Phil Robertson Latest Victim of Gay Mafia War on Freedom of Religion and Speech

Where did anyone say anyone was being arrested, you dumbass liar?

We are talking about people losing their jobs due to the Gay Mafia pressuring business owners into reflexively firing those who offend said mafia.

Do you think that kind of deflection really works?

Well, I guess it does work on you, but does it work on anyone with a > room temperature IQ?

Then that's not a free speech issue. It's an "made employer unhappy" issue.

Free speech and/or religious expression transcends mere legal concerns, dumbass.

If you weren't an idiot and or a fascist I would bother trying to essplain it to you, but you are not worth the time.

So...Phil Robertson has free speech but the network doesn't?

And...I'd love to have you "essplain" it to me, whatever that means.

We are talking about people losing their jobs due to the Gay Mafia pressuring business owners into reflexively firing those who offend said mafia.

Well, I guess it does work on you, but does it work on anyone with a > room temperature IQ?

Free speech and/or religious expression transcends mere legal concerns, dumbass.

If you weren't an idiot and or a fascist I would bother trying to essplain it to you, but you are not worth the time.

What private school did you graduate from?

God hates fags, amiright?

So you think he's a homophobe/racist for expressing his pov?

Where oh where is the kumbaya?

Like I said, true colors shown but not by Phil.

Yet we do not know if that is what God truly said now do we. Since he is not available for a follow up comment or interview to reinforce a view that supposedly came from his own mouth.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

Politics: A&E suspends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson for agreeing with the Bible | Best of Cain

A+E Networks, parent company of A&E, has released the following statement to Variety:

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

As noted in a previous Variety article, Robertson discusses in his GQ interview his religious beliefs and about sin, saying, “start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Then, the GQ writer paraphrases Corinthians saying, “don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Soon, a company wont keep an employee that is willing to publicly express his religious belief that homosexuality is a sin.

That is how the Gay Mafia and the leftwing fascists want it, as a tool to silence dissent of ALL Americans.

I have to agree with Sarah Palin:

Free speech is an endangered species.

Those “intolerants” hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us.

Another rightist exhibits her ignorance.

That moron wasn't fired he resigned after weeks of non-action.

But this is a good example of how Christians are being kicked awake in this country like the Assault Weapons Ban woke up so many gun rights people back in the late 1990's.

So there is a silver lining to every problem, so true.

Assault weapons and armor piercing bullets were outlawed because of the police organizations lobbying for it.

That politically appointed city cops were supporting their political establishment confused no one but idiots. Freely ELECTED sheriffs have almost NEVER supported any kind of gun control for the past thirty years.

Still it proves your bias, since the city police forces always throw their support the GOP way. Don't get me wrong. I like having weapons. Weapons that make the police shutter with fear.

Last edited:
It is quite simple:

Phil has a right to speak his mind.
A&E has a right to fire him.
There is no violation of free speech nor free exercise of religion.

And CHRISTIANS have the right to BOYCOT A+E.

Do we not?

And yes, by definition A+E is censoring Phil Robertson and while this is not a federal issue, it is an abridgement of his religious expression, like it or not.

Of course we have the right to boycott!

But no it isn't an abridgment if his freedom of religious expression. The network has a right to fire him because of his speech irregardless of wether it was religious in nature.

As a conservative who was probably upset about the state forcing the bakery to bake cakes for gay weddings, you should be supporting A&E's right (if not their decision). Believe me you do not want to live in a country where employers are forced to behave by the government or groups of people who believe they have a right to not be offended.

That is NOT the conservative way.

Yet we do not know if that is what God truly said now do we. Since he is not available for a follow up comment or interview to reinforce a view that supposedly came from his own mouth.

No worse than your ability to articulate a concise definition of what you are expressing.

It is quite simple:

Do we not?

And yes, by definition A+E is censoring Phil Robertson and while this is not a federal issue, it is an abridgement of his religious expression, like it or not.

He's not being censored, he's being fired.

He was fired for his religious expression which is a form of censorship.

He can still say whatever he wants to whom ever he wants - his freedom of expression is still protected.

Except that his income has been penalized for it by fascists who tolerate no agreement.

How is that a protection of his free speech? No one is claiming that the government is punishing him, only the fascists who coerced his being fired.

His freedom of religion is not being abridged (whatever that means), he's being fired. He can still worship however he wants and believe whatever he wants. His freedom of religion is still protected.

Are you deliberately being stupid or does it come naturally?

His employers don't like how he has represented their company and he was fired. Should I be able to represent my employers in a way they find detrimental or negative and keep my job?

It depends on the nature of what you say. If you say that you believe in God and atheists say they are offended, do you think you should be fired?

If you say you don't believe in God, should Christians be able to coerce your employer into firing you either?

Both of these are issues of freedom of conscience and that is not only protection against the government but also of civilian malfeasance as well.

If A&E finds that they have hurt their own company worse by firing Mr. Robertson than his comments have alone, perhaps they'll re-hire him. It all depends on their customers. If most of their customers find Mr. Robertson's comments despicable and the show's rating or A&E's viewership declines, that's capitalism. If most of A&E's customers find his being fired for those comments an inappropriate reaponse and in the end that hurts A&E's profit, that's capitalism.

This is not about capitalism, yoyo, it is about being able to freely speak your mind without being blacklisted or fired.

You can't be for and against capitalism, right to work, and a free society just so you can have it both ways when you want.

No one is trying to, but thanks for playing.

God hates fags, amiright?

Yet we do not know if that is what God truly said now do we? Since he is not available for a follow up comment or interview to reinforce a view that supposedly came from his own mouth.

Yes, we do know, and the willful ignorance of people like you does nothing to disprove that.

From Senator Ted Cruz

Free Speech Matters

The reason that so many Americans love Duck Dynasty is because it represents the America usually ignored or mocked by liberal elites: a family that loves and cares for each other, believes in God, and speaks openly about their faith.

If you believe in free speech or religious liberty, you should be deeply dismayed over the treatment of Phil Robertson. Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job. In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree.

And, as PC enforcers often forget, tolerance is a two-way street. Here's what Phil himself had to say about accepting and loving everybody:

“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Ted Cruz is a smart man. You will notice that he never said that Phil's free speech or free exercise of religion was violated.

He and others are correct. What A&E did was awful and stupid. I hope they pay dearly for it.

No worse than your ability to articulate a concise definition of what you are expressing.

I did, in my first post.

Sad for you that you're unable to understand it. Public school?

Yet we do not know if that is what God truly said now do we? Since he is not available for a follow up comment or interview to reinforce a view that supposedly came from his own mouth.

Yes, we do know, and the willful ignorance of people like you does nothing to disprove that.

Where is the link that show those words actually coming from God's mouth?

It is quite simple:

Do we not?

Of course we have the right to boycott!

But no it isn't an abridgment if his freedom of religious expression.

Yes, it is, not against government censorship but of private censorship, and so we do not try to respond by law but by our own retaliatory action.

The network has a right to fire him because of his speech irregardless of wether it was religious in nature.

And we have the right to boycott them for it, and where in the Constitution does it say that a company has the right to fire anyone? You keep playing this game of deliberately obfuscating legal rights with general social rights, where do you see the right to fire people in the Constitution?

As a conservative who was probably upset about the state forcing the bakery to bake cakes for gay weddings, you should be supporting A&E's right (if not their decision). Believe me you do not want to live in a country where employers are forced to behave by the government or groups of people who believe they have a right to not be offended.

I don't want the government to have anything to do with any of this.

Do you even bother to read what you respond to?

That is NOT the conservative way.

And no one is suggesting it. Actually reading things one responds to *is* the conservative way, but cant speak for neocons.

It is quite simple:

Do we not?

He's not being censored, he's being fired. He can still say whatever he wants to whom ever he wants - his freedom of expression is still protected.

His freedom of religion is not being abridged (whatever that means), he's being fired. He can still worship however he wants and believe whatever he wants. His freedom of religion is still protected.

His employers don't like how he has represented their company and he was fired. Should I be able to represent my employers in a way they find detrimental or negative and keep my job?

If A&E finds that they have hurt their own company worse by firing Mr. Robertson than his comments have alone, perhaps they'll re-hire him. It all depends on their customers. If most of their customers find Mr. Robertson's comments despicable and the show's rating or A&E's viewership declines, that's capitalism. If most of A&E's customers find his being fired for those comments an inappropriate reaponse and in the end that hurts A&E's profit, that's capitalism.

You can't be for and against capitalism, right to work, and a free society just so you can have it both ways when you want.

Exactly correct.

Where is the link that show those words actually coming from God's mouth?

Lol, and what's funniest of all, is that you are probably being serious! roflamo

I did, in my first post.

Sad for you that you're unable to understand it. Public school?

No, not in school anymore. See,you did it again.

You're a derp that needs hand holding.

"Public school" was in reference to where you got your education ... from your lack of reading comprehension, I'd say it was a poor one.

Derp some more for me, I'm having a sad day and need the laughs.

btw, did you bother to read my first post? Need any help with understanding that?

Do we not?

He's not being censored, he's being fired. He can still say whatever he wants to whom ever he wants - his freedom of expression is still protected.

Exactly correct.

No, he is not as he fails to grasp that no one is talking about the government taking action here, only a call to BOYCOT by Christians.

Don't like that? too bad.

The Support Phil Facebook page is already up to half a million likes, lol.

No Jim, it does not.

NOTHING transcends our rights given to us by the constitution. A&E as an employer has the right to fire him.

Forum List

Back