Privatize % of SS ?

Some or all or none

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You support allowing people to invest some or all of the SS payments into private account?

Yes.

SS is not an investment one makes to get a return. Its
a goverment project of mismanged fund borrowing. People are
deceived into beleiving its a retirement fund they can depend on.

If one was 65 today, and ready to retire, and made just 2% simple interest
on what they had put in in a lifetime, how much further
would you be ahead?

Social Security is as solvent as the US government is; that's where SS money is invested. Social Security has its own revenue source, the payroll tax. Anything wrong with Social Security is not the fault of Social Security itself.

You support allowing people to invest some or all of the SS payments into private account?

Yes.

would you be ahead?

Social Security is as solvent as the US government is; that's where SS money is invested. Social Security has its own revenue source, the payroll tax. Anything wrong with Social Security is not the fault of Social Security itself.

Wow, just wow. Do you not even see how asinine a statement like that is? To add insult to injury, there is not even a point there...

Yes.

would you be ahead?

SS money is not INVESTED in the government. It's been spent by the government and replaced with IOUs to tax future workers.

Yes.

would you be ahead?

Wow, just wow. Do you not even see how asinine a statement like that is? To add insult to injury, there is not even a point there...

As far as NYC is concerned: There's never ever a point there.

Just sayin'.

Yes.

would you be ahead?

Social Security is as solvent as the US government is; that's where SS money is invested.
The SS trust fuund is not invested -- in its sits a bunch of accouting entries masquerading as bonds.

Yes.

would you be ahead?

SS money is not INVESTED in the government. It's been spent by the government and replaced with IOUs to tax future workers.

What do you think the Federal government does when it issues a bond?

If the SS money is not invested, where does the interest come from?

Yes.

would you be ahead?

Social Security is as solvent as the US government is; that's where SS money is invested.
The SS trust fuund is not invested -- in its sits a bunch of accouting entries masquerading as bonds.

Which confirms what I said, although you didn't mean to.

Just sayin'.

You've gotten dumber than you were at that other place, which is quite an accomplishment.

Yes.

would you be ahead?

You should at least TRY to back up what you're saying.

Yes.

would you be ahead?

The goverment is broke to the tune of trillions of dollars.
Our childrens children will keep paying what Barry the WH
clown has done in just two years.

How many people does that payroll tax need to support just one receipient?
They call that a pyramid scheme in the corporate world and people are jailed
for it.

Social Security history Frequently Asked Questions

Is it true that Social Security was originally just a retirement program?

A: Yes. Under the 1935 law, what we now think of as Social Security only paid retirement benefits to the primary worker. A 1939 change in the law added survivors benefits and benefits for the retiree's spouse and children. In 1956 disability benefits were added.

This is cruel joke played on people that should just have learned to save
for themselves.

How many people support one person on social security? - Yahoo! Answers

3 to 1 back in 2008, what is it now?

This will bankrupt America, it needs to end.

No, it doesn't. There's no investment, just an accounting entry.
The money no longer exists, and the accouting ledger can be wiped clear at any time.

Yes.

would you be ahead?

The goverment is broke to the tune of trillions of dollars.
Our childrens children will keep paying what Barry the WH
clown has done in just two years.

How many people does that payroll tax need to support just one receipient?
They call that a pyramid scheme in the corporate world and people are jailed
for it.

Social Security history Frequently Asked Questions

Is it true that Social Security was originally just a retirement program?

A: Yes. Under the 1935 law, what we now think of as Social Security only paid retirement benefits to the primary worker. A 1939 change in the law added survivors benefits and benefits for the retiree's spouse and children. In 1956 disability benefits were added.

This is cruel joke played on people that should just have learned to save
for themselves.

How many people support one person on social security? - Yahoo! Answers

3 to 1 back in 2008, what is it now?

This will bankrupt America, it needs to end.

So you all believe the U.S. government will ultimately default on its debt obligations? That the full faith and credit of the U.S. will ultimately fail to be so??

...AND you want Social Security money put into the stock market??!!! Do you have ANY idea where the stock market would go if the U.S. defaulted on its debt??

lolol

Just sayin'.

You've gotten dumber than you were at that other place, which is quite an accomplishment.

Back up what? You made zero sense in your post and still have not addressed ONE post that I have made on this subject. Make a challenge against what I have posted. I have a feeling that you cannot.

Just sayin'.

Back up what? You made zero sense in your post and still have not addressed ONE post that I have made on this subject. Make a challenge against what I have posted. I have a feeling that you cannot.

That's what you said. You want me to make a challenge to that?

I suggest you go back to what I originally said and demonstrate specifically how it is inaccurate.

No, it doesn't. There's no investment, just an accounting entry.
The money no longer exists, and the accouting ledger can be wiped clear at any time.

That's like saying that the money the Chinese put into U.S. treasuries no longer exists, or the money millions of Americans use to buy U.S. bills, notes, and bonds no longer exists.

Oh shit, is that the IDIOT carbineer from Hannity? Please tell me it's not the same dolt...

That's what you said. You want me to make a challenge to that?

I suggest you go back to what I originally said and demonstrate specifically how it is inaccurate.

Actually, I was referring to the other 5 or 6 posts where I clearly state my case.

As long as it is by choice and not by mandate. It is their money, they should be allowed to do whatever they want with it. Including, but not limited to, leaving it where it is.

Absolutely. It's a plan that already works very well for the TSP (the federal employee version of a 401k) and various pension plans all across the country. I think it's an excellent idea to have one's future invested in more than just the government's ability to take money from other people.

NO. We pretty much already did that will 401K's and Keogh, etc.
the market will just harvest the portion "invested" as it does now with other "investments".
The the gummit would just bail out the SS investments.
So the only difference would be that the market made money off of it and taxpayers paid for it outside of the SS "contributions".

Yes, because no one in this country has made any money off of their 401k. Every single person in this country who has ever had one has had all the money siphoned off by greedy corporations, leaving them with nothing. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back