Police in India raid Twitter offices in probe of tweets with ‘manipulated media’ label

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Some of us warned when all the shadowbanning, interference in free speech and banning accounts occurred that twitter would only hurt themselves.

Not only did these little feckless fascists ruin their products in the eyes of foreign governments, give a green light for governments to confront them and justify their OWN silencing (as Russia and Iran have done); they have also ruined Americas greatest Goodwill export: that of a reputation for being unapologetically and unrestricted with freedom.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/coro...ak-theory-suddenly-became-credible/ar-AAKlIOr
Police in India raided the offices of Twitter India in Delhi and Gurgaon on Monday as part of an investigation into why tweets about a so-called “toolkit” of information about the coronavirus were labeled as manipulated media, The Indian Express reported. An officer told the media outlet that police had sent a notice to Twitter demanding an explanation for the label on a ruling party member’s tweet, and that it was seeking “information Twitter has about the toolkit and why they chose to give the ‘manipulated media’ label.”

Twitter declined to comment Monday. TechCrunch reported that there were no Twitter employees in the offices at the time of the raid, which occurred late Monday evening India Standard Time. Journalist Aditya Raj Kaul tweeted that Twitter employees in India are currently working remotely.

It was done by two workers working remotely to damage the govt. and you think it's a big conspiracy from the corporation?

It was done by two workers working remotely to damage the govt. and you think it's a big conspiracy from the corporation?

I think twitter have undermined their own business in Europe, Eastern Bloc Nation, East Asia and elsewhere. They are not alone, Facebook has also decimated their reputation and decreased the level of influence America can exude.

You won't only be seeing raids (which were probably designed to send a message), you will see government fines, taxation, restrictions on the very companies who have restricted their users. Since they have done the same to users, they will receive little to no support, their own tactics used against them.

I think twitter have undermined their own business in Europe, Eastern Bloc Nation, East Asia and elsewhere. They are not alone, Facebook has also decimated their reputation and decreased the level of influence America can exude.

You won't only be seeing raids (which were probably designed to send a message), you will see government fines, taxation, restrictions on the very companies who have restricted their users. Since they have done the same to users, they will receive little to no support, their own tactics used against them.
When you contract out your business mode it is not unusual to have rouge workers screw up yer product or incompetence that does the same....Hell, look at all the people that Union Carbide killed in India and yet it is now a Dow chemical division.

When you contract out your business mode it is not unusual to have rouge workers screw up yer product or incompetence that does the same....Hell, look at all the people that Union Carbide killed in India and yet it is now a Dow chemical division.

Contract out or not, it won't prevent taxes from E.U nations, oversight from other countries or even outright bans/restrictions.

Don't tell me banning the president of the U.S or many of his followers was due to some "rogue contract employee". They've tried this argument before without success.

Good for India. Don't really know what they can do to hurt Twatter or Fascist Book, but I hope they do something. I have done all I can--I don't use or support them.

Contract out or not, it won't prevent taxes from E.U nations, oversight from other countries or even outright bans/restrictions.

Don't tell me banning the president of the U.S or many of his followers was due to some "rogue contract employee". They've tried this argument before without success.
No, it was to help interrupt a putsch by preventing a communications base.

New Topics

Forum List

Back