🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Questions for Tonight's Debate

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
(1) Our Beloved President and the previous Democrat Congress have managed the Federal Budget with the belief that a high budget deficit is irrelevant, as long as the economy continues to grow; thus, they have amassed many trillions of dollars in new debt. Conservatives have long predicted that high deficits would result in soaring interest rates and high inflation, which have not occurred after almost 8 years of historically high deficits. Are the Democrats right?

(2) The "accepted" number of persons in the country illegally is Eleven Million, but this is based on Census data that is both old and highly suspect. Other estimates run as high as thirty million. Is this a problem, and what do you propose to do about it?

(3) The Federal Government maintains a slew of laws that criminalize the use and commercialization of marijuana, while several states have legalized it under a variety of circumstances, including for recreational use. This has created the bizarre situation where people are operating business that are perfectly legal in the states, but criminal to the Feds, and thus nationally associated banks are refusing to do business with these entities. Is this situation tolerable, and if not, what would you propose to do about it?

(4) When elected, the Republican Congress promised to repeal or fix "Obamacare," and yet nothing significant has been done. In broad terms, what SHOULD the federal government be doing to ensure that every American has access to both affordable preventive and acute care?

(5) The public discourse now includes the proposition of raising the Federal Minimum Wage to $15/hr over a period of a few years. Republicans have uniformly asserted that this change will harm the people at the bottom. What would your administration do to promote employment of youth and those with minimal education and skills?

(6) The EPA recently promulgated regulations claiming that CO2 is a dangerous pollutant, and using that determination to attack coal-fired electricity production. Is CO2 a "dangerous pollutant"?

"(1) Our Beloved President and the previous Democrat Congress have managed the Federal Budget with the belief that a high budget deficit is irrelevant, as long as the economy continues to grow; thus, they have amassed many trillions of dollars in new debt. Conservatives have long predicted that high deficits would result in soaring interest rates and high inflation, which have not occurred after almost 8 years of historically high deficits. Are the Democrats right?" D4
"Are the Democrats right?" is the wrong question.
Who on that stage is going to answer that question in the affirmative?

The purpose of these media opportunities is to acquaint the voters with the policy positions and temperament of the candidates.

We already know their answer to the Q you've posed.

A more constructive question would be:
The U.S. NATIONAL DEBT

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 05 Aug 2015 at 07:51:09 PM GMT is:

debtiv.gif

The estimated population of the United States is 321,120,903
so each citizen's share of this debt is $56,536.75

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

What steps will your administration take to balance the budget and pay off the U.S. federal debt;

-AND-

What steps will your administration take to ratify into our Constitution a Balanced Budget Amendment (BBA)?

FOLLOW-UP Q:
If you would balance the budget by reducing expenditures, what expenditures would you cut, by when, and by how much?
If you would balance the budget by increasing revenues, what revenues would you increase, when, and by how much?

And have you taken the Norquist pledge? What will you do to get balanced budget cooperation from your fellow Republicans that HAVE taken the Norquist pledge?

Thanks for the topic D4.
I'm looking forward to both the 5 : PM & the 9 : PM.

"Do you take your medications with or without food?" D
I suspect most of the Republicans on stage would answer "Yes." to that.
"Do you believe the founding fathers would want people of your faith and religion running this country?" D
It is an interesting question D. But I wouldn't answer it without a "gotcha" follow-up.

- Q:

What political philosopher or thinker do you most identify with, and why?

- Bush:

"Uh Christ, because he changed my heart."

- Q:

"I think the viewer would like to know more on how he's changed your heart."

- Bush:

"Well, if they don't know it's going to be hard to explain.

Uhm, when you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as a savior, it changes your heart. It changes your life; and that's what happened to me."

- WHO-TV Republican Presidential candidate debate / Des Moines, Iowa / December 13, 1999

Excellent TOS!
I'd love to know ALL the candidate's both parties answer to those well conceived questions.

But you're right. I don't expect that either.

BUT !!

Sometimes Republicans quibble and whine about:
- the moderator was too liberal, or
- the moderator was biased, or
- the venue was modified to advantage Democrats, etc.

At least we won't have to put up with any of that in this case (these cases).

Forum List

Back