Police Set Up Eating-While-Driving “Safety Checkpoints”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Prison Planet.com, February 9, 2014

Instead of searching for actual criminals, Kentucky State Police will be on the lookout for people who eat while they drive as part of Operation RAID, despite the fact that eating while driving is not banned in Kentucky.

Better not pull out of Mickey D's munching on that Big Mac!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_i64pZlB-kM]Police Set Up Eating-While-Driving "Safety Checkpoints" - YouTube[/ame]

Check out the story @ Prison Planet.com » Police Set Up Eating-While-Driving ?Safety Checkpoints?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of eating while driving. Never got stopped for it though. I'm especially guilty of drinking while driving. I usually get a super sized soda when I stop at Circle K or other convenience store. In the summer months, I could not do without a cold drink while on the road. I'd rather get ticketed than get dehydrated.

Distracted driving IS distracted driving.

Does that mean you would support government mandating that all vehicles designed for use on public roads must have something installed to force driving with BOTH hands on the wheel? If not, the vehicle would not move? :eusa_whistle:

WTF?? It's not legally banned, but they can pull people over for it?? The list is endless of things people do in their vehicles that are distracting, but will they start checkpoints for those as well??

Okay, I was being a bit sarcastic when posting this and the other remark I made.

Driving distracted for any reason is dangerous and a clear way of getting into an accident. No matter whether it's booze, or drugs, or texting, or eating, it's dangerous and people should be smart enough to realize that.

As to the right to establish and enforce laws or efforts to stop it - one has to remember that it's not an attack on personal freedom. When you took a test to obtain permission from the state of operate a motor vehicle, you were seeking permission to do so as long as you obey the law and rules. IT IS NOT A RIGHT!

If you pose a threat to another motorist, you should be stopped! Plain and simple.

Does that mean you would support government mandating that all vehicles designed for use on public roads must have something installed to force driving with BOTH hands on the wheel? If not, the vehicle would not move? :eusa_whistle:
I guess soon I won't be able to turn on the radio anymore. :eusa_eh:

If your radio is such a distraction then you should turn it off today.

I say the solution is for the government to give each of us our own personal robot who can tune the radio, feed us, pick our nose, scratch our crotch, etc. while we're driving.:D

I say the solution is for the government to give each of us our own personal robot who can tune the radio, feed us, pick our nose, scratch our crotch, etc. while we're driving.:D
I agree. Except for the feeding part. Since the robot is doing all the work, he's the one who deserves the food. :lol:

If your radio is such a distraction then you should turn it off today.
So is turning on my wipers when it rains. I guess I'll need to stop that as well. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back