CDZ Police Reform Ideas

1623349933401.png

Take the tasers and pepper spray away and let the police deal with people who are resisting arrest and rioting like they did at the Capitol on the 6th of January 2021

We need a Castle Doctrine Amendment added to the Constitution of the United States making castle doctrine, stand your ground, and concealed carry, legal to all citizens of the United States of America.

******SMILE*****

:)

My first thought is that every police officer should have a body camera on, with sound, all the time. I have yet to hear a reasonable argument why a police officer should be able to turn off their camera.

Because it's just not necessary. If someone isn't trusted to be an LEO, they shouldn't hire them. I wouldn't work for ANYONE that didn't trust me to do my job. Turning it on just prior to an interaction is reasonable.
That's way too simplistic. No City Hall is impervious in its vetting; domestic terrorist and white supremacy groups love to convince their members to become cops, and they heavily recruit from the local cops. Plus, a quick skim of the newspaper should tell you that violent people become cops as well, and cops sometimes become violent people, and you can't catch them all by vetting. My local PD just had to fire one of its own because they didn't catch that he was a white supremacist Stormfront poster. It happens.

Also, it can protect cops from accusations. Remember the one in Ohio a few months back that shot that sixteen-year-old girl mid-stab? He was surrounded by what looked like dozens of her friends and neighbors, many of who would have testified against him, if not for that bodycam footage.

Plus, they supply evidence against the person being arrested.

Here are my ideas on police reform:
Double the number of police. I want to see them everywhere walking a beat keeping order.

Don't love it, don't hate it.

A less militant, less confrontational look to their uniforms.

Most definitely. More law and order, less occupying force.

More protection for police so they can relax, feel safer and be more friendly.

What do you mean?

Fewer fucking lights flashing and blinking all over their car. One or two big rotating lights on top was enough.

Definitely. LED strobes are WAY too bright and actually dangerous at night.

Much stricter fines and penalties for not cooperating with police, including mouthing off to them. Shut your damn mouth and do what you are told.

And this would be the high-side into the bushes.

My first thought is that every police officer should have a body camera on, with sound, all the time. I have yet to hear a reasonable argument why a police officer should be able to turn off their camera.
It should be a legal requirement, and deactivating or disabling it in any way should be a Federal felony with ten years mandatory prison time.

Because it's just not necessary. If someone isn't trusted to be an LEO, they shouldn't hire them. I wouldn't work for ANYONE that didn't trust me to do my job. Turning it on just prior to an interaction is reasonable.

Cops have proven over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over that they are not trustworthy.

Pass a law that anyone who resists arrest can be shot.

So...you want the police to ACTUALLY be able to kill anyone they want in cold blood, legally, just by claiming the person was "resisting"?

1623712501830.png

That's what our congresspersons approved of on the 6th of January because they felt threatened.

*****SMILE*****

:)

In another thread, I alluded to a rather extended and pleasant conversation I had with two gentlemen, one of which is the Commissioner for the Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority and I brought the subject up of police reform for the Buffalo PD. Ultimately, what got me thinking were two points that if implemented, would reduce problems within the force by at least 85-90%, IMO. He (the commissioner) brought up the fact that Buffalo was sorely lacking in Field Training Officers, who's role is to help probationary officers do the job properly and rein them in when needed. More on that one later as training in any field is a huge issue with me. The other thing, I think, has more to do with intimacy with the communities and neighborhoods at large. Back in the early 90s under the Masiello Administration, someone brought up the ideas of consolidating the 16 or so police precincts into five districts, and switching from two man to one man patrol cars. Their thinking was that it would save money with physical buildings.

1. But at what cost? I think it was a horrible idea as it forced patrols into larger areas and we lost that connection with our local precinct. I live in the South side of the city and used to be in the 15th Precinct (Now A district). South Buffalo, which includes the old First Ward, Kaisertown, and the Valley used to be in the 15th, 9th, and 7th precincts, respectively. Upper East Side/University was under the 11th, 12th, and 16th precincts.
My thinking is we bring back precincts it would reduce the amount of patrol area an officer has to cover and also restore alot of the intimacy with the neighborhoods they're patrolling

2. Training, training, training!!! This is a huge issue with me as I value proper training. From what I was told, rookie cops in Buffalo are typically unleashed within the city without proper oversight and supervision from a Field Training Officer (FTO), Senior officers who are tasked to "break in" probationers. Seems nobody wants the job as they see it as a "step down" in their status. End result is what we are seeing with police misconduct, conduct unbecoming, and excessive use of force. This can be an easy fix. For any officer desiring to move up into command ranks (Sergeant or greater), make it mandatory that they spend at least two to three years as a Field Training Officer first!

Two simple solutions that I think can resolve 85-90% of the issues in my PD.
Any other ideas?
Police don't need reform....The ghetto needs reform.

In another thread, I alluded to a rather extended and pleasant conversation I had with two gentlemen, one of which is the Commissioner for the Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority and I brought the subject up of police reform for the Buffalo PD. Ultimately, what got me thinking were two points that if implemented, would reduce problems within the force by at least 85-90%, IMO. He (the commissioner) brought up the fact that Buffalo was sorely lacking in Field Training Officers, who's role is to help probationary officers do the job properly and rein them in when needed. More on that one later as training in any field is a huge issue with me. The other thing, I think, has more to do with intimacy with the communities and neighborhoods at large. Back in the early 90s under the Masiello Administration, someone brought up the ideas of consolidating the 16 or so police precincts into five districts, and switching from two man to one man patrol cars. Their thinking was that it would save money with physical buildings.

1. But at what cost? I think it was a horrible idea as it forced patrols into larger areas and we lost that connection with our local precinct. I live in the South side of the city and used to be in the 15th Precinct (Now A district). South Buffalo, which includes the old First Ward, Kaisertown, and the Valley used to be in the 15th, 9th, and 7th precincts, respectively. Upper East Side/University was under the 11th, 12th, and 16th precincts.
My thinking is we bring back precincts it would reduce the amount of patrol area an officer has to cover and also restore alot of the intimacy with the neighborhoods they're patrolling

2. Training, training, training!!! This is a huge issue with me as I value proper training. From what I was told, rookie cops in Buffalo are typically unleashed within the city without proper oversight and supervision from a Field Training Officer (FTO), Senior officers who are tasked to "break in" probationers. Seems nobody wants the job as they see it as a "step down" in their status. End result is what we are seeing with police misconduct, conduct unbecoming, and excessive use of force. This can be an easy fix. For any officer desiring to move up into command ranks (Sergeant or greater), make it mandatory that they spend at least two to three years as a Field Training Officer first!

Two simple solutions that I think can resolve 85-90% of the issues in my PD.
Any other ideas?
Police don't need reform....The ghetto needs reform.
OK, BOTH then.

Cops have proven over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over that they are not trustworthy.

Some have. Most haven't. Because of all the bad ones, it's hard to trust a good one now a days. But I always give them the benefit of the doubt. Treat them as they're treating me.

They'd have to be proven to be resisting with a body cam or something like that. Shoot a few and they'll all calm down.

Yeah, sure. Pull the other one, it plays the accordion.
Force every crack dealer to say "resist the cops and you'll be shot" every time they sell a rock. The word will get around fast.

Do you ever wonder why BLM always sticks up for the black violent thugs, instead of the decent black folks who are getting a dose of police brutality? As predominant as they make police brutality against blacks, surely they could find a decent black person, who wasn't high, not committing a crime (or just got through committing one) to make a martyr out of.

Forum List

Back