pharmacist have 1st Amendment right to refuse to dispense Plan B

how is this not a religious discussion? the pharmacist in question refused to provide services based on a religious belief

so are you saying that if he hadn't mentioned religion you would have been okay with him not selling Plan B?
YES! if it is not a based on religious belief and simply a denial to provide service then there is no religious basis for an argument. refusal to provide service is the right of any business owner. (and many post signs notifying the public of this)

you can make up a wide variety of reasons to refuse service, you may get in trouble legally with some, but not all.

Thanks for finally admitting that you are nothing but a giant douche bag who not only hates religion, but is too fucking stupid to realize that the first amendment applies to the government ONLY , not private individuals or companies.

IDIOT.

So you actually believe that a profession that is licensed by the state can refuse to sell commonly used drugs because of a moral issue they had before accepting the state license?

I can't really see that as feasible.

If you want them to operate as unlicensed then I CAN see it. Maybe that's the solution. Allow quacks to operate without a license as long as they advertise that they are unlicensed.

ALL businesses are licensed by the state. It's called a business license.

And you're not paying attention. Stop making this about religion. I have no idea why some that agree with me (Quantam!!) keep going there , it's a red herring designed to appeal to those who hate religeon.

It's about LIBERTY. If I own a store it's my RIGHT to sell what I want , when I want, where I want (provided I'm selling legal items of course) and I don't have to justify my reason to you at all.

This is a concept that a 7th grader should understand.
And yet I couldn't get a license to operate a hotel and refuse to accommodate white people.

no, but you COULD open a hotel and then refuse to rent out rooms to ANYONE

Try harder.

He never said it was feasible. In fact, he said he would go out of business if he did it. That does not change the fact that it is still his choice.

I don't see why they don't get it? I have a right to open a business and go broke if I want. It would be terrible business and so no one would do it, but that is of course an extreme and there is middle ground where most actually live.

They think the government is supposed to protect them from being stupid.

The government has failed them in that regard.

ALL businesses are licensed by the state. It's called a business license.

And you're not paying attention. Stop making this about religion. I have no idea why some that agree with me (Quantam!!) keep going there , it's a red herring designed to appeal to those who hate religeon.

It's about LIBERTY. If I own a store it's my RIGHT to sell what I want , when I want, where I want (provided I'm selling legal items of course) and I don't have to justify my reason to you at all.

This is a concept that a 7th grader should understand.
And yet I couldn't get a license to operate a hotel and refuse to accommodate white people.

no, but you COULD open a hotel and then refuse to rent out rooms to ANYONE

Try harder.

And I'd lose my license.

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

how correct that is and I think that is unconstitutional, but THAT is irrelvant to this thread.

If you own a business and you refuse to sell a particular product to ALL customers or even refuse to sell ANY products to all customers, that is equal treatment. DUH!

how correct that is and I think that is unconstitutional, but THAT is irrelvant to this thread.

If you own a business and you refuse to sell a particular product to ALL customers or even refuse to sell ANY products to all customers, that is equal treatment. DUH!

I answered Ravi's theoretical. So, duh backatchya.

so are you saying that if he hadn't mentioned religion you would have been okay with him not selling Plan B?
YES! if it is not a based on religious belief and simply a denial to provide service then there is no religious basis for an argument. refusal to provide service is the right of any business owner. (and many post signs notifying the public of this)

you can make up a wide variety of reasons to refuse service, you may get in trouble legally with some, but not all.

Thanks for finally admitting that you are nothing but a giant douche bag who not only hates religion, but is too fucking stupid to realize that the first amendment applies to the government ONLY , not private individuals or companies.

IDIOT.
really? so youre going back to this argument? so my religion says i dont believe black people are competent so i dont have to serve them based on my religious belief? the ALCU and government would me on top me so fast suing me for discrimination.

and did you really just say the first ammendment only applies to government and not private businesses?

bwahahahahahaha i havent had a laugh like that in years!!!!

IDIOT.
really? so youre going back to this argument? so my religion says i dont believe black people are competent so i dont have to serve them based on my religious belief? the ALCU and government would me on top me so fast suing me for discrimination.

and did you really just say the first ammendment only applies to government and not private businesses?

bwahahahahahaha i havent had a laugh like that in years!!!!

You're dumber than a rock. You can't discriminate , you can not serve ANYONE though. DUH!!

Equal access means exactly that. It does not, however, force a business to actually do business.

Point being "equal". If she is not serving anyone then she is treating everyone equally.

Immie

Point being "equal". If she is not serving anyone then she is treating everyone equally.

Immie

They don't want to get it.

:clap2:

But expect this to be over turned.

Can't allow those terrible pharmacists to object to killing babies! My goodness if we let them get away with it who knows who will object next.

/sarcasm off

Immie

I'd be willing to bet that if you fuckers had your way... you'd be killing 10X the babies that Planned Parenthood does in a single year. The only difference would be that YOU assholes would let them die a horrible death of starvation instead of the merciful death of a saline injection.

in other words... you'd wait for them to be born first. Yeah.... kind hearted CONservative Christians.

Forum List

Back