Quitting Diet Soda

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
So after being harassed by my wife for years about drinking diet soda I quit drinking it 6 months ago. Normally I would drink the equivalent of 6-8 12oz cans per day. Now, after 6 months off of diet soda I’d like to report no changes. I don’t feel better. I don’t feel worse. My health is about the same. My weight is about the same. What is the big deal?????? I replaced diet soda with water and unsweet tea.

Anyone observe any negative effects of drinking soda or positive effects from stopping?

So after being harassed by my wife for years about drinking diet soda I quit drinking it 6 months ago. Normally I would drink the equivalent of 6-8 12oz cans per day. Now, after 6 months off of diet soda I’d like to report no changes. I don’t feel better. I don’t feel worse. My health is about the same. My weight is about the same. What is the big deal?????? I replaced diet soda with water and unsweet tea.

Anyone observe any negative effects of drinking soda or positive effects from stopping?

Diet soda is nothing but carbonated water with a slight amount of sodium, and caffeine if applicable. As a diabetic, it works for me!

My doc said a long term study found a correlation between diet soda consumption and alzheimers....

I notice that when i quit and start again I get pimples on my legs....

I drink Diet Coke every once in awhile. I am not a soda person. I do drink Captain and Diet.

Hmm....I'm gonna drink Captain and Diet.

Someday.

Aspartame is nasty shit.

Aspartame is nasty shit.
Yes, I preferred saccharin even though it gave my mice cancer.

25 years after banning saccharine because it caused cancer it was discovered that saccharine never did cause cancer.

At any given moment competing forces have judged any number of consumables far too dangerous to eat. Sudden death is just one grocery aisle over. The truth is the world is filled with abominable busybodies who have a need to control others.

..any soda is not good for you..I know some kids that would drink 2 glasses for dinner---calories and they are not getting enough aqua

Never been a diet drink fan, as never saw a diet sweetener that did not prove linked to dangerous conditions (some deadly) after a few years after release on the market. On the other hand, have sweetened with sugar (white death) for over 66 years with no ill effects or weight control problems.

..we drank instant tea when we were kids....not much soda at all...we got a soda after our little league baseball games--a big treat

I just drink coffee or water, I have for years. Diet pop is terrible, I wouldn’t drink it for anything.

I’ve read a lot of studies that suggest artificial sweeteners are safe. Diet soft drink is actually 99% water. I used that fact for years to argue with my wife. I’m still avoiding artificial sweeteners but I am not convinced it’s really that bad.

In my opinion, most food has to be walked away from as well and some sweating at the gym has to happen if losing any weight is your intention.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Carbs are what I stay away from when I am not cheating.

In my opinion, most food has to be walked away from as well and some sweating at the gym has to happen if losing any weight is your intention.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Carbs are what I stay away from when I am not cheating.

Im healthy and weight control is no issue. I don’t like to drink my calories and my wife is concerned about long term effects of diet soda on the body even though I don’t notice or read much negative about it. I’m off to the park now for a run.

I drink Diet Coke every once in awhile. I am not a soda person. I do drink Captain and Diet.

Hmm....I'm gonna drink Captain and Diet.

Someday.
Captain and Coke is one of my favorite cocktails, depending on the bartender. Some know how to mix it right, other's don't.

Just don't overdo it.

25 years after banning saccharine because it caused cancer it was discovered that saccharine never did cause cancer.

At any given moment competing forces have judged any number of consumables far too dangerous to eat. Sudden death is just one grocery aisle over. The truth is the world is filled with abominable busybodies who have a need to control others.

Saccharin isn't banned and never was.

Saccharin isn't banned and never was.
You were saying

Forum List

Back