Parler.com DNS lookup failure - glitch or new attempt of Deep State to deplatform? Whats up, gurus?

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
For the past couple of days, I have been unable to resolve the parler.com website due to a DNS lookup failure. I figured it was just temporarily down.

But then when I checked the status at various internet sites that test to see if a site is up, they all said parler is up with quick response times.

So I tired a few things like clearing cache, flushing DNS, using the OpenDNS server. None worked.

I am able to get to the parler website using its IP address, 216.246.208.249, but I can't log in.

Then, I finally noticed that I am not alone. DNS lookup fails for parler in many places around the world, including the East Coast of the US, where I am...

Any gurus care to chime in with what might be going on, and any potential workarounds?

Thanks,
Jim

For the past couple of days, I have been unable to resolve the parler.com website due to a DNS lookup failure. I figured it was just temporarily down.

But then when I checked the status at various internet sites that test to see if a site is up, they all said parler is up with quick response times.

So I tired a few things like clearing cache, flushing DNS, using the OpenDNS server. None worked.

I am able to get to the parler website using its IP address, 216.246.208.249, but I can't log in.

Then, I finally noticed that I am not alone. DNS lookup fails for parler in many places around the world, including the East Coast of the US, where I am...

Any gurus care to chime in with what might be going on, and any potential workarounds?

Thanks,
Jim

Dump the URL and get a new one, I did that once and all of my problems vanished, have no idea why it worked.

Thanks,
Jim

Dump the URL and get a new one, I did that once and all of my problems vanished, have no idea why it worked.
Not sure what that means. If you mean clear cookies, I did that, of course. The failure is in DNS lookup...

1618760276397.png

1618760323539.png

Can you access www.parler.com, and if so, what is your general geographic location, if you can share that?

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks,
Jim

If you have to resolve it by IP address and not the name, then the name has been flushed from a majority of DNS servers.

Try this: Parler Free Speech Social Network

Did you check the cookies?

I am in Washington state
Yes, I cleared cookies

Very interesting. I can actually go to that link, but the page does not look like it should, probably because it is trying to fetch other stuff with failed DNS lookup.

I can even get to
but it is a broken page as well...

1618761723746.png

That's an IPv4 address. Is parler.com available on IPv6? Are there any AAAA records of class IN for parler.com?

google.com. 2832 IN A 142.250.217.110 google.com. 2342 IN AAAA 2607:f8b0:400a:80b::200e
I have IPv6 enabled, and my ISP supports it. I guess I will try using OpenDNS for IPv6 as well, but I don't think that is going to fix things. [update: didn't work]

The problem is recent.

I can't answer your questions about parler.com compatibility.

Thanks,
Jim

That's an IPv4 address. Is parler.com available on IPv6? Are there any AAAA records of class IN for parler.com?

google.com. 2832 IN A 142.250.217.110 google.com. 2342 IN AAAA 2607:f8b0:400a:80b::200e
Not sure if this is relevant, but
ping fails to resolve www.parler.com
ping resolves parler.com, but no reply
nslookup gives the same IPv6 address for both parler.com and www.parler.com

Seems strange to me, but I am no guru.

1618766341753.png

Forum List

Back