Pork Butt.

Got a nice 5 lb. Pork Butt on the pit this morning.
Now for the 10 hour wait.
View attachment 465108
Hard to believe that has 10 hours to go. If it already looks like that, it will probably be a crisp in 10. hours.

Ya want it to look like this....the bark has a shit ton of flavor in it.
Ya try and get a bit of it into every sandwich.
It's not burned when you cook at 250 it's the caramelization of the sugars in the rub and the smoke.
View attachment 465125
Oven: 200 seems to be ideal for pulled, IMO
View attachment 466333

Did this at 225 ambient

Thats not BBQ.
And thats all I'm gonna say about it.
I did mention it was not BBQ. So no further comment would be necessary.

View attachment 465108
Hard to believe that has 10 hours to go. If it already looks like that, it will probably be a crisp in 10. hours.

Ya want it to look like this....the bark has a shit ton of flavor in it.
Ya try and get a bit of it into every sandwich.
It's not burned when you cook at 250 it's the caramelization of the sugars in the rub and the smoke.
View attachment 465125
Oven: 200 seems to be ideal for pulled, IMO
View attachment 466333

Did this at 225 ambient

Thats not BBQ.
And thats all I'm gonna say about it.
I did mention it was not BBQ. So no further comment would be necessary.

True enough.
The temp is accurate.

Smoker gets lit this weekend. I have a good 12-15 butts and shoulders in the freeze (yeah my pigs went to freezer camp) . 3 racks. 2 per. 1 pan smoke. Water in a pan over the heat. Keep apple juice wet in the pork pans (I use disposable alum pans, maybe 12x16" or so) I'll do one a batch mustard BBQ and a tom based barbecue for 6 more butts. I seal a meal about 1.25-1.50 # bags. Try rolling out some bisquit dough in a can, press in muffin tins, add pulled pork and a little cheese OK. Bout 10 min cook. Darn good appetizers

View attachment 465108
Somewhere here I have written about the underrated and often overlooked amazingness of Pork Shoulder.
When cooked right, it is one of the best cuts of meat, of any animal. And absolutely nothing is more versatile and gives you a bang for your buck than this cut.

Pulled Pork Carnitas I made........ life changing goodness.

Carnitas.jpg

View attachment 465108
Somewhere here I have written about the underrated and often overlooked amazingness of Pork Shoulder.
When cooked right, it is one of the best cuts of meat, of any animal. And absolutely nothing is more versatile and gives you a bang for your buck than this cut.

View attachment 468007
20210124_190001.jpg

View attachment 465108

View attachment 468007
tacos are my go to with pork butts

View attachment 465108

View attachment 468007

Yeah...ya cant beat a good pork butt.
It's cheap and good!
Kinda like brisket used to be,now brisket is crazy expensive for the cut it is,especially when you consider what a pain in the ass it is to cook.
While a pork butt is simple.

New Topics

Forum List

Back