President and First Lady send condolences to family of Missouri teen Michael Brown

Who Was Mike Brown: 5 Facts To Know About The Teen Fatally Shot By A Missouri Officer

Brown received his diploma from Normandy High School in St. Louis, on Aug. 1, reports the Washington Post. He attended classes throughout the summer as part of an alternative learning program to make sure he would complete his final credits for school. The school is located in the troubled Normandy School District and had lost it's state accreditation. The Missouri school board voted in May to dissolve the whole district, which is in severe debt, and to bring in a new system and board, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

His uncle Charles Ewing described Brown as a “gentle giant,” according to the Post. His family says he was an outgoing person who enjoyed spending time with his family and making others laugh. But they say he also had a shy side. Brown was a member of the U.S. Army's Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps as a freshman and he played on his school’s football team, Mashable reports.

A close friend of Brown’s since elementary school said the young man was focused on his goals, according to the St. Louis Dispatch. “Everyone else wanted to be a football player, a basketball player. He wanted to own his own business. He’d say, ‘Let’s make something out of nothing,’” said Gerard Fuller, who met Brown in the second grade.

Brown had two little sisters and a brother, reports KTVI. He was raised by his father, Mike Brown Sr., and mother, Leslie McSpadden. Brown’s family said they called him “Big Mike.” They said Brown had recently begun writing raps and recording them at his grandmother’s home.

Brown was killed just two days before he was supposed to begin classes at Vatterott College in St. Joseph, Missouri. He planned to attend the technical school to learn how to repair air conditioners and furnaces.

Who Was Mike Brown: 5 Facts To Know About The Teen Fatally Shot By A Missouri Officer

Mike Brown notched a hard-fought victory just days before he was shot: A diploma - The Washington Post

This kid sure doesn't sound like a thug to me.

Who WAS the guy in the store pushing around the clerk, making "something out of nothing?"

Must have been some OTHER "gentle giant."

As a well known COMMUNITY ORGANIZER, VERSED in RIOTS, and MAYHEM, why isn't the Coward in Chief doing something PERSONALLY to quell his brothers? Didn't he just land in D.C. tonight for a WORK BREAK from his VACATION(ROTFLMFAO!!!)...do you suppose he'll address this racial situation, besides stating "The Police Acted Stupidly"?

I think the OP should catch up on the latest. As usual the libs look like fools. Only in a lib world criminals are the good guys and cops the bad.

The kid was unarmed and minding his own business. The cop instigated needless violence. At face value - it looks like 1st degree murder.

Like that new search function, Lakhota? Works great!

I'll reserve judgement on Bergdahl until all investigations, mental and physical examinations/evaluations are complete and made public.

Hypocrite!

:321:

The kid was unarmed and minding his own business. The cop instigated needless violence. At face value - it looks like 1st degree murder.

Like that new search function, Lakhota? Works great!

I'll reserve judgement on Bergdahl until all investigations, mental and physical examinations/evaluations are complete and made public.

Hypocrite!

Like I said, sparky, "at face value"...

Hypocrite!

EDGARTOWN, Mass. (AP) — President Barack Obama is sending three White House officials to the funeral service of the Missouri teenager whose death in a police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, has sparked days of racial unrest.

Leading the group for Monday's service will be the chairman of the My Brother's Keeper Task Force, Broderick Johnson. My Brother's Keeper is an Obama initiative that aims to empower young minorities. Johnson is also the secretary for the Cabinet.

Obama Sends White House Aides To Michael Brown Funeral

Thank you, Mr. President.

FERGUSON, Mo. — Just after noon on Saturday, Aug. 9, Michael Brown was shot dead by a police officer on Canfield Drive.

For about four hours, in the unrelenting summer sun, his body remained where he fell.

Neighbors were horrified by the gruesome scene: Mr. Brown, 18, face down in the middle of the street, blood streaming from his head. They ushered their children into rooms that faced away from Canfield Drive. They called friends and local news stations to tell them what had happened. They posted on Twitter and Facebook and recorded shaky cellphone videos that would soon make their way to the national news.

Timeline for a Body: 4 Hours in the Middle of a Ferguson Street - The New York Times

Unbelievable.

FERGUSON, Mo. — Just after noon on Saturday, Aug. 9, Michael Brown was shot dead by a police officer on Canfield Drive.

For about four hours, in the unrelenting summer sun, his body remained where he fell.

Neighbors were horrified by the gruesome scene: Mr. Brown, 18, face down in the middle of the street, blood streaming from his head. They ushered their children into rooms that faced away from Canfield Drive. They called friends and local news stations to tell them what had happened. They posted on Twitter and Facebook and recorded shaky cellphone videos that would soon make their way to the national news.

Timeline for a Body: 4 Hours in the Middle of a Ferguson Street - The New York Times

Unbelievable.

Do you know long it takes to investigate a crime scene? ESPECIALLY one that is obviously going to have such huge ramifications? And one that involves a police shooting? No? I didn't think so.

Would you preferred they just didn't investigate? Oh police shot a black man, execute him. Done and done? Probably.

Keep your uneducated opinion to yourself mmmkay

Unbelievable.

Do you know long it takes to investigate a crime scene? ESPECIALLY one that is obviously going to have such huge ramifications? And one that involves a police shooting? No? I didn't think so.

Would you preferred they just didn't investigate? Oh police shot a black man, execute him. Done and done? Probably.

Well, dumbass, maybe you should have read the rest of the article.

Unbelievable.

The article has nothing to do with your OPINION.

The body couldn't be moved until the crime scene investigators were done with it, PERIOD. Your angst is stupid and misplaced PERIOD.

Unbelievable.

The body couldn't be moved until the crime scene investigators were done with it, PERIOD. Your angst is stupid and misplaced PERIOD.

I love it when dumb people try to act smart. Give us more...

Unbelievable.

Dumb people? I can guarantee that I'm smarter than you.

calling me dumb because you don't understand that processing a crime scene, especially a sensitive one, takes times is just ridiculous. Have you ever worked a crime scene? I have.

Unbelievable.

calling me dumb because you don't understand that processing a crime scene, especially a sensitive one, takes times is just ridiculous. Have you ever worked a crime scene? I have.

Well, dumbass, what about just covering the body? How long does that take? BTW, how long was it before anyone actually checked to make sure he was dead?

Last edited:
EDGARTOWN, Mass. (AP) — President Barack Obama is sending three White House officials to the funeral service of the Missouri teenager whose death in a police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, has sparked days of racial unrest.

Leading the group for Monday's service will be the chairman of the My Brother's Keeper Task Force, Broderick Johnson. My Brother's Keeper is an Obama initiative that aims to empower young minorities. Johnson is also the secretary for the Cabinet.

Obama Sends White House Aides To Michael Brown Funeral

Thank you, Mr. President.

As a business owner, I have lots of people too. Sending some of his people? He is saying this is no big thang to him. Why isn't he going? He's got a Martha's Vineyard vacation and his golf game to work on.

Unbelievable.

Well, dumbass, what about just covering the body? How long does that take? BTW, how long was it before anyone actually checked to make sure he was dead?

LOL you're name calling is acknowledging your defeat.

You of course have no idea how long it took them to cover the body do you? Nor do you have any idea how long it took for someone to "make sure he was actually dead" do you?

In actuality it's standard operating procedure NOT to cover a body until the medical examiner has okayed doing so, for a few reasons related to body temperature and of course contaminating the crime scene. Obviously you know nothing on the subject.

Back to calling names for you.

Forum List

Back