Orgulloso

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Despite all of the many challenges, setbacks and ambiguity of a historical pandemic, and despite many of the students living under very challenging if not traumatic conditions, the class of 2021 managed to graduate and I for one am very very proud of them. It is inspiring to see young people who believe in themselves and try so hard and achieve their goals. We should all take a lesson from this.

No one knows what you're talking about
It’s that time of year when high school seniors usually have their graduation ceremonies. This is the education forum, you know.

Despite all of the many challenges, setbacks and ambiguity of a historical pandemic, and despite many of the students living under very challenging if not traumatic conditions, the class of 2021 managed to graduate and I for one am very very proud of them. It is inspiring to see young people who believe in themselves and try so hard and achieve their goals. We should all take a lesson from this.

Don't pat yourself on the back pal

The results are deeply concerning.

These preliminary COVID Slide estimates suggest students could begin fall 2020 with roughly 70% of the learning gains in reading from the prior year relative to a typical school year. In mathematics, students may show even smaller learning gains from the previous year, returning with less than 50% of the gains. In lower grades, students may be nearly a full year behind in math compared to what we would observe in normal conditions.

While the scale of the COVID-19 school closures is novel, the inequalities in our school systems are unfortunately anything but new. Our models cannot account for the reality that the crisis is having an unequal impact on our most underserved communities.

Uno just keep doing what you are doing and teaching our youth. Some simply will complain yet won't go into teaching and help fix the problems. Keep up the work you are doing and a huge thank you.

Uno just keep doing what you are doing and teaching our youth. Some simply will complain yet won't go into teaching and help fix the problems. Keep up the work you are doing and a huge thank you.
Much appreciated!

Sappy sticky sweet sentimentalism makes me want to puke.

Go puke somewhere else.

Hmm... not downing anything, just don't understand why graduating during the pandemic was more challenging??
As I saw it.... they did less. Was only in school for a half a year. And for many they were allowed to graduate without true completion of courses.
So how would this be harder than normal?

Hmm... not downing anything, just don't understand why graduating during the pandemic was more challenging??
As I saw it.... they did less. Was only in school for a half a year. And for many they were allowed to graduate without true completion of courses.
So how would this be harder than normal?
Wasn't almost everything more difficult during a historic pandemic? Stressors outside learning time can have a huge impact on the ability to learn and retain. On top of that, many of the students in the district where I teach had challenges to learning and coping with life that most posting here could not imagine. A great many of my students had little to NO experience with any of the technology eventually employed to try and adapt to remote learning. There's more, but you get the idea.

Go puke somewhere else.
Stop being cloyingly sweet and sappy

It’s that time of year when high school seniors usually have their graduation ceremonies. This is the education forum, you know.
Graduating high school is no great accomplishment.

Why did it escape you?
I don't get it. I easily graduated high school. College was tough for me though. Now that was an accomplishment.

Why did it escape you?
I don't get it. I easily graduated high school. ...
No, you don’t get it. You really don’t.

Why did it escape you?

WTF does Orgulloso mean?

Proud. I’m proud of these young people for what they have accomplished.

Why did it escape you?

WTF does Orgulloso mean?

Proud. I’m proud of these young people for what they have accomplished.

Meh

Forum List

Back