These people act as if they never heard of a telephone

ring , ring

"hello, do you dispense plan B?"

"no we do not, sorry"

"okay, I'll try somewhere else"

how hard is that, and why turn it into

" hey where's the plan B"

"sorry, we don't carry"

"what the fuck, I'm suing, I have a RIGHT to force you to carry what I want to buy dammit"

"what about my rights?"

"fuck you Christian zealot, separation of church and state baby"

:cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
your missing the point. so you call and the pharmacy say yes they sell it. but when you arrive at the pharmacy, the pharmacist refuses to actually sell it to you based on their religion. what do you do now?

But that is not what happened in either this case or in the hypothetical

I still say the solution is simple.

"Sorry, we are out. Next delivery sometime next month. Come back then."

Immie

Although I acknowledge that solution would work, I reject the notion that I can't be honest about why I don't have a certain product or don't want to sell it to certain customers.

Do YOU? Because personally, I just go find another pharmacy.

ring , ring

"no we do not, sorry"

"sorry, we don't carry"

"what the fuck, I'm suing, I have a RIGHT to force you to carry what I want to buy dammit"

"what about my rights?"

your missing the point. so you call and the pharmacy say yes they sell it. but when you arrive at the pharmacy, the pharmacist refuses to actually sell it to you based on their religion. what do you do now?

Ummm get in your fucking car and go to a different fucking pharmacy?

ring , ring

"no we do not, sorry"

"sorry, we don't carry"

"what about my rights?"

It's highly unlikely that, if their pharmacist is unwilling to dispense what you're calling about, they're not going to mention it. But if, for some reason, they don't, then you GO DOWN THE STREET TO ANOTHER PHARMACY.

Well there is a couple of things you should do:

1. Find another pharmacy.

2. Talk to shift store manager, then the owner, and finally if it is a francise - contact the parent corporation. Determine the stores/chains policy. If their policy is to stock and issue such items, then file a complaint with them about the employee. If they in fact have chosen not to stock the item, then you have no complaint (not that you aren't frustrated, but that's different). If they in fact have chosen to stock the item, but have a policy of accommodation to the employer - that's their choice - then you have no complaint (not that you aren't frustrated, but that's different).​

>>>>
still missing the point, if its mandated by law, they cant refuse to sell it to you if they carry it.

on your item #2, if they have been mandated to sell it, and their boss says they have and they use the religious argument, does that argument supersede the law?

ring , ring

"no we do not, sorry"

"sorry, we don't carry"

"what about my rights?"

Ummm get in your fucking car and go to a different fucking pharmacy?

You have to wonder if they overcomplicate everything in their lives like this, or only the shocking breach of their rights that is having to deal with religious people. :rolleyes:

2. Talk to shift store manager, then the owner, and finally if it is a francise - contact the parent corporation. Determine the stores/chains policy. If their policy is to stock and issue such items, then file a complaint with them about the employee. If they in fact have chosen not to stock the item, then you have no complaint (not that you aren't frustrated, but that's different). If they in fact have chosen to stock the item, but have a policy of accommodation to the employer - that's their choice - then you have no complaint (not that you aren't frustrated, but that's different).​

>>>>
still missing the point, if its mandated by law, they cant refuse to sell it to you if they carry it.

on your item #2, if they have been mandated to sell it, and their boss says they have and they use the religious argument, does that argument supersede the law?

No, tweeko, YOU are still missing the point: THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS MANDATING WHAT ITEMS A PRIVATE BUSINESS CARRIES OR SELLS.

On item #2, the "religious argument" should have superseded the law before it ever got passed.

Immie

Although I acknowledge that solution would work, I reject the notion that I can't be honest about why I don't have a certain product or don't want to sell it to certain customers.

I can't believe I am actually going to write this reply:

Would you rather tell a lie or kill a human being?

Now in all seriousness, I agree with you 100%. One should not be put in the position of doing something they are against morally.

Back to being sarcastic:

I suppose it would be wrong to force someone who does not value human life to give someone else CPR.

Immie

>>>>

No, tweeko, YOU are still missing the point: THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS MANDATING WHAT ITEMS A PRIVATE BUSINESS CARRIES OR SELLS.

On item #2, the "religious argument" should have superseded the law before it ever got passed.

See, the mistake being made here is people have mistakenly given these idiots the religious door to bash on. Don't add to that mistake. This has NOTHING to do with religion, and EVERYTHING to do with FREEDOM.

My reason for not wanting to sell a product to someone even if that someone is sitting right there on the shelf are irrelevant. It's my product.

Immie

Now in all seriousness, I agree with you 100%. One should not be put in the position of doing something they are against morally.

Back to being sarcastic:

I suppose it would be wrong to force someone who does not value human life to give someone else CPR.

Immie

Do we force people to learn how to give CPR?

Back to being sarcastic:

Immie

Not the point.

think force...

Immie

>>>>

Still missing the point. The OP references a case in Washington (STORMANS INC. v. SELECKY) and the law which required Pharmacies to stock and distribute Plan B. The law was struck down.

So to point #1 above, it's not mandated by law.

On item #2, if the item is not mandated by law, then it becomes and employer/employee issue.

>>>>

ring , ring

"no we do not, sorry"

"sorry, we don't carry"

"what about my rights?"

Go to another pharmacy or wait for someone else to come in.

>>>>

1. The court disagrees.
  2. It does according to the judge.

Back to being sarcastic:

Immie

Actually yes we do, if that person wants to be a foreman, crew leader etc in construction.

Back to being sarcastic:

Immie

Actually yes we do, if that person wants to be a foreman, crew leader etc in construction.

What? I know plenty of construction foremen, most of them never got certified in CPR. The ones that did learned it in the military or because of volunteer work they do.

Back to being sarcastic:

Immie

We don't even force them to give it once they DO learn it, unless they're doctors, nurses, first responders, etc.

Back to being sarcastic:

Immie

We don't even force them to give it once they DO learn it, unless they're doctors, nurses, first responders, etc.

I think you guys missed the point.

Hey, we can force pharmacists to sell things that they believe takes human life, we ought to be able to force people like Jack Kevorkian (yes, I know he is dearly departed) or an abortionist to provide CPR.

Immie

Seriously, how did we get to a point in this country where ANYONE thinks that their CONVENIENCE is more important than another person's rights?

OMG you might have to get in your fucking car and drive an extra hour even to get a medication that someone chooses not to sell for WHATEVER reason. Just shut up and do what you need to do.

Selfish people.

Not sure where you live and how much of the thread you have read.

This law was passed in the State of Washington. It seems representatives of the state believe that they can force pharmacies to distribute Plan B Emergency "Contraceptive". A couple of pharmacists said they did not want to participate in dispensing what they believed was an abortificant. The state said, "how dare you defy our order?". It went to court. The pharmacists lost and appealed and recently one the appeal based on religious grounds.

Now, that is the simple play by play. I'm sure it is more complicated than that, but MY SIDE IS RIGHT AND THEIR SIDE IS WRONG. ;) So don't listen to anything they say. :lol:

Immie

The pharmacy times (Pharmacy Times - Practical Information for Today's Pharmacist) has a bit of a different intrepetation than you have:

The Washington state rule under fire enables pharmacists with personal objections to a drug to get a coworker to fill the prescription. The regulation also states, however, that the patient must be able to get the prescription in the same pharmacy visit. Additionally, the rule requires pharmacies in Washington to order new supplies of a drug if a patient asks for one that is not in stock, and it prohibits pharmacists from harassing patients seeking emergency contraception.
Very little is being "forced" outside of the long-accpeted "usual and customary" mandates that are understood to go beyond the costs applications they once had.

Are you incredibly stupid, or do you just act like you are.

Read the fucking decision, the defendants clearly proved that the rule was not evenly enforced, and that some pharmacies are actually allowed to not carry Plan B. For some reason that is unavailable on the official record anywhere the only pharmacy in the entire state that was required to actually carry Plan B. Even pharmacies at Catholic hospitals were never actually required to have Plan B on hand.

Perhaps you should re-read my post...I'm agreeing with you. Very little is being forced on the pharmacist in this case.

Mountains from molehills.

Glad that we're presenting Plan B as an option to any female readers out there though. Not all women are aware that you can get it without a prescription so the discussion is healthy. It also reveals the right's insanity which is not that hard to do but is always fun to expose. :lol:

ring , ring

"no we do not, sorry"

"sorry, we don't carry"

"what about my rights?"

Good point. Obviously thinking things through isn't the strong suit of the right wing. Hence the heavy use of animation. LOL.

Why they want a woman to have to go through with an unwanted pregnancy is really pretty sick.

Forum List

Back