Q&A: How USAID is responding to Iraq's violent crackdown

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
And how can USAID push them? What do you consider the agency's role to be in this equation?

These are actually things that we have been working with them on for the past year or so. We have embedded advisers that are experts — some are Iraqi, some are from other countries — that actually sit in the prime minister's economic reform unit and sit in the Ministry of Finance …

They listen. They want to make the changes, but they have an entire bureaucracy and a lot of politics that go on, and corruption as well. But the baby steps are helping, and I'm optimistic that it can happen if they start listening to the protesters. They have the means. They know what needs to be done. They’ve just got to figure it out, and they have to push back and say "no" to those influencers or corrupt officials that don't want to make the change.
Q&A: How USAID is responding to Iraq's violent crackdown

You have to read the Q/A before this and the one after--just to make this less vile then as a stand alone.

Iraq gov't urged to rein in security forces to end 'bloodbath'

The video there is very informative...........explains a lot.......long video but I watched most of it.

The Prime Minister is Shia

The President is Kurdish.

The Speaker of Parlament is Sunni

And the dominant group in Parlament is Shia.

The problem is .........

It's a War torn country where people want jobs, security and services.....
It is a country that is divided by Religious Factions......
It is a country that has outside influence affecting the leaders there.......Iran and the U.S. mainly.

The people aren't accepting Democracy.......and the new system is a Democracy.....many of the protesters are saying the reject this Democracy because their Religious leaders haven't approved it...........

Mass confusion........mass poverty.......hunger..........and bloodshed........Welcome to the Middle East.

The video there is very informative...........explains a lot.......long video but I watched most of it.

The problem is .........

It is a country that has outside influence affecting the leaders there.......Iran and the U.S. mainly.

The people aren't accepting Democracy.......and the new system is a Democracy.....many of the protesters are saying the reject this Democracy because their Religious leaders haven't approved it...........

Mass confusion........mass poverty.......hunger..........and bloodshed........Welcome to the Middle East.

Another country we took out the govt of?

The problem is .........

Another country we took out the govt of?

Saddam..........yes is dead ........and he was dictator.............hmmmm.........

I never wanted long term engagements in the Middle East.........I was always for get in and kill the enemy and get out.............

I just watched a lot of the video from the site I posted........and it is very informative.......try to edjamacate yourself.............

Poor hungry people will riot........protest.........because they feel they have nothing to lose at that point. Is the same in Iran.........who are killing.......THOUSANDS...........and it was the same in the Arab Spring which was started by FOOD RIOTS.........

The people of Iraq are now blaming Democracy itself for their troubles on the streets........the those that want a Theology there...........well are probably whispering in their ears.......

Forum List

Back