Question: Can a US President borrow/print as much money as he wants to without Congress?

Let's hope that's how it works.
Kamala obviously didn't understand that her tax & spending initiatives would need congressional approval for funding, and if Republicans controlled the House or Senate her plans would probably not be appropriated.

Can you quote Kamala saying anything like that?

Having been for 4 years in the administration she knows damn well how it works - it's would be like not knowing where White House is.

Can you quote Kamala saying anything like that?

Having been for 4 years in the administration she knows damn well how it works - it's would be like not knowing where White House is.
Here is the part of the MSNBC interview that made me write this thread.
Kamala (and Ruhle) seem oblivious to the fact that Republicans would need to approve her spending priorities assuming the GOP takes the House and/or the Senate.

Transcript of Kamala Harris’ exclusive solo MSNBC interview​

RUHLE: And expanding that child tax credit, or you mentioned housing before, giving that extra money for a first home, if you can’t raise corporate taxes, or if GOP takes control of the Senate, where do you get the money to do that? Do you still go forward with those plans and borrow?

HARRIS: Well, but we’re going to have to raise corporate taxes. And we’re going to have to raise — we’re going to have to make sure that the biggest corporations and billionaires pay their fair share.
That’s just it. It’s about paying their fair share. I am not mad at anyone for achieving success, but everyone should pay their fair share. And it is not right that the teachers and the firefighters that I meet every day across our country are paying a higher tax than the richest people in our country.

Here is the part of the MSNBC interview that made me write this thread.
Kamala (and Ruhle) seem oblivious to the fact that Republicans would need to approve her spending priorities assuming the GOP takes the House and/or the Senate.

Transcript of Kamala Harris’ exclusive solo MSNBC interview​

RUHLE: And expanding that child tax credit, or you mentioned housing before, giving that extra money for a first home, if you can’t raise corporate taxes, or if GOP takes control of the Senate, where do you get the money to do that? Do you still go forward with those plans and borrow?

HARRIS: Well, but we’re going to have to raise corporate taxes. And we’re going to have to raise — we’re going to have to make sure that the biggest corporations and billionaires pay their fair share.
That’s just it. It’s about paying their fair share. I am not mad at anyone for achieving success, but everyone should pay their fair share. And it is not right that the teachers and the firefighters that I meet every day across our country are paying a higher tax than the richest people in our country.

There is not a single word in there about printing money.

I suggest you look it up first, create thread after.

True, but if Kamala wants her $25,000 new house plan, and student loans paid, and child credits, and money for illegals, and reparations, and green initiatives, and has a Treasury secretary that ignores congress and funds them, who is to stop her?
It doesn't work that way. It requires congressional approval, and the Federal Reserve works within the bounds of that approval. Congress must pass appropriation bills to provide the necessary funding.

There is not a single word in there about printing money.
I suggest you look it up first, create thread after.
Whether Kamala borrows or prints the money it would NOT be approved in a Budget.
She has no clue how the government works.
Ruhl's question was:
...where do you get the money to do that? Do you still go forward with those plans and borrow?
Kamala didn't say "NO'.

Forum List

Back