Pope Benedict to Resign!

Hey, if you're breathing and can snap your fingers you can pretty much handle Popehood. You're the Boss for crying out loud; you're God-like! Think of the babes. Heck, chicks wanna marry serial killers in prison all the time, so just imagine how many would wanna get it on with a guy as powerful as the Pope! Mount me and thrust, oh Holy Father...please, Your Holiness!!!...

Well if you have to miss out on the Brits' Royal Family Birth Lottery, the Pope gig is worth pursuing.

Well, in defense of 80 plus folks, my dad will be 82 this April and as he's been getting older, he's become more tired & slow not to mention confusion in everyday simple tasks. He's been through a couple of surgeries and heart condition. So no one can presume to know the state of this man's health is in.

the pope has alot of power.

the next pope should open the vaults to the private papers of the church.

allow the public to see all their internal investigations into child abuse and who covered for who.

let jesus cleanse their souls so to say

Agreed. I am dying to see the original diaries of Christopher Columbus. The frickin' church could clear up a lot of controversy by opening up that Vatican library.

But then, half the cities on this continent, a good number of companies, schools, universities, etc. are all named of the man. If it really turns out he was a genocidal butcher, we have a lot of renaming to do, Starting with the District of Columbia. :cool:

Fuckin' Jesuits. Quit trying to control the planet for Christ's sake. Or for any god's sake that matter. God gave people the freedom to eat of the tree of knowledge, so you would think they could take the hint. :tongue: lol

I have an idea who they are tossing around in mind for the next pope. Did you know that "Liberation Theology" was originally a Jesuit Theology?
105688_600.jpg

Obama_Pope_01.jpg

Cardinal Angelo Sodano's Statement After Pope Announces Resgination

We listened to you with a sense of loss, almost in total disbelief. In your words we noticed the great affection that you have always had for the Holy Church of God, for this Church that you loved so much. Now allow me to tell you, in the name of this apostolic cenacle - the College of Cardinals - on behalf of these your dear colleagues, let me tell you that we are closer to you than ever, as we have been in these eight luminous years of your pontificate. On 19 April 2005, if I remember correctly, at the end of the Conclave I asked you, with trembling voice, "Do you accept your canonical election as Supreme Pontiff?", And you did not take long - albeit with trepidation - to respond by saying that you accepted, trusting in the Lord and in the maternal intercession of Mary, Mother of the Church. Like Mary, that day you gave your "yes" and thus began your luminous pontificate following in continuity, that continuity of which you have spoken to us so much in the history of the Church, in continuity with your 265 predecessors in the Chair of Peter, in the course of two thousand years of history, from the Apostle Peter, the humble fisherman of Galilee, up to the great popes of the last century, from St. Pius X to Blessed John Paul II. ... Holy Father, before February 28, as you said, the day you wish to put the word 'fine' over your pontifical service, performed with so much love, with humility, before February 28, we will have the opportunity to better express our feelings; as will many pastors and faithful throughout the world, as will so many people of good will along with the authorities of many countries. Then, in this month, too, we will have the joy of hearing your voice as shepherd on Ash Wednesday, then on Thursday, with the clergy of Rome, in the Angelus of these Sundays, at the Wednesday audiences; there will thus be many opportunities still to hear your fatherly voice .........

Cardinal Angelo Sodano's Statement After Pope Announces Resgination | ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome

Not me.

And you got a funny tagline "Mind your own Business".

Ironically funny.

:eusa_whistle:

Why all the fuss over a defunct cult anyway?

And of you're not Catholic what the fuck do you care?

BTW I was raised in the cult of Catholicism but I had the good sense to get the fuck out.

You serious?

That "cult" holds a great deal of sway over our own government.

What do you think "faith based initiatives" are about.

Spending TAX DOLLARS.

Additionally they influence a great deal of legislation.

Gimme a break.

So it's just the Catholic church huh?

FYI not all Christians are Catholic.

Seemed to be a boring and uncharasmatic old man. Hopefully we'll get a younger more open minded Pope to replace him.

Pope Benny did what was asked of him. Fill the position for a few years and stop the spread of liberalism in the Church

He has stacked the College of Cardinals with conservatives so it is unlikely that a more liberal Pope will be chosen.

The Church needs to move into the 20th Century (21st Century is asking too much) Women priests, elective celibacy,divorce and tolerance towards gays seem like obvious changes. But I doubt current church leadership will allow it

The Catholic Church should just stop being Catholic. Liberals want it.

The next Pope is likely to be Italian and just as devoted to Catholic orthodoxy than the last. The Catholic Church is not likely to follow the Espiscopalians and Presbyterians into splitting the church.

Why all the fuss over a defunct cult anyway?

And of you're not Catholic what the fuck do you care?

BTW I was raised in the cult of Catholicism but I had the good sense to get the fuck out.

You serious?

That "cult" holds a great deal of sway over our own government.

What do you think "faith based initiatives" are about.

Spending TAX DOLLARS.

Additionally they influence a great deal of legislation.

Gimme a break.

So it's just the Catholic church huh?

FYI not all Christians are Catholic.

And not all Catholics are Christian.

I'm not Catholic but I've already mailed my resume to the Vatican to see if I can get my foot in the door and possibly an interview. I'd make a great Pope.

The next Pope is likely to be Italian and just as devoted to Catholic orthodoxy than the last. The Catholic Church is not likely to follow the Espiscopalians and Presbyterians into splitting the church.

I say central or south american, with an outside shot at a US pope.

A US Pope! No. At one time, it was speculated that a US Pope might be Cardinal Mahony! Not so much anymore is it? There's a better chance of the next Pope being African. The next Pope is more likely to be Italian because the Church is anxious to move the Papacy back to Italy.

I doubt the Church would go with an American. Too Liberal and too political. They want a pope to keep the US in check

Mexico, Central America and South America are the future of the Church. It would be a wise selection. But I doubt if the conservative Cardinals are ready for some earth shaking

I would not be shocked if they went Italian again

They will not choose a Pope that will change the direction of the Church just to make a few liberals happy. Moving the Church left will split the Church just like its done to every other Church.

Forum List

Back