Pope Benedict to Resign!

I say central or south american, with an outside shot at a US pope.
I think an American pope is very unlikely. Many people around the world dislike what they see as American imperialism.

I predict a Latin American or African pope, maybe even a pope from Asia.

Probably not a European pope. Europe's native population is dying out. The continent is becoming more and more irrelevant.

I doubt if the Church will make any major changes under the new pope. One exception: the pope might allow bishops to ordain married men.

Too bad there's so much hate directed against Catholics. Most of the Catholics I've known have been great people who do a lot of charity work.

Really unfortunate typo in the last line here:

proxy.jpg

Not really funny but considering... Good find, PPV.

Don't all politicians and such taht resign give reasons of health and spending more time with the family to try and avoid a scandal for something they have done?
And since the pope has no family...

The Catholic Church should just stop being Catholic. Liberals want it.

The next Pope is likely to be Italian and just as devoted to Catholic orthodoxy than the last. The Catholic Church is not likely to follow the Espiscopalians and Presbyterians into splitting the church.

I doubt the Church would go with an American. Too Liberal and too political. They want a pope to keep the US in check

Mexico, Central America and South America are the future of the Church. It would be a wise selection. But I doubt if the conservative Cardinals are ready for some earth shaking

I would not be shocked if they went Italian again

those seem to be the only places left where the pews are packed anyway so to dismiss them would be an error on Rome's part.

I doubt the Church would go with an American. Too Liberal and too political. They want a pope to keep the US in check

Mexico, Central America and South America are the future of the Church. It would be a wise selection. But I doubt if the conservative Cardinals are ready for some earth shaking

I would not be shocked if they went Italian again

those seem to be the only places left where the pews are packed anyway so to dismiss them would be an error on Rome's part.

I agree

Europe is moving away from the Church and they are not strict adherents to Church doctrine. Same with the US

Most of the billion Catholics are no longer in the US or Europe

But I doubt if the Church gives a shit. They want the balance of power to reside in Rome

I think an American pope is very unlikely. Many people around the world dislike what they see as American imperialism.

Probably not a European pope. Europe's native population is dying out. The continent is becoming more and more irrelevant.

I doubt if the Church will make any major changes under the new pope. One exception: the pope might allow bishops to ordain married men.

Too bad there's so much hate directed against Catholics. Most of the Catholics I've known have been great people who do a lot of charity work.

American political imperialism doesn't exist in the Catholic Church. The irritated citizens don't get to vote. But, the child molestation in the American Catholic Church DOES and they won't let an American be Pope for that reason. For the same reason that although Europeans might be dying out, the replacement population is muslim and muslims have no say in the choosing of the next Pope again, for the same reason. The election of the Pope isn't a popular election in which all get to vote. The current state of the Catholic Church is that 25% of all cardinals are still Italian. The Church is growing fastest and strongest in Latin America and in Africa which are not inclined to liberal changes in the Church.

American political imperialism doesn't exist in the Catholic Church. The irritated citizens don't get to vote. But, the child molestation in the American Catholic Church DOES and they won't let an American be Pope for that reason. For the same reason that although Europeans might be dying out, the replacement population is muslim and muslims have no say in the choosing of the next Pope again, for the same reason. The election of the Pope isn't a popular election in which all get to vote. The current state of the Catholic Church is that 25% of all cardinals are still Italian. The Church is growing fastest and strongest in Latin America and in Africa which are not inclined to liberal changes in the Church.

So child molestation by catholics only happened in the USA?

yes Katzndogs. Is that what you're saying? :eusa_eh:

Cardinal Sodano says.......

Who cares what he says ?

He protected notorious pedophile Marcial Maciel for years.

Report Reveals Close Ties Between Vatican Cardinal and Disgraced Legion Founder Maciel

From article:

(not speculation anymore....Fact)

Speculation is growing about the future of former Vatican Secretary of State, Angelo Sodano, in the wake of revelations about the financial dealings of the late Fr. Marcial Maciel Degollado, the founder and spiritual guru of the Legionaries of Christ – a Roman Catholic religious order. An exposé of Maciel’s activities by the leftist Catholic paper National Catholic Reporter (NCR), claims that much of the support and protection he received from the Vatican stemmed from his astonishing talent as a fundraiser and dispenser of massive “largesse” to key members of the Vatican curia.

Some are speculating that the revelations may force the long-retired Sodano to resign as the Dean of the College of Cardinals, a post that is officially mostly ceremonial, but still carries significant influence.

The immense and disturbing two-part investigative report by NCR’s Jason Berry points damning fingers not only at Maciel, but at the high-level Vatican officials, especially Sodano, who allegedly protected and supported him, long after credible allegations of misconduct had begun to surface.

Maciel, described recently by Ross Douthat in an op-ed in the New York Times as a “sexually voracious sociopath,” has been revealed to have been a drug addict and the father of several children by different women, and to have been guilty of long-denied homosexual molestation of seminarians.

Berry writes that since the end of World War II, Maciel had “sent streams of money to Roman curia officials with a calculated end,” which, according to “many sources interviewed by NCR” was that of “buying support for his group and defense for himself, should his astounding secret life become known.”

Now.....how much of this did Pope Benedict know ?......A LOT....and he knew about it when he was Cardinal.

Read this from the review of the HBO Documentary that just premiered This Month ! and then ask yourself what you think is the real reason this pope is resigning:

Gibney takes great pains to point out that every sex abuse case, including Murphy's, went directly to the office of then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith from 1981 until 2005 and now Pope Benedict XVI. Yet year after year, known pedophiles such as Murphy were allowed to remain free and to remain priests, often in parishes where they had access to children. It was only after Kouhut and other victims filed a civil suit against the Vatican, that the church was forced to release documents making it clear that in many cases officials knew about the abuse and refused to act.

The message of "Mea Maxima Culpa" is clear: No member of the hierarchy of the Catholic Church is innocent in this almost unbelievably ubiquitous wave of abuse, and certainly not the man who sits in his cloak of infallibility at its head.

But it took the courage of a few literally voiceless men to finally say so.

Here's the link to that documentary review again....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-st-mea-maxima-culpa-20130204,0,6297138.story

Last edited:

yes Katzndogs. Is that what you're saying? :eusa_eh:

That's not what I said. It is what you saw. The majority of cases occurred in the US Ireland also had quite a few cases. For what ever reason Priest molestation is indelibly linked with the United States.

Nahh, it's endemic in Church culture. But only in the U.S. and Ireland where the commoner is used to democratic rights do they speak out for those rights. The rest of the patriarchal dominion the plebes know their place.

Child molestation isn't just about, sex, it is about power. It is a patriarchal thing. It is about fear and control. Children that are abused tow the line. Women listen to their husbands, husbands listen to their priests, children listen to their parents. Children that are bullies cease being bullies. It is a way to bring the community under control of the Church. The community benefits, the individual is scarred for life.

Alter boys are sort of like the eyes and ears of the priest with in the play community of the children. But they are the ones that disappear as the children grow into adulthood. The Catholic children never know where they ship the little Catholic children spies off to. Maybe to Italy to join the mob or Opus Dei? :eek: Who the hell knows.

Will Benedict have a vote in the College of Cardinals?

No, because he no longer holds the position of Cardinal.
He's read St. Malachi like the rest of them, they are all leaving town just to be on the safe side. No one will be home all this month and probably in November as well. :eek:

Nostradamus - Quatrains
Century 2, Quatrain 41

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPtbwRQnVxs]NBC News Asteroid 2012 DA14 Might Hit Earth... - YouTube[/ame]

600px-2012da14-news174.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_DA14

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umXkvZBY3YI]COMET ISON INBOUND! OCTOBER 2013 C/2012 S1 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back