Pope Benedict to Resign!

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Not that I have a dog or a God in this fight, but interesting.

BBC News - Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month in an unexpected development, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

He became Pope in 2005 following John Paul II's death.

Resignations from the papacy are not unknown, but this is the first in the modern era, which has been marked by pontiffs dying while in office.

At 78, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

An imaginary office with imaginary powers and delusions of grandeur will now change hands.

Isn't reality delightful as a form of amusement? And so much more original than fiction.

the pope has alot of power.

the next pope should open the vaults to the private papers of the church.

allow the public to see all their internal investigations into child abuse and who covered for who.

let jesus cleanse their souls so to say

I suspect some new revelations have come out about his previous conduct sorounding the peado cover ups. maybe he's just knackerd. waffling bigoted nonesence to deluded freaks must be quite exhasting.

Will the next one be Petrus Romanus - Peter the Roman?
We shall see.

I wonder that, too.....whether we are seeing the coming of the last Pope and if we will see the aftermath if having no Pontiff in our lifetime.

Regards from Rosie

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month in an unexpected development, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

Resignations from the papacy are not unknown, but this is the first in the modern era, which has been marked by pontiffs dying while in office.

At 78, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

Why resign? He has minions to do his job for him. Possibly dementia or some other real dibilitating illness or something in his past about to surface?

Why resign? He has minions to do his job for him. Possibly dementia or some other real dibilitating illness or something in his past about to surface?

Benedict was always seen as a caretaker Pope, with a short reign after a very long reigned (and popular) Pope. Look to the next pope to come from Latin or South America, and for him to be relatively young.

I vote past...but heck..how can you beat being in the Hitler Youth?

:lol: I know. :)

Why would Benedict replace such a rock star like John Paul? He had to be a placeholder.

Benedict was always seen as a caretaker Pope, with a short reign after a very long reigned (and popular) Pope. Look to the next pope to come from Latin or South America, and for him to be relatively young.

I live in a Polish neighborhood. They didn't even acknowledge Benedict.

:eusa_whistle:

He was in the Hitler Youth when EVERY male teenager in Germany was in the Hitler Youth.
It was not voluntary. They were used as fire watches, runners, and even drafted untrained soldiers at the end of the war.

Forum List

Back