Question for those retired already

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
How does your retirement income compare to your pre-retirement income?

You see lots of different figures thrown around as to what percent it should be.

My calculations puts ours below our gross but about the same as our take home is now.

You see lots of different figures thrown around as to what percent it should be.

My calculations puts ours below our gross but about the same as our take home is now.
if youre smart you go into retirement debt free, so your income being lower isnt the end of the world,,

My retirement numbers are far below my pre-retirement numbers, but I knew that before I retired. We don`t buy new vehicles because we`re very happy in our home and don`t travel as much as we did before. We`ve seen America`s greatest national parks and made several trips to Costa Rica but those days are done and we`re good with that. Without a mortgage or car payments we`re doing well. Being debt free is a good thing.

if youre smart you go into retirement debt free, so your income being lower isnt the end of the world,,

agreed.

If we have any it will only be our mortgage but since we are looking to live aboard when we retire we will sell it and use the profit from the sale to off set the cost of housing we incur .

I make more take home money today than when I retired

Key thing to consider is you are no longer contributing to your 401k, Social Security and Medicare

I make more take home money today than when I retired

Key thing to consider is you are no longer contributing to your 401k, Social Security and Medicare

which right now is a big chunk of change that is for sure.

Retirement?

Who cares? The older one become the less visible one becomes and the world gets smaller and smaller. One cannot recapture what one lost or past up in youth. If some people mistakenly saved up so they could enjoy life in retirement? Sad. Gonna be spent on healthcare. LOL

Retirement?

Who cares? The older one become the less visible one becomes and the world gets smaller and smaller. One cannot recapture what one lost or past up in youth. If some people mistakenly saved up so they could enjoy life in retirement? Sad. Gonna be spent on healthcare. LOL

Are you not the ray of sunshine today.

For those of us not sucking at life, it is possible to save for retirement and enjoy life today.

Sorry that it suck to be you, but I am glad I am not you.

Forum List

Back