President and First Lady send condolences to family of Missouri teen Michael Brown

I agree. This kid's life was snuffed out for supposedly jay walking. Reportedly, he was about to head off to college, so he had every right to feel proud of himself. He was an 18-year-old kid. I feel so sorry for his parents. I hope justice is served.

Wrong. His jaywalking initiated a police encounter. His refusal to comply with a law officer's lawfully given order escalated matters. After this events escalated even further in a fashion that we don't know yet. That kid was killed for something that happened in the moments just before he was killed.

The jaywalking is way, way upstream of what caused his death.

"Thug tactic"? Did you know Michael Brown personally? He was reportedly about ready to head off to college. You're trying to portray him as a thug - with no proof.

College? :lol: That's another crock of shit. He was supposedly going to go to Vatterott College to learn to work on air conditioners. That place is a vocational tech school that teach what most vo-tech kids learn in high school or at home in their fathers garage. I know the kids in his Normandy HS & Vatterott. That school takes all the losers, his grades must have sucked, otherwise he would have went to UMSL, SLU or Wash-U.

I guarantee you he purposely walked down the middle of the street instead of the sidewalk that is clearly there, just to piss off drivers. He mouthed off & or did something to the cop or his car as he drove by. The cop was also injured during this encounter.

Still it is not a justified reason to kill Brown, but it sure as hell was not a aspiring bright college kid walking across the street.

In other words, you're just stereotyping (profiling). You don't know jack shit about him personally. Sounds like the kid was simply jaywalking while black in a town that is 67% black with a 94% white police force.

And exactly what is wrong with stereotyping? This is the exact type of situation where stereotyping is useful. In the absence of SPECIFIC information, it's better to rely on GENERAL information.

You are very selective. You only focus on a specific story about a black teenager shot. Black teenagers are shot every night and you people go about your business.

It receives more attention when unarmed black kids are shot by white cops. Comprende?

I saw a few stats yesterday which seems to indicate a systemic problem in Ferguson. It shows that while Blacks make up 60% of the population, only 3 of Ferguson's 53 police officers are Black. Furthermore, 86% of car stops involved Blacks and 483 Black people were arrested compared to only 36 Whites.

But if you can show a community where unarmed White teens are being shot by Black police who hold 95% of the police force jobs in a community that is 60% White, I would sure love to see it. How long should I wait?

You don't have to look for bad motives to explain these disparities. We see the failure of blacks to pass Police exams all over the country. Why should Ferguson be any different. Blacks have earned for themselves a reputation for not doing to well on the schoolin' and stuff.

Similarly, why on Earth would you expect all racial groups to behave in the same manner while driving a car? If more blacks break motor vehicle laws, then more blacks being pulled over is exactly what we should expect.

Here is another unarmed teenager....not sure if he's going to college...

72-Year-Old Attacked In West Village Thinks He's Victim Of "Knockout Game": Gothamist.

Well then, clearly Michael Brown deserved to get shot. Is that what you're trying to imply?

What I'm implying,genius, is that press descriptions of what a man appears to be need to be investigated and not taken as the truth of who he is. The same description applies to the thug in my post. Glad to be of help.

72-Year-Old Attacked In West Village Thinks He's Victim Of "Knockout Game": Gothamist.

Well then, clearly Michael Brown deserved to get shot. Is that what you're trying to imply?

What I'm implying,genius, is that press descriptions of what a man appears to be need to be investigated and not taken as the truth of who he is. The same description applies to the thug in my post. Glad to be of help.

I see someone has a problem comparing apples to apples. Just try to focus.

Another lie the press is repeating is that Ferguson PD has 3 black officers & 53 white men. The truth is Only 44 of Ferguson's 53 white police officers are white males.

How do you know the Missouri unarmed teen wasn't on drugs...and the NY unarmed teen wasn't molested by a 72 yo priest? Hi yo silver....away!

How do you know the Missouri unarmed teen wasn't on drugs...and the NY unarmed teen wasn't molested by a 72 yo priest? Hi yo silver....away!

I don't know shit until I see the final FBI report - neither do you.

I think you were just trying to muddy the waters.

I think you were just trying to muddy the waters.

That's impossible on the politics MB....who would notice?

It's a few months before an election and democrats are in trouble. Thankfully, this is a beautiful gift and Obama and his cronies are going to wring all they can out of it. Corrupt trash.

yea and i bet you think they planed it too.....

I bet you think that because you know they're capable of that and would if they could get by with it.

yea it just sounds like something planned by the top levels of Govt....:rolleyes:

1. Blacks KILL twice as many whites ever year then the other way around.
2. The police are shooting everyone, no matter what color.

Of course, obama and the rest of his racist kind has to turn this fucking issue into race. Blacks think of themselves as teh center of the fucking universe.

I blame everyone that loses property or is murdered within this area on OBAMA and on racist blacks for doing this shit.

and many whites dont?....where the hell do you live?....

Nope, whites don't act like they're on the Jerry Springer show. This is what ignorant blacks do. Do you know how many different racist commie gangs ran to Ferguson?

is that why there are Whites on his show?.....are you going to tell me no white people act like ignorant assholes?...

President Obama said today that the police shooting death of unarmed Missouri teen Michael Brown was "heartbreaking," and he urged those who are upset over the incident to remain calm.

Brown, an 18-year-old African American man, was shot multiple times and killed Saturday by a Ferguson, Mo., police officer. The days since the shooting have been marked by tense standoffs between Brown's supporters and heavily-armed police officers, along with riots and looting of stores on Sunday night.

"The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time," Obama said.

"I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding," the President said in a statement. "We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds. Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve."

Obama emphasized that Attorney General Eric Holder and the Department of Justice will be investigating the shooting as well as local police in St. Louis County, Missouri.

More: President Obama Calls Shooting of Missouri Teen 'Heartbreaking' - ABC News

This is really sad, especially since the young teen was reportedly unarmed. I hope justice will be served. It brings back memories of Trayvon Martin.

That's nice. Did the first family do the same for the victims of all the shootings in Chicago?

President Obama said today that the police shooting death of unarmed Missouri teen Michael Brown was "heartbreaking," and he urged those who are upset over the incident to remain calm.

Brown, an 18-year-old African American man, was shot multiple times and killed Saturday by a Ferguson, Mo., police officer. The days since the shooting have been marked by tense standoffs between Brown's supporters and heavily-armed police officers, along with riots and looting of stores on Sunday night.

"The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time," Obama said.

"I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding," the President said in a statement. "We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds. Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve."

Obama emphasized that Attorney General Eric Holder and the Department of Justice will be investigating the shooting as well as local police in St. Louis County, Missouri.

More: President Obama Calls Shooting of Missouri Teen 'Heartbreaking' - ABC News

This is really sad, especially since the young teen was reportedly unarmed. I hope justice will be served. It brings back memories of Trayvon Martin.

That's nice. Did the first family do the same for the victims of all the shootings in Chicago?

I don't know. Do you? Not all presidential condolences are made public.

I don't know. Do you? Not all presidential condolences are made public.

No I don't which is why I was asking. Seems to be under certain select circumstances.

I just watched Lawrence O'Donnell interview a witness to the Michael Brown shooting. It was shocking. She seemed very credible. After the interview, Lawrence asked a panel of legal guests what they thought. They agreed she was very credible and based on what she witnessed - the officer should be charged with First Degree Murder. And, she isn't the only witness.

I just watched Lawrence O'Donnell interview a witness to the Michael Brown shooting. It was shocking. She seemed very credible. After the interview, Lawrence asked a panel of legal guests what they thought. They agreed she was very credible and based on what she witnessed - the officer should be charged with First Degree Murder. And, she isn't the only witness.

What happened to "Let the FBI sort this out." ?

You are a liar and a fraud.

Forum List

Back