Pope Benedict to Resign!

Good riddance, is all I can say.

Sorry, but I loathed the man.

He did more to heal the Church and the Catholic community than many thought was possible. He refocused the intent of the Church and spotlighted the duty all Catholics have to serve humanity, not just the Catholic culture.

You wouldn't know this unless you were one whom accepted his challenge. You're too busy dwelling in the past.

He did nothing about the sex abuse within the church.

Not only did he not do anything about it, it is disengenious to say that he "healed" the Church. He is the one responsible for destroying the Church. If the global elite wanted to usher in a "NWO" and ecumenical oneness by destroying the Church, then the Jesuits couldn't have picked a better guy to be Pope. It was this fool who was responsible for the whole child sex abuse scandal. His policy was to cover it up, shuffle the priests around, and shut the victims up. He is the epitome of arrogance and evil. How quickly the public forgets. He was in charge of this when he was a cardinal.

Pope 'led cover-up of child abuse by priests'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-407808/Pope-led-cover-child-abuse-priests.html
In 2001, while he was a cardinal, he issued a secret Vatican edict to Catholic bishops all over the world, instructing them to put the Church's interests ahead of child safety.

. . . and . . . .

Five years ago he sent out an updated version of the notorious 1962 Vatican document Crimen Sollicitationis - Latin for The Crime of Solicitation - which laid down the Vatican's strict instructions on covering up sexual scandal. It was regarded as so secret that it came with instructions that bishops had to keep it locked in a safe at all times.

Cardinal Ratzinger reinforced the strict cover-up policy by introducing a new principle: that the Vatican must have what it calls Exclusive Competence. In other words, he commanded that all child abuse allegations should be dealt with direct by Rome.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESCOJVkTrMQ]Emperor Papaltine - YouTube[/ame]

They will not choose a Pope that will change the direction of the Church just to make a few liberals happy. Moving the Church left will split the Church just like its done to every other Church.

John XXIII was thought to be a placeholder, a safe choice in a divided Conclave, and not even a Cardinal!

He brought about Vatican II, the largest reform of the Catholic Church ever.

Which makes an uncomfortable claim to infallibility. :eusa_shhh:

No it doesn't, but it's useless discussing that point with someone that only has an interest in being critical of people with faith.

Good riddance, is all I can say.

Sorry, but I loathed the man.

He did more to heal the Church and the Catholic community than many thought was possible. He refocused the intent of the Church and spotlighted the duty all Catholics have to serve humanity, not just the Catholic culture.

You wouldn't know this unless you were one whom accepted his challenge. You're too busy dwelling in the past.

He did nothing about the sex abuse within the church.

So you say and will continue to believe regardless of what anyone who disagrees with you says.

As evidence of a new attitude Benedict fostered, Wister pointed to the recent letter by Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles stripping his predecessor, Cardinal Roger Mahony, of public duties in the archdiocese after documents were released detailing Mahony's efforts to keep information about pedophile priests out of the hands of authorities.

"It's hard to imagine that Archbishop Gomez's comments about Cardinal Mahony were not cleared by the Vatican at the highest levels, and that's unprecedented," Wister said.

Critics, though, say that both as cardinal and later as pope, Benedict failed to act quickly or strongly enough on sexual abuse cases, despite knowledge of the depth of the problem and some bishops' practice of hiding sexual abuse cases from civil authorities.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-pope-sex-abuse-20130212,0,6881369.story

It's fair to say he didn't do enough to satisfy the critics. He's a lie to say he did nothing.

Last edited:
Pope resigns: Peter Turkson reveals vision for the Church and 'alternative lifestyles' - Telegraph

Elsewhere there has been speculation that this man might be the next Pope.

'He told The Daily Telegraph Tuesday that his biggest challenge, should he be elected, would be to maintain an orthodox Catholic doctrine while "at the same time knowing how to apply it so that you do not become irrelevant in a world that has continuous changes". '

I could certainly support his goal. Not a Catholic, fyi. Just 'perplexed' by some beliefs.

Last edited:
Pope resigns: Peter Turkson reveals vision for the Church and 'alternative lifestyles' - Telegraph

There certainly has. That would make the Papal Prophesy entirely too creepy.

clearly I am out of 'the loop'--not unusual.

off to try to inform myself.

~~
eta:
ok--never heard of this--and I will reflect upon it.

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy...geddon-follow-as-predicted-video-2448414.html

'Malachy's prophecies are taken very seriously as they've been uncannily accurate to date. Will the Catholic Church get its first black pope? Will "Peter the Roman" lead us into the End Times? These questions are set to be answered by Easter, which comes this year at the end of March, when the papal conclave announces their decision.'

Last edited:
Hindsight does clarify perspective. It seems clear (to me at least) that the RC Church made a major blunder after Vatican II when the Curia and subsequent popes decided to pull back from modernization and respond with ideological crack-downs in the belief that a more tightly disciplined (if smaller) Church was the way to ride out the storm of modern ideas. That is exactly the same mistake Rome made with Martin Luther.

The RCC is now out of priests and out of money. Around the world, the faithful are abandoning the Church in droves, some for the thrill of evangelical Christian practice, others for secular agnosticism, and they are taking their money and their kids with them.

There is no way out of this box canyon except to back up to 1962, admit that profound internal reform and modernization are the Will of God and get cracking. Alas, a majority of the elderly white cardinals who will elect the new pope are frozen in the same old dogmas as Benny 16, who gave them their red hats. The RCC is locked into a rigid bureaucratic paralysis not unlike that which brought down the old USSR. Without some unforeseen intervention, the end result is likely to be very much the same.

'He told The Daily Telegraph Tuesday that his biggest challenge, should he be elected, would be to maintain an orthodox Catholic doctrine while "at the same time knowing how to apply it so that you do not become irrelevant in a world that has continuous changes". '

I could certainly support his goal. Not a Catholic, fyi. Just 'perplexed' by some beliefs.

Never happen. His name is Peter, and he's very rabidly anti-Muslim.

Never happen. His name is Peter, and he's very rabidly anti-Muslim.

good to know. I didn't read the article very closely. So, because his name is Peter people have concluded he is 'The Peter' of the prophecy. I remember thinking--that the Pope is given a religious name when he is chosen--and that wasn't discussed.

My religious affiliation is Protestant. Perplexing enough.

It would stir rumors and could incite fear in some, which is the last thing the church wants.

I wish them well.

Is it true that the Cardinals must choose a Pope by Easter?

I read a little bit of an article yesterday but didn't get that far. I thought it generally took much longer.

It has been known to take up to a year to choose a pope. However, in this case(I'm assuming he's very quietly planned to step down for awhile) the cardinals have said they plan a very speedy transfer and are looking to have a new pope by Easter.

"To maintain an orthodox Catholic doctrine while at the same time knowing how to apply it so that you do not become irrelevant in a world that has continuous changes" is one of those impossible promises that politicians seeking election toss out with wild abandon. It promises everything to everybody without cost or pain to anybody. The who makes such a promise is a bounder.

Orthodox doctrine and continuous changes are not two independent variables to be juggled around until everyone is happy, they are two forces in direct opposition. Technology has profoundly changed women's lives (to take just one example) effecting everything from economics to gynecology. Orthodox Catholic doctrine about women priests or contraception cannot be tweaked to accommodate the world modern women live in, it must be replaced. Similar irreconcilable differences exist in other areas as well. The gerontocracy of the Curia cannot distinguish between the teachings of Christ and the handbook of regulations put together over the course of a millennium by gentlemen who never saw a lightbulb. This task is beyond the Curia today because these rich old men in silk dresses think the administration is the Church. This is the heresy of papism and it must be stamped out if the decline is to be halted.

Last edited:
An imaginary office with imaginary powers and delusions of grandeur will now change hands.

Isn't reality delightful as a form of amusement? And so much more original than fiction.
When it changes hands the #1 contender should be
JERRY SANDUSKY
\ he is a catholic from irish/polish stock and a child molester
Should fit in perfectly
and oh yes he,s fucking old

It has been known to take up to a year to choose a pope. However, in this case(I'm assuming he's very quietly planned to step down for awhile) the cardinals have said they plan a very speedy transfer and are looking to have a new pope by Easter.

Another John Paul II would be great

I am not optimistic.

Forum List

Back