danielpalos

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2015
Alta California, federalist.
Here are a couple of
IMG_20190616_095758.jpg
IMG_20190620_163748.jpg
pics taken with the camera on my cell phone:

I'd say it was a bloom. Hell, they take better pictures than the pocket 110 years ago and you don't have to pay to get them developed. I always used a 35mm and developed my own... I use digital cameras and videos cameras and man compared to my first video camera in 1980 that was around twenty five pounds the new ones are sure nice and light.

I'd say it was a bloom. Hell, they take better pictures than the pocket 110 years ago and you don't have to pay to get them developed. I always used a 35mm and developed my own... I use digital cameras and videos cameras and man compared to my first video camera in 1980 that was around twenty five pounds the new ones are sure nice and light.

I have a bunch of rolls of film and I'm really curious what's on them. They're probably twenty years old. I keep tlling myself I have to find a place that still develops them but then I end up forgetting and time keeps on passing by.

I have a bunch of rolls of film and I'm really curious what's on them. They're probably twenty years old. I keep tlling myself I have to find a place that still develops them but then I end up forgetting and time keeps on passing by.

A professional color lab, Costco or just about any pharmacy will develop film.

I sold my Olympus OM2n a few years ago.

Even though I rarely use it, I'm never going to give up my 1972-vintage Nikon F2.

One nice thing about Nikon is that they've used the same lens mount since the 1959 F. The lenses that I have for my F2, all of them early 1970s or older, all work fine on my D3200.

I have an F2. Great camera. It's packed away now. Has not been used for years.

My favorite film camera is the FM-2. The work horse of the Nikon line. Fantastic camera. It's also packed away.

Yes a film lens will work on a digital body but you need to add about 40% to it. So your wide angle 28mm lens will no longer be a wide angle.

The only thing I really miss for now is zoom. I have to get close or else have a wider shot than I wanted. I suppose I should learn how to increase the size digitally and crop.

The only thing I really miss for now is zoom. I have to get close or else have a wider shot than I wanted. I suppose I should learn how to increase the size digitally and crop.

You miss a real camera. You will never be able to get the photos with the quality you want using a cell phone.

This is just a sample of what you can do with flowers with a real camera. At least what I can do.
Flower#226.jpg
Flower#208.jpg
Flower#72.jpg
Flower#69.jpg

I must be honest here.

I'm a professional photographer.

Not the type that does weddings or stuff like that. I'm retired now but spent 35 years photographing the greatest musicians of my lifetime.

I was the photographer for the Champs De Brionne Winery, MCA Universal Concerts, The House of Blues Concerts, Rolling Stone Magazine, MTV/VH1 and Getty Images/Wireimage. I was also the photographer for one of the largest film festivals in America for nearly a decade. I'm technically still employed with Getty. I haven't done a job in a few years. They sell my work for me.

I've been published in every publication on the planet from Forbes Magazine to Rolling Stone Magazine to The New York Times and everything in between. I've worked on TV so called reality shows. My work is used in movies, Showtime, HBO, DVDs and CDs.

The list of where my work is used and the jobs I've done over the years is just way to long to list.

It's not fair to compare my photos to anyone else's. Especially photos taken on a cell phone.

I'm sorry, I should have been honest up front.

I am however a very good source of information in photography.

You miss a real camera. You will never be able to get the photos with the quality you want using a cell phone.

This is just a sample of what you can do with flowers with a real camera. At least what I can do.View attachment 384991View attachment 384992View attachment 384993View attachment 384994
Beautiful

I must be honest here.

Not the type that does weddings or stuff like that. I'm retired now but spent 35 years photographing the greatest musicians of my lifetime.

I was the photographer for the Champs De Brionne Winery, MCA Universal Concerts, The House of Blues Concerts, Rolling Stone Magazine, MTV/VH1 and Getty Images/Wireimage. I was also the photographer for one of the largest film festivals in America for nearly a decade. I'm technically still employed with Getty. I haven't done a job in a few years. They sell my work for me.

I've been published in every publication on the planet from Forbes Magazine to Rolling Stone Magazine to The New York Times and everything in between. I've worked on TV so called reality shows. My work is used in movies, Showtime, HBO, DVDs and CDs.

The list of where my work is used and the jobs I've done over the years is just way to long to list.

It's not fair to compare my photos to anyone else's. Especially photos taken on a cell phone.

Nice work.

I guess I will just have to practice basic composition for now. I still need to learn all of the functions of the camera phone.

I may ask women if I can practice with them sometime.
Nudeblackandwhite.jpg

This is just a sample of what you can do with flowers with a real camera. At least what I can do.View attachment 384991View attachment 384992View attachment 384993View attachment 384994
Beautiful

Thank you.

I must be honest here.

Nice work.

I guess I will just have to practice basic composition for now. I still need to learn all of the functions of the camera phone.

I may ask women if I can practice with them sometime. View attachment 385029

Stop using the cell phone.

If you want to learn about photography I can teach you. I started teaching in the 90s. I've taught over the internet too.

I must be honest here.

Nice work.

I may ask women if I can practice with them sometime. View attachment 385029

Stop using the cell phone.

If you want to learn about photography I can teach you. I started teaching in the 90s. I've taught over the internet too.
Thanks, but I can't stop using a cell phone camera. My last camera was a film camera and I sold it a few years ago. It may be a while before I can get serious about photography.

Forum List

Back