Police Set Up Eating-While-Driving “Safety Checkpoints”

Okay, I was being a bit sarcastic when posting this and the other remark I made.

Driving distracted for any reason is dangerous and a clear way of getting into an accident. No matter whether it's booze, or drugs, or texting, or eating, it's dangerous and people should be smart enough to realize that.

As to the right to establish and enforce laws or efforts to stop it - one has to remember that it's not an attack on personal freedom. When you took a test to obtain permission from the state of operate a motor vehicle, you were seeking permission to do so as long as you obey the law and rules. IT IS NOT A RIGHT!

If you pose a threat to another motorist, you should be stopped! Plain and simple.

I'm on the road quite frequently and I assure you most people drive distracted, if they're not "messing" with something they're zoned out on mental auto pilot. But no amount of legislation/enforcement is going to change that, slow it down maybe, save a couple of people but not change it. People are generally narcissistic, clueless morons when they get behind the wheel, put em in a major metropolitan ER (volunteering) for a while they might get the message.

If your radio is such a distraction then you should turn it off today.
So is turning on my wipers when it rains. I guess I'll need to stop that as well. :eusa_eh:

Shit taking my eyes off the road to read those pesky speed limit signs is distracting too.

You're misrepresenting what distracted driving is. What you're referencing is part of responsible driving, paying attention to the road, the speed limit signs, all the other traffic around you, etc.
Someone fiddling with their fries, unwrapping a Big Mac that takes more than a few seconds is distracted driving. Staring at your radio/CDplayer (as opposed to glancing at it) is distracted driving.

Texting and driving really is dangerous, and I don't have a problem if that is made illegal and enforced.

However...:eusa_whistle:

Pull+it+over_e356b4_4911712.png

So is turning on my wipers when it rains. I guess I'll need to stop that as well. :eusa_eh:

Shit taking my eyes off the road to read those pesky speed limit signs is distracting too.

You're misrepresenting what distracted driving is. What you're referencing is part of responsible driving, paying attention to the road, the speed limit signs, all the other traffic around you, etc.
Someone fiddling with their fries, unwrapping a Big Mac that takes more than a few seconds is distracted driving. Staring at your radio/CDplayer (as opposed to glancing at it) is distracted driving.

Someone needs to get their sarcasm meter recalibrated.

Yeah, your sarcasm is plainly obvious given your facial expressions..... Oh, wait! We can't see your facial expressions....... Maybe that's why they gave us emoticons........ :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, your sarcasm is plainly obvious given your facial expressions..... Oh, wait! We can't see your facial expressions....... Maybe that's why they gave us emoticons........ :eusa_whistle:

Emoticons are for girls.

I guess soon I won't be able to turn on the radio anymore. :eusa_eh:

If your radio is such a distraction then you should turn it off today.

Actually it is sometimes. Did you ever drive a different car (other than the one you're used to driving) and have to turn on the lights or wipers? You're distracted because you're not familiar with the layout of the car. When you drive your own vehicle all the time it becomes automatic with familiarity and it no longer becomes a distraction. Anything not related to actually driving is a distraction.

Forum List

Back