Our Country Music Chat

Anyone have favorite place to have dinner, hear live country music with a dance floor? All the ones where I grew up are long gone. The Wagon Wheel was one here that was popular. It hosted all the big country artist in the 50s 60s and 70s. Andy Griffith used to do standup comedy and introduce the acts. As a child I would be outside in the dark parking lot and listen to Marty Robbins ,Freddy Fender ,Mel Tillis, and others.

I have no idea what has become of Country music today. I mean, I literally have no idea.

Loved Country music back in the late 80's-early 90's. Tracy Lawrence, Alan J, Clint Black, Travis Tritt, Ricky Van Shelton, Vince Gill, etc etc etc. So many good ones, and the more depressing, the better.

I'm like an Adam Sandler character. Stuck in music past and don't know any of the latest decades, lol.

^^^ To me, the most overlooked of the bands is Sawyer Brown.

God bless you and every member always!!!

Holly

P.S. For real though, after scoring the Best New Artist CMA award in 1985, the only other time that they scored anything else of that magnitude was their ACM Vocal Group of the Year award win in 1997 and sadly not all of the band members were there and neither was the lead singer's voice that day.

Glad to see Charley Pride get recognized for his career in country music. He was always one of my favorites as far back as my child hood. The CMA awards were fun to watch.

^^^ To me, every tribute during last night's CMA award show should’ve been done the way that the Charlie Daniels tribute was done and that is with a medley of the biggest hits. The tributes to Mac Davis and Kenny Rogers were too sad. The Joe Diffie tribute couldn’t have been any more fun. I just wish that more of his songs had been acknowledged because in my opinion, “Pickup Man” isn’t even close to being his best song.

Zac Brown Band, in my opinion, should've been the act to sing "The Devil Went Down To Georgia". They couldn't have done a more awesome job on the song during the 2009 CMA award show.

Congrats to Eric Church on his first ever Entertainer of the Year award win! What he didn't hesitate to put out there up there on that stage couldn't have been better stated.

God bless you and him and the ZBB and the families of those that we lost this year always!!!

Holly

^^^ To me, that song along with "Don't Get Hooked On Me" and "Hard To Be Humble" should've been done as a medley. Darius could've had fun on that "Hard To Be Humble" song. :D :D :D

I wonder if Johnny Lee is not able to sing anymore. To me, he should've been up there with Old Dominion since Charley Pride was up there with a newer act in country music.

God bless you and those who are still here of our music past and present always!!!

Holly

One of my favorite Tammy Wynette songs. It would bring tears to the eyes on a nice girl I use to see.

(George Richey/Billy Sherrill/Tammy Wynette)
I'll need time,
To get you off my mind.
And I may sometimes bother you;
Try to be in touch with you.
Even ask too much of you from time to time.
Now and then,
Lord you know I'll need a friend.
'Til I get used to losing you,
Let me keep on using you.
'Til I can make it on my own.
I'll get by,
But no matter how I try,
There'll be times you know I'll call.
Chances are my tears will fall,
And I'll have no pride at all, from time to time.
But they say,
Oh, there'll be a brighter day.
But 'til then I'll lean on you,
That's all I mean to do.
Surely someday I'll look up and see the morning sun,
Without another lonely night behind me.
Then I'll know I'm over you and all my crying's done.
No more hurtin' memories can find me.
But 'til then,
Lord, you know I'm gonna need a friend.
'Til I get used to losing you,
Let me keep on using you.

Songwriters: Billy Sherrill, Tammy Wynette, George Richey
For non-commercial use only.
Data From: Musixmatch

Tammy Wynett songs.

The newest person to go forward is country legend Hal Ketchum.......I was only nine years old when his first song went to radio in 1991. I've loved him ever since "Small Town Saturday Night". I have too many favorites from him to name.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. 2020 can kiss my Holly hump!!!

Just heard Charley Pride passed away today. He was one of my favorites even as a child. His songs you can sing along with.

Go here for the latest concerning Morgan Wallen...I hope that he enjoys all of this attention that he is getting, because there is always the chance that eventually people are going to be sick of hearing about him.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
Go here for the latest concerning Morgan Wallen...I hope that he enjoys all of this attention that he is getting, because there is always the chance that eventually people are going to be sick of hearing about him.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
I saw this at the TMZ website NASCAR's Hailie Deegan -- a 19-year-old female driver who's a rising superstar in the sport -- was forced to apologize Sunday night after she used the r-word during a virtual race earlier in the day. - I had seen a reference to it in SpeedsportNews-

people are retarded- I'll say it and I don't care who hears it-

I'm not a Morgan Wallen fan- never heard of him except articles about him on SavingCountryMusic, but people are retarded in his case as well- the woke?idiots have to have something to gripe about- they can't stand that someone has the right to say what they want and demand *better* - maybe looking in a mirror is a good place to start-

I'm sick of the sanctimonious and self righteous, retards-

Forum List

Back