Range reports

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
We went to the range and here is the straight scoop!

Ruger LCRx 22 DA revolver.

1621447212672.png

Flawless. Hits where I pointed it, no need to adjust the sights. We shot a variety of ammo, close to 300 rounds, and it never missed a beat. The ejector rod pushes out all 8 empties every time. SA pull is close to 5 pounds and DA is about that you would expect.

Get one if you are in the market

Now on to the the GSG 1911 22.

1621447237135.png

Shot 2 mags with no problems, and to be honest I was surprised. Hits where aimed. But then it started to not load a fresh round after ejecting an empty. Sometimes it would stovepipe. Then it would work ok and then repeat this problem. I was using 20 year old Federal 8 dollar a brick of 500 ammo and I just had a feeling that some of the loads just weren't producing the energy to fire it consistently. So I pulled a box of CCI stingers and shot 30 rounds of that and it never missed a beat. I could feel the difference in the recoil too. Trigger pull is about 5 pounds.

So in conclusion it's a keeper. I'll still shoot my cheapo ammo in it but when I want to blaze away I'll feed in some Hi-vel stuff. I wouldn't carry it anyway for CHL.
smile.png

Last edited:
  • Banned
rimfires have heavy triggers
It's all good. We like 'em both. The 1911 so I don't waste my 45 ammo and the Ruger is easier for my wife to shoot and is works just like her SW 357 and is very close to the same size.

My pistol preference is the Glock 30. It's highly accurate, easily cleaned and while chunky, is compact and as a .45, packs a punch.
My most enjoyable rifle at the range, is my Ohio Ordnance, 1918A, BAR. It's heavy, cumbersome and a bitch to clean, but to me, I've always liked its appearance and it represents our nations first foray into a squad support weapon, although back when they first invented it, they should have considered having the magazines carry more ammunition.

Last edited:
Ruger looks interesting. I love Rugers. Months back got a 22 Wrangler SA revolver ($199) I shoot dandelion heads off the stems. Been messing with instinctive shots with it, very happy how it points natural. The LCP 9 will drill anything you aim at. LOve my 10-22, it's the deluxe with checkered walnut. 2 barrels, stock and a 1:9 to stabilize the 60gr aguilas. Both barrels suppressed.

I looked into GSG long ago, think when they first came out

• Banned
Ruger looks interesting. I love Rugers. Months back got a 22 Wrangler SA revolver ($199) I shoot dandelion heads off the stems. Been messing with instinctive shots with it, very happy how it points natural. The LCP 9 will drill anything you aim at. LOve my 10-22, it's the deluxe with checkered walnut. 2 barrels, stock and a 1:9 to stabilize the 60gr aguilas. Both barrels suppressed.

I looked into GSG long ago, think when they first came out
I've got a wrangler also.

With the fixed sights I am about 1" left, 1" high. No prob but going to try some different ammos and see. Got the bronze ceracoat one. Also a very nice holster, belt, loops, I had long time fits perfectly.

• Banned
With the fixed sights I am about 1" left, 1" high. No prob but going to try some different ammos and see. Got the bronze ceracoat one. Also a very nice holster, belt, loops, I had long time fits perfectly.
I have the dark colored one, black I think. It shoots pretty close to where I aim so I won't worry about it. It's just gonna be a plinker. Hopefully! ;)

I have the dark colored one, black I think. It shoots pretty close to where I aim so I won't worry about it. It's just gonna be a plinker. Hopefully! ;)
Been shooting it alot. Try some just pointing, be surprised. Yeah kentucky windage is no prob. Shoot a few and it becomes a no think thing you'll just compensate. I liked that satin silver too. Bronze matches holster.

Been shooting it alot. Try some just pointing, be surprised. Yeah kentucky windage is no prob. Shoot a few and it becomes a no think thing you'll just compensate. I liked that satin silver too. Bronze matches holster.

Yeah, they're fun to shoot, and I've had 3 semi-auto 22's and the only one I really liked that I didn't have problems with is this GSG 1911 I have now. I shot some more hi-vel 36 gr, and it never misses a beat.

Yeah, they're fun to shoot, and I've had 3 semi-auto 22's and the only one I really liked that I didn't have problems with is this GSG 1911 I have now. I shot some more hi-vel 36 gr, and it never misses a beat.
I can't count the semi pistol 22's I have had from MK1 to MK3, Browning Challenger and later a Volquartson upper for it, lots little ones, just love them things! 22 is a fav for sure. Shotguns right up there too. Gonna go on a dove hunt next door (1.5mi) Use my black powder single shot 28ga black powder shotty. Or go to the 20ga double if I can't hit any. They got over 520 last year.

Forum List

Back