Pope Benedict to Resign!

And now, a Pope joke!

Upon hearing of the Pope's resignation, the Vatican decided to renovate and redecorate the Papal apartments in the Vatican. Officials assigned two young nuns to repaint the Papal apartment. The nuns were wearing the traditional black wool habit of their order complete with the high stiff collar and hood.

After a half hour of slapping paint on the walls and ceiling, one nun turned to the other and said "Look at my habit! I'm afraid I'll never get these stains out! It's ruined!"

The other nun wondered "Do you think it would be a sin to take off these habits just to finish this job?"

"The Holy Father is an awfully busy man" said the first nun "And I don't think he'll be back in his apartment until much later this evening."

With that, they stripped out of their habits and resumed painting in the nude. Suddenly there was a knock at the door! The nuns timidly asked "Who is it?"

The reply came back "It's the Blind Man."

Knowing that the Vatican is a place of hope and healing, and realizing that there were blind, deaf, disabled people all over the place, and figuring that if he's blind, what difference could it make, the nuns said "Come in."

With that, the door burst open and a middle aged Italian man entered exclaiming "Hey! Nice tits! Where do you want me to hang these blinds?"

Here i thought being Pope was a "for life" thing. Apparently Pope Bennie is the first to resign in 600 years.

the have alot of control over people in the world.

Anyone who cares about the world has to care about what the church is doing

BBC: Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month after nearly eight years as the head of the Catholic Church, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

The unexpected development - the first papal resignation in nearly 600 years - surprised governments, Vatican-watchers and even his closest aides.

The Vatican says it expects a new Pope to be elected before Easter.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger became Pope in 2005 after John Paul II's death.

With the Fall of Rome, now is the time for a new saviour for a new age.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0PD8PmvXs]The Fall of Rome: Our saviour Condoleezza Rice vs. The Pope - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
He may be setting a precident where Popes no longer serve while they are old and infirm

Doubt it.

It may be the path of the future

If you were Pope in the 17th century and became ill you might live a few weeks or months. With todays medicine, a geriatric Pope could last a decade or more after becoming ill.

The requirement to serve until you die may become a thing of the past

Are any of you people actually even Catholic?

Just wondering.

Not me.

And you got a funny tagline "Mind your own Business".

Ironically funny.

:eusa_whistle:

Why all the fuss over a defunct cult anyway?

And of you're not Catholic what the fuck do you care?

BTW I was raised in the cult of Catholicism but I had the good sense to get the fuck out.

Another Recovering Catholic, huh?

Just heard a news story that said only about a third of American catholics attend church/mass and European Catholics' attendance is in the teens.

OTOH, I have a neighbor who goes to mass every day. I guess that meas she really is "holier than thou".

He may be setting a precident where Popes no longer serve while they are old and infirm

Doubt it.

If you were Pope in the 17th century and became ill you might live a few weeks or months. With todays medicine, a geriatric Pope could last a decade or more after becoming ill.

You are seeing in in some Monarchies as well. For example the Dutch Queen abdicating in favor of her son, something her mother did for her.

Hey, if you're breathing and can snap your fingers you can pretty much handle Popehood. You're the Boss for crying out loud; you're God-like! Think of the babes. Heck, chicks wanna marry serial killers in prison all the time, so just imagine how many would wanna get it on with a guy as powerful as the Pope! Mount me and thrust, oh Holy Father...please, Your Holiness!!!...

Well if you have to miss out on the Brits' Royal Family Birth Lottery, the Pope gig is worth pursuing.

Are any of you people actually even Catholic?

Just wondering.

Not me.

And you got a funny tagline "Mind your own Business".

Ironically funny.

:eusa_whistle:

Why all the fuss over a defunct cult anyway?

And of you're not Catholic what the fuck do you care?

BTW I was raised in the cult of Catholicism but I had the good sense to get the fuck out.

You serious?

That "cult" holds a great deal of sway over our own government.

What do you think "faith based initiatives" are about.

Spending TAX DOLLARS.

Additionally they influence a great deal of legislation.

Gimme a break.

Seemed to be a boring and uncharasmatic old man. Hopefully we'll get a younger more open minded Pope to replace him.

Not that I have a dog or a God in this fight, but interesting.

BBC News - Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month in an unexpected development, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

He became Pope in 2005 following John Paul II's death.

Resignations from the papacy are not unknown, but this is the first in the modern era, which has been marked by pontiffs dying while in office.

At 78, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

Too bad our politicians dont display this kind of common sense as they age

Doubt it.

Funny, I feel the same way about our courts. Especially the scotus

Forum List

Back