Puerto Rican food

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I am on a quest. I want to make Habichuelas Guisadas (Puerto Rican Stewed Beans)

and this:

I am looking for a main dish and a tried and true sofrito. I think I have one to use. Also, I'm going to take all that on a six hour drive so it has to stay presentable until I can nuke it at my destination. I can't cook there. I can reheat it in the microwave.

Got one?

I am on a quest. I want to make Habichuelas Guisadas (Puerto Rican Stewed Beans)

and this:

I am looking for a main dish and a tried and true sofrito. I think I have one to use. Also, I'm going to take all that on a six hour drive so it has to stay presentable until I can nuke it at my destination. I can't cook there. I can reheat it in the microwave.

Got one?
Eh, it's okay.

and this:

Got one?
Eh, it's okay.
I make a really good Asopao de Pollo. I want to learn other stuff.

and this:

Got one?
Eh, it's okay.
I prefer the fish dishes. bacalao, salted sole..

and this:

Got one?
You'll be farting for days!

and this:

Got one?
Eh, it's okay.
I prefer the fish dishes. bacalao, salted sole..
I would like to make bacalao. It would take a minute to find salted-cod here. I can't transport it though.

and this:

Got one?
For me personally, there is no quicker way to ruin a dish than to put peas in it. Peas will overpower the taste of anything it is mixed with.

and this:

Got one?
For me personally, there is no quicker way to ruin a dish than to put peas in it. Peas will overpower the taste of anything it is mixed with.
Like........green peas? or pigeon peas? Pigeon peas are beans.

I would leave out green peas in anything. Deceptive little mofos. They're pretty and green and round and completely disgusting when squished.

and this:

Got one?

I would leave out green peas in anything. Deceptive little mofos. They're pretty and green and round and completely disgusting when squished.
Ah, i have never had these beans you speak of. What do they taste like?

and this:

Got one?

I don't know. I'm going to find out though. Let me rephrase. I ordered canned pigeon peas because that's what the recipe calls for. I haven't seen any fresh in bags like pinto beans.

You don't see them because pigeon turds are garbage. Make a Cuban Congri instead
Really? Dang it.

I don't really like black beans much at all. I like some other Cuban food.

I remember delivering Avon to pr houses omg smelled like a concentrated fart of 50 people pressure cooker secured inside of the walls. As soon as you open the door, so bad.

and this:

Got one?

Sortof like Lima beans....which tastes pretty good if you prepare them right.

and this:

Got one?

personally I think peas is an essential ingredient to a good beef stew

and this:

Got one?

personally I think peas is an essential ingredient to a good beef stew

Well, you gotta at least give them a chance. That’s all I’m saying.

Forum List

Back