Parler.com DNS lookup failure - glitch or new attempt of Deep State to deplatform? Whats up, gurus?

I am able to get to the parler website using its IP address, 216.246.208.249, but I can't log in.
That's an IPv4 address. Is parler.com available on IPv6? Are there any AAAA records of class IN for parler.com?

google.com. 2832 IN A 142.250.217.110 google.com. 2342 IN AAAA 2607:f8b0:400a:80b::200e
Not sure if this is relevant, but
ping fails to resolve www.parler.com
ping resolves parler.com, but no reply
nslookup gives the same IPv6 address for both parler.com and www.parler.com

Seems strange to me, but I am no guru.

View attachment 481335

Try it in Firefox to see if that works.

You probably don't have IPv6 connectivity with your home internet even if you are able to look up IPv6 addresses.
True.

Says my ISP supports it, but " You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites. "

The screenshots I posted were FireFox. Does not work in other browsers either. Trying various browsers was one of the first things I tried.

It's very strange that parler is the only website I have difficulty with.

Oh well, I'll just have to deal with the excruciating withdrawal symptoms. :)

You probably don't have IPv6 connectivity with your home internet even if you are able to look up IPv6 addresses.
True.

Says my ISP supports it, but " You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites. "

The screenshots I posted were FireFox. Does not work in other browsers either. Trying various browsers was one of the first things I tried.

Your firewall or security settings too high in your computer?

True.

That's a good question.

Nothing has changed on my end, not even a windows update since I successfully accessed parler.com last week. I suppose my Symantec Protection might update daily though. Symantec lets traffic through to parler without any elevated "severity."

I did try turning off enhanced security in Firefox. It didn't work. After turning it off, it said there were zero things (like trackers) to block on the parler page anyway.

Temporarily disabling firewall and also not filtering any IP traffic simultaneously did not work either.

True.

That's a good question.

Nothing has changed on my end, not even a windows update since I successfully accessed parler.com last week. I suppose my Symantec Protection might update daily though. Symantec lets traffic through to parler without any elevated "severity."

I did try turning off enhanced security in Firefox. It didn't work. After turning it off, it said there were zero things (like trackers) to block on the parler page anyway.

Temporarily disabling firewall and also not filtering any IP traffic simultaneously did not work either.

Suggest you wait for FlaCalTenn to help you.

I think you have been either BLOCKED or the problem is in your computer.

True.

That's a good question.

> Suggest you wait for FlaCalTenn to help you.

Thanks.

> I think you have been either BLOCKED or the problem is in your computer.

Really unlikely I have been blocked by parler. I don't post stuff on the edge of the rules.

It's interesting that the link in my OP still shows DNS lookup failures for parler.com all over the world.

I was thinking that perhaps my ISP blocked it, but they are not known to do that. Plus, I can get to
https://parler.com/feed (website loads, but is broken)
but not

I don't have trouble with any other websites. Very weird.

Thanks for y'all's help.

True.

That's a good question.

> Suggest you wait for FlaCalTenn to help you.

Thanks.

> I think you have been either BLOCKED or the problem is in your computer.

Really unlikely I have been blocked by parler. I don't post stuff on the edge of the rules.

It's interesting that the link in my OP still shows DNS lookup failures for parler.com all over the world.

I was thinking that perhaps my ISP blocked it, but they are not known to do that. Plus, I can get to
Parler Free Speech Social Network (website loads, but is broken)
but not

I don't have trouble with any other websites. Very weird.

Thanks for y'all's help.
Update:

Today I took my personal laptop to work, to use the public Wifi, and I could access Parler no problem.

Then when I got home from work, I did the same, and could access Parler no problem.

I guess it was a problem with internet DNS servers, as indicted in the link in my OP. I made no changes to my laptop.

The link in my OP is now indicating no problems with DNS lookup for Parler anywhere anymore. It's pretty clear that it was a problem with the interwebs.

Thanks again. Learning experience for me. I should have been more patient, but I have important memes to post, LOL.

These are posts to the @ParlerSupport account...

1618879728088.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back