Post-2020 impact on future expections of election officials

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
The post-election activities these last 6 months brings to my mind the way things have gone in sports where the fans expectation of everything needing to be absolutely perfect has brought in the use of instant replay and calls from stadiums to New York to ascertain the result of some plays. It occurs to me our elections expectations have now reached the point where we demand every "t" crossed and "i" dotted. We're sure not going to get anywhere near that from the amateurs we currently use to handle things.

With the raised level of expectations, I suspect we'll see extensive training and certification being required of all election workers. Additionally with the infrequency of our elections the only way to attain and maintain this level will require elimination of polling places and centralized handling through ballots being collected through the mail and drop boxes. There's no other realistic way, is there?

Post-2020 impact on future expectations of election officials is that when a Republican candidate loses an election, there’s nothing elections officials can say or do to satisfy Republicans; Republicans will always trot out the ‘fraud’ election lie.

The expectation that cheating not extend itself into the tens-of-millions column across numerous states isn't demanding perfection.

The thead definitiely went over your head. Go back to the sports analogy. Replay isn't used for cheating but rather to determine if a football catch is complete or incomplete? Whether a baseball went over the fence for a home run or not? Was the base runner safe or out? Etc.

The thread is about new expectations losers have for election standards and controls. Standards and controls any audit will identify that I doubt can be maintained by our present distributed election process run through amateurs.
Fast foods joints may be able to maintain consistency, but infrequent elections? No way.

2020 voting centers in metro-Phoenix area of Maricopa County.

1621705949072.png

Forum List

Back