Quitting Diet Soda

I drink Diet Coke every once in awhile. I am not a soda person. I do drink Captain and Diet.

Hmm....I'm gonna drink Captain and Diet.

Someday.
Captain and Coke is one of my favorite cocktails, depending on the bartender. Some know how to mix it right, other's don't.

Just don't overdo it.
Pffttt..........if I can stay awake through the first one then ima overdo it.

So after being harassed by my wife for years about drinking diet soda I quit drinking it 6 months ago. Normally I would drink the equivalent of 6-8 12oz cans per day. Now, after 6 months off of diet soda I’d like to report no changes. I don’t feel better. I don’t feel worse. My health is about the same. My weight is about the same. What is the big deal?????? I replaced diet soda with water and unsweet tea.

Anyone observe any negative effects of drinking soda or positive effects from stopping?

It causes diabetes for one. Two there’s a lot of chemicals in it to where there are some nutritional people that think it’s worse than regular soda

So after being harassed by my wife for years about drinking diet soda I quit drinking it 6 months ago. Normally I would drink the equivalent of 6-8 12oz cans per day. Now, after 6 months off of diet soda I’d like to report no changes. I don’t feel better. I don’t feel worse. My health is about the same. My weight is about the same. What is the big deal?????? I replaced diet soda with water and unsweet tea.

Anyone observe any negative effects of drinking soda or positive effects from stopping?
I had a cancerous tumor removed from my pancreas last October.

While there is no PROOF my similar consumption of diet Pepsi is the cause, I have little doubt. It was my ONLY vice, and I read too many reported links between diet soda and cancer

Only thing I have to add is the valuable humor in seeing someone eating a Big Mac, large fries and a ..... DIET soda.
Never ceases to humor me.
I drank it for the TASTE, not the calories. Once used to it you really dont like the flavor of sugared colas

I had a cancerous tumor removed from my pancreas last October.

While there is no PROOF my similar consumption of diet Pepsi is the cause, I have little doubt. It was my ONLY vice, and I read too many reported links between diet soda and cancer
Glad for you it it was caught. i haven’t read that many studies on it. Mostly just observations like yours. Seems a bunch of chemicals would be bad but it’s 99.54% water according to this:

Only thing I have to add is the valuable humor in seeing someone eating a Big Mac, large fries and a ..... DIET soda.
Never ceases to humor me.
I drank it for the TASTE, not the calories. Once used to it you really dont like the flavor of sugared colas
I use to drink Coke like there was no tomorrow. Drank 3-5 cans a day. 7 days a week.
I stopped about 25 years ago now.
I no longer have the mind blowing migraines I use to have.
I no longer have IBS issues.
I have had I think 2 cavities in the past 20 years. I had probably 25 or 30 before I quit. I have 4 crowns, and 2 implants. All from my soda years.
I had developed a peptic ulcer when I was 29.

Straight soda is devastating to your health. Diet soda is not worse, it is not nearly as bad. But it carries it's own issues. Primarily chemicals and causes you to retain weight. Dieting while drinking "diet" soda simply means you are 3 times as less likely to lose the weight.
All in all it is a poor choice. Obviously.

Forum List

Back