentage of people have it and don't know about? What percentage of people would you expect to have serious symptoms?

A vaccine tracker.

Vermont has one of the highest vaccination rates, and up to 9 people a day getting it.

Mississippi at 28.5% of people seems to be the lowest. It's having about 85 new cases in one day.

Which is a slightly higher for Mississippi per capita, with Vermont having higher density for the state.

This also doesn't take into account how seriously each state is taking it. How much chance there is of people actually going to hospital to get treated.

Why?

Probably because Vermont has the vaccinations more than double the rate of Mississippi and took it seriously and has aimed at reducing deaths.

Vermont has had 10 deaths since 27th April. Mississippi has had 130 in that time. About three times the rate.

There many possible explanations. Vermont is a very white state, MS much poorer.

A vaccine tracker.

Why?

There many possible explanations. Vermont is a very white state, MS much poorer.

Yes, poverty is going to make the coronavirus worse.

Firstly because poor people are less likely to do as they've been advised. Tell poor people to wear a mask, they're less likely to. They're less likely to socially distance.

A vaccine tracker.

Why?

Firstly because poor people are less likely to do as they've been advised. Tell poor people to wear a mask, they're less likely to. They're less likely to socially distance.

There i can not agree. I cant speak for MS but i know in VA even though our face diaper mandate is over whites are far more likely to be unmasked than blacks. In fact i would estimate 80% of blacks are wearing them, 20% of whites.

A vaccine tracker.

Why?

Did you also know the vermont Gov opened schools for in-person learning far sooner than many and some regressive states still dont. No problems

A vaccine tracker.

Why?

There i can not agree. I cant speak for MS but i know in VA even though our face diaper mandate is over whites are far more likely to be unmasked than blacks. In fact i would estimate 80% of blacks are wearing them, 20% of whites.

Well, I wasn't talking about race, but poverty. And yes, black people are more likely to be in poverty in Vermont as well as the US, but Vermont is probably better than most states.

Essex county seems to be the worst area for poverty. 1/6th of the population there appears to be veterans, and a low black population of 0.6%. (half the state average)

Obvious it's not an easy task to find the exact causes of such things. Poverty plays a part, being "anti-establishment" also plays a big part, which can be down to education and the like, but not always. Perhaps black people know they're more likely to die from Covid and put more effort in, whereas white poor people are like "it won't impact me" kind of attitude.

A vaccine tracker.

Why?

Did you also know the vermont Gov opened schools for in-person learning far sooner than many and some regressive states still dont. No problems

Perhaps there was a reason for this. China opened schools within a few months. Does this make China progressive?

A vaccine tracker.

Why?

Vermonters are much more statists then Mississippi people. Less freedoms in Vermont.

A vaccine tracker.

Why?

Vermonters are much more statists then Mississippi people. Less freedoms in Vermont.

Perhaps less freedoms for the white in Vermont than the whites in Mississippi, for the blacks....well....

Forum List

Back