Poll: Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

• Total voters

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?

I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?

Of course you do....
All dems are in favor of all avenues that allow cheating.

Of course you do....

Credible proof? Democrats aren't the ones engaging in voter suppression.

I agree. Which is why the SC didn't.

The only people crying about it are Democrats in Democrat states with Democrat Governors. As bad as the DMV is they could come up with a system better than mail in voting.

Of course you do....

Credible proof? Democrats aren't the ones engaging in voter suppression.

Prove it.

I agree. Which is why the SC didn't.

Trump is counting on SCOTUS to tell states when to stop counting their ballots.

Ugh, things have deadlines. Especially important things like this election. It would make sense for out SCOTUS to step in if need be. Branches of government, big guy.

At minimum, all states should not count any ballots that are postmarked after the election.
Everyone has had plenty of time.
Even when the president is sabotaging the postal system? That’s what these law suits are designed to take advantage of and Brett K basically admitted in his Wisconsin decision. Upper classes using the useful idiot Republicans to keep power

Under Article II of the U.S. Constitution the president and vice president are chosen by electors, under a constitutional grant of authority delegated to the legislatures of the several states. The Constitution reserves the choice of the precise manner for creating electors to the will of the state legislatures.

Should the Governor and/or the State Court usurp the power of the Legislature, the role of SCOTUS would be order that usurpation ceased.

Are you for the usurpation of Legislative power by a State Court or Governor?

The only people crying about it are Democrats in Democrat states with Democrat Governors. As bad as the DMV is they could come up with a system better than mail in voting.

Proof? Link?

Under Article II of the U.S. Constitution the president and vice president are chosen by electors, under a constitutional grant of authority delegated to the legislatures of the several states. The Constitution reserves the choice of the precise manner for creating electors to the will of the state legislatures.

Should the Governor and/or the State Court usurp the power of the Legislature, the role of SCOTUS would be order that usurpation ceased.

Are you for the usurpation of Legislative power by a State Court or Governor?

I'm for the counting of all legal ballots according to respective state election laws. SCOTUS should not be involved.

At minimum, all states should not count any ballots that are postmarked after the election.
Everyone has had plenty of time.
Even when the president is sabotaging the postal system? That’s what these law suits are designed to take advantage of and Brett K basically admitted in his Wisconsin decision. Upper classes using the useful idiot Republicans to keep power
Then please set the bong down, and tell me your fair minded idea that will work flawlessly for the masses.

Forum List

Back