Possible to ignore a Mod?

I'm doing my best to drown out those on here who routinely only insult or make baseless claims, from both sides.

One of the moderators does this, and fills up every page with stuff I'm trying to avoid, as I seek calm, thoughtful, rational discourse.

Yet, I'm unable to ignore them, and they're bogging down all the threads and replies I'm in.

Can I put a Mod on ignore? If not, why not.
How do ya even know who the Mods are? They got a tag on their Avatar?

Yes

a blue bar that says 'Moderator'.

Where is yours?

Currently, I'm undercover

Who are you under the covers with......

I'm doing my best to drown out those on here who routinely only insult or make baseless claims, from both sides.

One of the moderators does this, and fills up every page with stuff I'm trying to avoid, as I seek calm, thoughtful, rational discourse.

Yet, I'm unable to ignore them, and they're bogging down all the threads and replies I'm in.

Yes, but first you need to send them dic pics. Seriously.

:auiqs.jpg: The mods are gods deal with it.

Only in this universe

Nope. You can't ignore us.

The sad part is that we have to pay attention to idiot posters all the time.
Actually you can. I dont have to read them, and I can scroll past them
Yeah,people can always put them on ignore thst way,I do thst with a couple of them here.never read their babble they post to me.

Below it. But they also have socks they post with.

Socks?

I've posted wearing gloves, but never socks

Sometimes MeBelle posts wearing nothing but socks!

1623353556307.png

I'm a moderator

:banana: :desk::smoke::desk::banana:

You can put me on ignore

*****CHUCKLE*****

:banana: :desk::smoke::desk::banana:

Socks?

Those mohair leggings that went all the way to her hips were socks?

I just thought she was French.

I know, that's why I put the annoying mod socks on ignore
Didn't know they COULD be ignored.

Socks?

MeBelle is the best one.

I don't think the reason for not being able to ignore a mod has been pointed out in this thread.

Part of a mod's job is to keep things running and to correct rules violation. Often that means posting things to those in a thread. As much as we see people complaining that they were singled out for punishment, it would be far worse if people complain that they did not see the warnings because they have the mods on ignore.

I don't think the reason for not being able to ignore a mod has been pointed out in this thread.

Part of a mod's job is to keep things running and to correct rules violation. Often that means posting things to those in a thread. As much as we see people complaining that they were singled out for punishment, it would be far worse if people complain that they did not see the warnings because they have the mods on ignore.

Hmmmm

Since you brought up what a moderator does, I am hoping I can comment without being banned.

I think if you guys were to announce that you would just take a week off. Lets say from Labor Day to the following Monday...there wouldn't be much of an obvious change in the experience one has on here. Ya'll allow posts about pedophilia. I am dubious that the board could delve much more into the area of disgust.

As for rule violations....

You make rules then refuse to enforce them. Like there is a thread called "Shove your insurrection" that has been on the Politics thread for about 3 weeks now. I made one called "Shove your blog". It gets moved to the basement.

I asked why...no response. Clearly there is a right wing bias in SOME moderators--I would assert the majority of moderators--some seem to be fans of people storming the capitol building when elections don't go their way which is a different kettle of fish. Else, why is one in Zone 2 and the other moved? Gee, do you think we have enough threads on the Insurrection already? So the redundancy of threads of the ex President's blog being cancelled couldn't be it.

So announce a mod-free week and see where the board is after that week. I doubt many could tell the difference in the before and after.

Hmmmm

Since you brought up what a moderator does, I am hoping I can comment without being banned.

I think if you guys were to announce that you would just take a week off. Lets say from Labor Day to the following Monday...there wouldn't be much of an obvious change in the experience one has on here. Ya'll allow posts about pedophilia. I am dubious that the board could delve much more into the area of disgust.

You make rules then refuse to enforce them. Like there is a thread called "Shove your insurrection" that has been on the Politics thread for about 3 weeks now. I made one called "Shove your blog". It gets moved to the basement.

I asked why...no response. Clearly there is a right wing bias in SOME moderators--I would assert the majority of moderators--some seem to be fans of people storming the capitol building when elections don't go their way which is a different kettle of fish. Else, why is one in Zone 2 and the other moved? Gee, do you think we have enough threads on the Insurrection already? So the redundancy of threads of the ex President's blog being cancelled couldn't be it.

So announce a mod-free week and see where the board is after that week. I doubt many could tell the difference in the before and after.

You are welcome to your opinion. But I know that I answer at least 10 complaints a day. Some of them I answer with "No Action", but not all. I know others mods who do more than I do.

And there are probably a dozen spam attacks every day.

No, you would certainly be able to tell there were no mods. But I am willing to have a Mod Free Weekend, if other mods want it.

Socks?

MeBelle is the best one.
She and Kat, definitely

Don't Taz Me Bro specifically moved a thread of mine to the Badlands, for the express purpose of trolling me on it, when there was no reason to move it in the first place.

I wish there was a feature where we could ignore a mod like him, and then this mod could counteract the ignore with a post that would be seen by the person who has them on ignore, such as relaying relevant information to the poster if they are breaking forum rules, but NOT to express their particular viewpoint on something they have posted.

That would be a nice compromise that is workable.

Don't Taz Me Bro specifically moved a thread of mine to the Badlands, for the express purpose of trolling me on it, when there was no reason to move it in the first place.
You mean the thread you created to purposely troll all the conservatives on the board and now your own words are being used to make a fool out of you? Is that the thread you're talking about?

Hmmmm

You are welcome to your opinion. But I know that I answer at least 10 complaints a day. Some of them I answer with "No Action", but not all. I know others mods who do more than I do.

No, you would certainly be able to tell there were no mods. But I am willing to have a Mod Free Weekend, if other mods want it.
Noooo Mathew and Connor would spam the place down

I wish there was a feature where we could ignore a mod like him, and then this mod could counteract the ignore with a post that would be seen by the person who has them on ignore, such as relaying relevant information to the poster if they are breaking forum rules, but NOT to express their particular viewpoint on something they have posted.

That would be a nice compromise that is workable.

Are you so weak you can't ignore someone's posts without the ignore button?

You mean the thread you created to purposely troll all the conservatives on the board and now your own words are being used to make a fool out of you? Is that the thread you're talking about?

And you just proved my point. You're an "activist" mod who abuses his authority. A shame you can't be ignored.

Hmmmm

Please bring it up.

I doubt anyone would be able to tell...keep it on the down low though so people won't change their behavior. If/when it happens, come in the following Monday and point out the dozens of actions you would have taken that you didn't.

Hmmmm

Please bring it up.

I doubt anyone would be able to tell...keep it on the down low though so people won't change their behavior. If/when it happens, come in the following Monday and point out the dozens of actions you would have taken that you didn't.

Bring it up? At our next Heroic Mod and Biased Assholes Soiree?

Forum List

Back