One more week!

Well ... whatever you ride, please do so in full ice hockey gear so the do-gooders won't find some reason to outlaw your joy.

Snow, salted roads, and the fact that I cannot ride until I get my Cadillac on the road. (To get the Helix out requires moving the Caddy.)

Several years ago I read in an online magazine called 'Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly) (or something like that) that the editor - I think his name was Victor Wachena - was going to ride through the winter - IN MINNESOTA! He got himself a Ural with a sidecar. The bike has tires that are semi-snowtreads anyway.

He was able to do it, even in snow, and the only insurmountable obstacle he found was that when the snow was more than 8" or so, it would push up under the sidecar and make the bike unmanageable.

Now THERE'S a manly-man for ya!

OK -bikes are cool. I've only been on one (Harley) twice ... about 20 or so years apart ... but with the same man. :D

I was out for a couple hours on the Goldwing with my wife yesterday. It is almost shameful in its decadence. Stereo, intercom, cruise control, wind protection. But the best is the foot heaters that funnel warm air from the engine compartment onto my boots. I don't think I would ever buy a bike without a fairing again.

20 speed?

Color me skeptical.

I have a 24-speed and a 21 speed, but a 20-speed? How does that happen?

Forum List

Back