Pope Benedict to Resign!

The majority of cases occurred in the US Ireland also had quite a few cases. For what ever reason Priest molestation is indelibly linked with the United States.
Take an anthropology class. It has more to do with the culture of the people and how the Church affects that culture.

You are being obtuse if you really believe that there are no cases or not an equal number of cases in other nations and cultures. In cultures with out a history of civil rights and civil liberties, people standing up and leveling charges against authority figures in civil institutions, especially ones central to social structure, the family, and the nation is a crime greater than the violation of ones person, private and sexual autonomy. Only in democratic western nations do we value an individuals rights more than the power and prestige of the institution.

In other nations, leveling charges against leaders of the Church, is akin to indicting the Church. The person who will be shamed will not be the accused, it will be the accuser, so what is to be gained by revealing past incidents of sexual abuse?

Are any of you people actually even Catholic?

Just wondering.

Lapsed Catholic, but no real hostility to the religion or religion in general.

Ex-Catholic here. I even taught religion @ St. Rose of Lima Catholic School. Being witness to behind the scenes Catholicism cured me of it.

Regards from Rosie

Get over yourself. Being a Catholic School Teacher isn't anything "behind the scenes."

Uncle Ferd says, "Yea...

... dey puttin' him out to stud...

... fer all his years o' bein' a good Pope...

... he gonna be cloistered inna monestary...

... with a buncha nuns...

... gonna have a buncha lil' Popes.
:cool:

In other words you are assuming.
Not really. The Roman Catholic Dogma is a miasmatic control paradigm. It has been largely controlled and bent to the will of the Jesuits. At least since the French Revolution. What I have said is the truth.

Does it matter if there is a new Pope? Not one whit. I don't give a shit, it isn't news. Although I may not pay attention to what goes on in that organization as much as we all should, because they are the most powerful organization on Earth, I still do know what goes on. I don't assume anything. If I don't know, I look it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_sex_abuse_cases_by_country

Should they replace the Superior General of the Society of Jesus, Reverend Father Adolfo Nicolás, now that will be news! If someone catches wind of that occurring and I'm not paying attention, post it! With out his blessing, Obama doesn't run for office, Romney doesn't run for office. Presidents and Kings don't make a move with out his say so. Things will shift around in the Bilderburg meetings, and all sorts of policies might change, including our domestic policies. Some people here actually argue about "Democrats" and "Republicans" like these to puppet groups matter. Whatever. Bread and Circuses. Rome has been doing it a long long time. :cool:

Even this forum. Ever so faint. . . between these links up top of the page. . . what do you
"Home User CP Active Topics Community New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out"

see there in between these links? Could it be "god bless america?" Do you think Jefferson, Hamilton, Washington, or Lincoln. . . Men who vehemently fought against the Jesuits would appreciate linking a Jesuit creed with America? It is one thing to be Christian, quite another to subvert your nation to Rome's ideal of "god."

alsmith19n-1-web.jpg

They will not choose a Pope that will change the direction of the Church just to make a few liberals happy. Moving the Church left will split the Church just like its done to every other Church.

John XXIII was thought to be a placeholder, a safe choice in a divided Conclave, and not even a Cardinal!

He brought about Vatican II, the largest reform of the Catholic Church ever.

Not really. The Roman Catholic Dogma is a miasmatic control paradigm. It has been largely controlled and bent to the will of the Jesuits. At least since the French Revolution. What I have said is the truth.

Does it matter if there is a new Pope? Not one whit. I don't give a shit, it isn't news. Although I may not pay attention to what goes on in that organization as much as we all should, because they are the most powerful organization on Earth, I still do know what goes on. I don't assume anything. If I don't know, I look it up.

Should they replace the Superior General of the Society of Jesus, Reverend Father Adolfo Nicolás, now that will be news! If someone catches wind of that occurring and I'm not paying attention, post it! With out his blessing, Obama doesn't run for office, Romney doesn't run for office. Presidents and Kings don't make a move with out his say so. Things will shift around in the Bilderburg meetings, and all sorts of policies might change, including our domestic policies. Some people here actually argue about "Democrats" and "Republicans" like these to puppet groups matter. Whatever. Bread and Circuses. Rome has been doing it a long long time. :cool:

Even this forum. Ever so faint. . . between these links up top of the page. . . what do you

see there in between these links? Could it be "god bless america?" Do you think Jefferson, Hamilton, Washington, or Lincoln. . . Men who vehemently fought against the Jesuits would appreciate linking a Jesuit creed with America? It is one thing to be Christian, quite another to subvert your nation to Rome's ideal of "god."

alsmith19n-1-web.jpg

^^^Nutter

Good riddance, is all I can say.

Sorry, but I loathed the man.

He did more to heal the Church and the Catholic community than many thought was possible. He refocused the intent of the Church and spotlighted the duty all Catholics have to serve humanity, not just the Catholic culture.

You wouldn't know this unless you were one whom accepted his challenge. You're too busy dwelling in the past.

They will not choose a Pope that will change the direction of the Church just to make a few liberals happy. Moving the Church left will split the Church just like its done to every other Church.

John XXIII was thought to be a placeholder, a safe choice in a divided Conclave, and not even a Cardinal!

Which makes an uncomfortable claim to infallibility. :eusa_shhh:

Good riddance, is all I can say.

Sorry, but I loathed the man.

He did more to heal the Church and the Catholic community than many thought was possible. He refocused the intent of the Church and spotlighted the duty all Catholics have to serve humanity, not just the Catholic culture.

You wouldn't know this unless you were one whom accepted his challenge. You're too busy dwelling in the past.

He did nothing about the sex abuse within the church.

Synthaholic wrote: He's too pooped to Pope!
:redface:
Vatican: Pope too weary at his age for the job
Feb 11,`13 -- When he became pope at age 78, Benedict XVI was already the oldest pontiff elected in nearly 300 years. He's now 85, and in recent years he has slowed down significantly, cutting back his foreign travel and limiting his audiences.
The pope travels to the altar in St. Peter's Basilica on a moving platform to spare him the 100-yard (-meter) walk down the aisle. Occasionally he uses a cane. Late last year, people who were spending time with the pontiff emerged saying they found him weak and too tired to engage with what they were saying. The Vatican stressed on Monday that no specific medical condition prompted Benedict's decision to become the first pontiff to resign in 600 years. Still, Benedict said his advanced age means he no longer has the necessary physical strength to lead the world's more than one billion Roman Catholics.

That Benedict is tired would be a perfectly normal diagnosis for an 85-year-old pope, even someone with no known serious health problems and a still-agile mind. He has acknowledged having suffered a hemorrhagic stroke in 1991 that temporarily affected his vision, but he later made a full recovery. In 2009, the pope fell and suffered minor injuries when he broke one of his wrists while vacationing in the Alps.

A doctor familiar with the pope's medical team told The Associated Press on Monday that the pontiff has no grave or life-threatening illnesses. But, the doctor said, the pope - like many men his age - has suffered some prostate problems. Beyond that, the pope is simply old and tired, the doctor said on condition of anonymity. According to the pope's brother Georg Ratzinger, the pontiff was told by his doctor not to take any more trans-Atlantic trips. In fact, the pontiff's only foreign trip this year was scheduled to be a July visit to Brazil for the church's World Youth Day.

Experts weren't surprised the pope's health problems were slowing him down. "In someone who's 85 and has arthritis, the activities of being a pope will be a struggle," said Dr. Alan Silman, the medical director of Arthritis Research U.K. He said Pope Benedict most likely has osteoarthritis, which causes people to lose the cartilage at the end of their joints, making it difficult to move around without pain. "It would be painful for him to kneel while he's praying and could be excruciating when he tries to get up again," Silman said, adding that for people with arthritis, even standing for long periods of time can be challenging.

MORE

Are any of you people actually even Catholic?

Just wondering.

I was brought up Catholic, and a lot of my relatives are practicing catholics and a couple even work for Church-related industries. (The Catholic Church, like all religions, is really a business, after all. A scam, but still a business.) So it's like hearing my relatives got a new CEO.

My own feelings are that Ratzinger was an awful pick, because he had no intention of modernizing the church. He was also hip deep in the coverup of child molestation by priests and how the Church covered that shit up.

Here's the thing. In Europe, they are becoming less and less religious, and American Catholics are treating the pope more and more like a senile uncle. The Catholic Church is relevent in the third world shitholes they take the stuff seriously...

Yes, the infallibility thing always was a question. I can't wait until the selection process, I love the mysterious things about the Church. It's so big and blessed and wonderful, imo. I never could stop believing fully. Those religion classes took hold.

Still wondering how he gets to quit tho..

Yes, the infallibility thing always was a question. I can't wait until the selection process, I love the mysterious things about the Church. It's so big and blessed and wonderful, imo. I never could stop believing fully. Those religion classes took hold.

Actually, Papal Infallibility was codified in Vatican I. Because Pius IX was totally in the dumps when Garibaldi took Rome and the Cardinals were trying to cheer him up. He then went about cutting all the dicks off the classical statues.

Seriously, you can't make this shit up.

alsmith19n-1-web.jpg

^^^Nutter

Sorry to hear about your mental and spiritual conditioning. Did it start at an early or late stage in life? Perhaps you are one of those poor children they have physically abused?

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/lincoln.htm

John Adams writes:
"I do not like the reappearance of the Jesuits… Shall we not have regular swarms of them here, in as many disguises as only a king of the gypsies can assume, dressed as printers, publishers, writers and schoolmasters? If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal perdition on earth and in Hell, it is this society of Loyola's. Nevertheless, we are compelled by our system of religious toleration to offer them an asylum."
(Taken directly from a Jesuit site)
http://marquette.edu/president/speeches-addresses-2012-jesuit-education.php

Jefferson responds (highly suppressed and difficult to find knowledge)
"Like you, I disapprove of the restoration of the Jesuits, for it means a step backwards from light into darkness...."
(The Power and Secret of the Jesuits, Rene Fulop-Miller, 390)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/30408550/Quotes-About-the-Jesuit-Order-From-Famous-People

Actually, Papal Infallibility was codified in Vatican I. Because Pius IX was totally in the dumps when Garibaldi took Rome and the Cardinals were trying to cheer him up. He then went about cutting all the dicks off the classical statues.

Wow.

Wow.

I was being irreverent (as is my wont), but that's actually a pretty good summary of the Papacy of Pius IX.

While Vatican I codified Papal Infallibility, the theory has been around a lot longer than that.

Forum List

Back